Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the Colts 1st Pick (final)

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Well, that'd be strange for sure. I really like Chubb but I don't think I'd be into it since I doubt it would be cheap. Cheaper sure, but I bet we'd have to at least give up one of our early 2nd's and something else.

I'm hoping we don't do it, but I'm sure Ballard has some kind of plan in mind if he does. At least I'm hoping.....

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Dream scenario for me. I know the Broncos have a lot of options and I know they're pretty set at edge but I just have this feeling that there's no way Chubb falls to us. Probably just trying not to get my hopes up though.

• Like 1

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Dream scenario for me. I know the Broncos have a lot of options and I know they're pretty set at edge but I just have this feeling that there's no way Chubb falls to us. Probably just trying not to get my hopes up.

If QB is drafted 123 start getting your hopes up.  I don't think the Broncos take Chubb if they stay.  They just resigned Shayne Ray, theyve got Shaq Barrett and Vonn Miller.  I don't see them getting Chubb. I could be wrong, but I don't feel like it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rockywoj said:

The thing that makes me think the Colts will not take Nelson, even if available, is Chris Ballard's saying they are looking to get elite difference makers that can change a game.  

As important as the OL is, there isn't a guy on the OL that can change a game like a player that can make an amazing catch, cause a sack fumble, or return a pick to the house for a pick six.  The diffference makers / game changer comments are straight from the horse's mouth.  Based on that, Nelson doesn't fit the description.  Of course, one cannot entirely dismiss the possibility of smoke screens, but an OT/OG/C are not big play game changers, generally speaking.

This would be accurate if all the OL had needs but in drafting Nelson he is the most sure thing in the draft and could fix all the O-line issues as that would give them AC, Nelson, Kelly, Mewhort, Good. So picking Nelson could really be a game changer. It would be a different story if Colts didn't have say Kelly/Mewhort. But also doesn't mean its going to be Nelson picked its most likely Nelson or Smith @#6 though if Colts trade down again they likely looking at Minkah or another DB for sure. Also Nelson is likely to be Pro Bowl his first season in the league and will be the best offensive guard in the league for the next decade, he is basically Joe Thomas @ Guard passing on that could be a huge mistake but if hes already gone pick is likely Smith.

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm going to go with Saquon Barkley RB 

Even if the Colts traded back to #12 pick and Barkley was still there they would not select him as they can't afford too. The only way they would select Barkley is if he fell to their first pick in the 2nd round...Picking a RB #6 overall is a luxury pick for teams like Jaguars who have elite defense already and don't have major holes from an incompetent GM like Grigson like the Colts do from his failed draft picks.

47 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

This would be accurate if all the OL had needs but in drafting Nelson he is the most sure thing in the draft and could fix all the O-line issues as that would give them AC, Nelson, Kelly, Mewhort, Good. So picking Nelson could really be a game changer. It would be a different story if Colts didn't have say Kelly/Mewhort. But also doesn't mean its going to be Nelson picked its most likely Nelson or Smith @#6 though if Colts trade down again they likely looking at Minkah or another DB for sure. Also Nelson is likely to be Pro Bowl his first season in the league and will be the best offensive guard in the league for the next decade, he is basically Joe Thomas @ Guard passing on that could be a huge mistake but if hes already gone pick is likely Smith.

Oh, don't misinterpret what I posted.  I completely agree about how important the OL is and how important one player on the OL can be, including at the Guard position.  In fact, for YEARS I have been advocating selecting some premium OL players, including this year with Quenton Nelson.  I would LOVE the Colts to get Nelson ... you know, finally fix the OL thing.  

What I said, though, was why I think that Ballard will not pick Nelson, which is because of what he said about wanting a premium difference maker / game changer / a guy that can make an impact play that can change the direction of the game / a guy that other teams have to game-plan around.  I think the OL can facilitate all of this, but one single player on the OL is not generally one that teams completely game-plan around.  Thus, in what Ballard has been saying, I don't think that Nelson fits that bill.  Therefore, I don't think that Ballard will select Nelson at pick number six, though I will be very happy if he does.

And yet, just now Pat Kirwin once again said he thinks it will be the Colts that take Quenton Nelson. lol  I know nothing.

NFL Rumors - April 26 Updates:
Comment on these NFL Rumors

image: http://walterfootball.com/jscss/Images/Logos/TRN/DEN.gif

DEN.gif

image: http://walterfootball.com/jscss/Images/Logos/TRN/SEA.gif

SEA.gif The Broncos and Seahawks want to trade down. - Jason La Canfora, CBS
Seattle is not a surprise. Denver could move down and grab Denzel Ward at Nos. 11 or 12. The Broncos may want to do that if Bradley Chubb is off the board. -Walter

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors#spTkW5tzdqwbXUQP.99

1 hour ago, FalseStart said:

We will be in the pick acquiring business if a QB or 2 is there at six... hopefully business will be a booming.

the giants, browns and broncos all said they wanted to trade too

going to be hard for us to get a big haul at #6

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Well, I can guess who Jimmy wants/predicts.

Obviously it could mean nothing, but I just have a feeling he's all about Saquon.

i think he likes barkley too and i wonder if they really have him as their #1.  im pretty sure he is high on the board

6 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Oh, don't misinterpret what I posted.  I completely agree about how important the OL is and how important one player on the OL can be, including at the Guard position.  In fact, for YEARS I have been advocating selecting some premium OL players, including this year with Quenton Nelson.  I would LOVE the Colts to get Nelson ... you know, finally fix the OL thing.  

What I said, though, was why I think that Ballard will not pick Nelson, which is because of what he said about wanting a premium difference maker / game changer / a guy that can make an impact play that can change the direction of the game / a guy that other teams have to game-plan around.  I think the OL can facilitate all of this, but one single player on the OL is not generally one that teams completely game-plan around.  Thus, in what Ballard has been saying, I don't think that Nelson fits that bill.  Therefore, I don't think that Ballard will select Nelson at pick number six, though I will be very happy if he does.

And yet, just now Pat Kirwin once again said he thinks it will be the Colts that take Quenton Nelson. lol  I know nothing.

You seemed to of missed my point Nelson alone likely won't be that game changer defenses game plan around but Nelson combined with Kelly/Mewhort that is something that could be special even add AC in there till his contract up. If we didn't have Kelly/Mewhort you would be spot on and Nelson wouldn't of been the pick and ballard would've traded back acquire #12 pick and #53/#55 2nd round he didn't do this trade though as he knew he couldn't pass up on Nelson because yes he is that good.

9 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

You seemed to of missed my point Nelson alone likely won't be that game changer defenses game plan around but Nelson combined with Kelly/Mewhort that is something that could be special even add AC in there till his contract up. If we didn't have Kelly/Mewhort you would be spot on and Nelson wouldn't of been the pick and ballard would've traded back acquire #12 pick and #53/#55 2nd round he didn't do this trade though as he knew he couldn't pass up on Nelson because yes he is that good.

I hear what you are saying ... and as for the actual selection of Nelson, I am extremely pleased!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 7:46 AM, BProland85 said:

If they stay put, Quenton Nelson.

If they trade down, Roquan Smith. 

On 4/26/2018 at 8:12 AM, aaron11 said:

i agree with bpro

nelson at 6 or smith if we trade back 

On 4/26/2018 at 8:21 AM, RealityIsLuck said:

If we’re picking at 6, my moneys on Quention Nelson unless Chubb is on the board which he may very well not be. If we move back I’d say Smith or Edmunds.  

On 4/26/2018 at 10:18 AM, indyman411 said:

This was my same thought. 

On 4/26/2018 at 11:55 AM, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

On 4/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, Four2itus said:

Nelson at 6, Derwin if we trade down.

22 hours ago, indyman411 said:

G Quenton Nelson

• Like 1