Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Cleveland Browns Need A Major Makeover...

bap1331

If they are going to rebuild, they need to rebuild their image too.

They are a team who are called the Browns, wear orange and black or white, and have a dog as a mascot?

What do you think they should do? I would start off by renaming the team...Im not bashing on the team.

Its just a thought, what do you think:?

The name comes from former owner Paul Brown, who also strongly influenced the Bengals. I think that if there was any interest in the changes you are talking about, they would have done it when the old Browns moved - instead of going to lengths to retain the identity, and then assigning it to an expansion team. This is what they've been since WWII.

They certainly don't have the most exiting livalry in the league, but it's their's. I get my back up when people start talking about changing the Colts uniforms. I can't imagine that Cleveland fans want to hear it either.

They are a team who are called the Browns, wear orange and black or white, and have a dog as a mascot?

lol

But really they wouldn't change like that. They are an old classic of an organization. You have to respect a team called the Browns, who wears orange, and plays in a place called 'The Dogpound'.

The name comes from former owner Paul Brown, who also strongly influenced the Bengals. I think that if there was any interest in the changes you are talking about, they would have done it when the old Browns moved - instead of going to lengths to retain the identity, and then assigning it to an expansion team. This is what they've been since WWII.

They certainly don't have the most exiting livalry in the league, but it's their's. I get my back up when people start talking about changing the Colts uniforms. I can't imagine that Cleveland fans want to hear it either.

They dont even have anything historic in their history of football, it shouldnt be hard to change the name of the team or a makeover. Colts obviously had a history with Johnny Unitas and Peyton, that wouldnt make sense today to give the team a new name

They need to rebuild the team, not the uniforms. They have to find some solid offensive players. Their defense is alright, led by guys like Phil Taylor and Joe Haden, but their offense is really lacking weapons

They need to rebuild the team, not the uniforms. They have to find some solid offensive players. Their defense is alright, led by guys like Phil Taylor and Joe Haden, but their offense is really lacking weapons

who is Phil Taylor and Joe Haden?

All i can think about when i think of the Browns are Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn (Who never succeeded...)

They could move to Baltimore. That worked out pretty well for the old Browns.......except for the wearing purple part.

okay let me get this straight. The browns are a team with a dog mascot who wears orange and white or black and used to wear purple? Was the person blind or color blind?

They dont even have anything historic in their history of football, it shouldnt be hard to change the name of the team or a makeover. Colts obviously had a history with Johnny Unitas and Peyton, that wouldnt make sense today to give the team a new name

You might want to research this a little bit further. IE: Does the name Jim Brown mean anything to you? How about Otto Graham? Two of the most historically important and transformational players ever to play the game - who played for some terrific teams.

I'm not clear on why this is so important to you, but if you are looking for an utterly pointless argument on this topic I suggest that you join a Browns board. Perhaps when you come back, what's left of you will have greater respect for tradition.

who is Phil Taylor and Joe Haden?

All i can think about when i think of the Browns are Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn (Who never succeeded...)

Joe Haden is their 2nd year CB.

Phillip Taylor is their rookie DT.

Also, another good player on Defense is veteran Scott Fujita, a 10 year LB that they picked up from New Orleans a few years back.

D'Qwell Jackson and Chris Gocong are each LB's in their 6th season and piled up 228 tackles between them last year.

Hope that helps!

Their defense has a lot of potential and could be a top 10 defense. They have Sheard, Rubin on the line, they have a good linebacking core, and Joe Haden + Ward in the secondary.

Their offensive line is getting better as they have 2 pro bowlers in Mack + Thomas, and they're working on the right side of the line. Their running back may not stay, but if he does, they're good there. RG3 should be coming to town and their receiving core could use some, but it's one good signing away from becoming a good core.

They don't need a major makeover, but in a couple of years I could see them fighting for a playoff spot.