Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two-time pro-bowler...I could get pretty excited about a line that included Pouncey and Nelson.  It's fair to say money shouldn't be an issue after releasing Hankins which I struggle with.to be honest but what do I know.  Pouncey is still young enough and can play Guard and Center so he brings versatility as well. So how about it Mr. Ballard?  This guy is likely better than anyone we've pursued to date.  Land a pro bowl talent at a position of dire need, go write that check!  

SD is saying he will play C there and not guard He seems more suited at C as he's only around 300 LBs. He did play guard in 2014 but I would think his preference would be to stay at C ? I wonder if we signed him , who would make the move to G ? 

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

SD is saying he will play C there and not guard He seems more suited at C as he's only around 300 LBs. He did play guard in 2014 but I would think his preference would be to stay at C ? I wonder if we signed him , who would make the move to G ? 

I thought the same, Jensen was a similar conversation and may be why we don't land these C/G types who prefer to play Center.  Most likely we're not looking at Pouncey, I have this weird "sign someone" imperative happening right now, especially for oline.

3 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I thought the same, Jensen was a similar conversation and may be why we don't land these C/G types who prefer to play Center.  Most likely we're not looking at Pouncey, I have this weird "sign someone" imperative happening right now, especially for oline.

Yeah.. me too.

48 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I guess its just my opinion, but I think Pouncey has always been one of the leagues most overrated players.

Just google it. I am not the only one who feels this way. 

Ok, well, that's not much to go on.  I don't know all that much either, what I do know is he's a two-time pro bowler which is no accident.  He had a hip injury that sidelined him in 16 and he played all of 17.  I checked some of the football rankings and most have him ranked as upper mid player at his position.  This is all in the confines of a very suspect offensive in Miami, so if you balance that against the most similar comparable, his twin brother, he looks like an upgrade to me all things considered.  Most likely won't happen anyway but I was interested in how you came to your opinion that's all.

47 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

Our O-line sucks as proven by the number of sacks last year.  We've done nothing to change that yet in regards to personnel.  Pouncey, in my opinion, would be an upgrade.

Sacks will go down I promise without even changing OL. First off hurry up offense wears down pass rush. Reich will implement a quicker passing game. Thirdly Luck won’t hold the ball as long as Jacoby did. No one holds it that long! It will get better..and I’m sure we add some youth in the draft.

3 hours ago, Rally5 said:

Two-time pro-bowler...I could get pretty excited about a line that included Pouncey and Nelson.  It's fair to say money shouldn't be an issue after releasing Hankins which I struggle with.to be honest but what do I know.  Pouncey is still young enough and can play Guard and Center so he brings versatility as well. So how about it Mr. Ballard?  This guy is likely better than anyone we've pursued to date.  Land a pro bowl talent at a position of dire need, go write that check!  

we have a good center at low cost....we dont have a need

15 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

We had that same center last year and how’d that turn out? I agree with trying him at guard while also being insurance in case Kelly goes down again.

Same center last year?    He didn't play much.    He was hurt most of the year.

What are you talking about?

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Same center last year?    He didn't play much.    He was hurt most of the year.

What are you talking about?

Ya that’s exactly my point. We had Kelly last year but he was constantly injured and the lack of depth behind him made our line even worse than it was. We need to sign someone as a potential starter at G while also being insurance in case Kelly goes down again. Basically he’s a cheaper Ryan Jensen. 

7 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ya that’s exactly my point. We had Kelly last year but he was constantly injured and the lack of depth behind him made our line even worse than it was. We need to sign someone as a potential starter at G while also being insurance in case Kelly goes down again. Basically he’s a cheaper Ryan Jensen. 

I don't see the Colts signing Pouncy.   But, I've been wrong plenty these last 7-10 days.