Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay says,"Why do some of u guys want us 2 sign Moss? We got Reggie,Gonzo,Austin,Pierre?"

coltsuser21

@JimIrsay (TWITTER

Jim Irsay

Why do some of u guys want us 2 sign Moss? We got Reggie,Gonzo,Austin,Pierre?

My link

also more recent he says" Is Randy Moss really at St. Elmos 2nite? I know nothing of this,but Indy IS quite nice in August-Talked 2 M Faulk 2day,he's firedup4saturday"

i guess we not getting him

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden

i think im most pumped that jimmy boy is listening!!!

i think we should sign him cuz he IS a h.o.f.er and garcon cannot be relied upon to catch everything his way..look its just for a yr so its not like its a long term plan for us

the way i see it is we got Reg @ the #1 spot

collie in the slot

and dallas @ te

those are the 3 best players in the NFL @ those positions..(mayb not Reg but watever ill take him over 90% of the other guys)

now @ the #2 we got garcon..speed and size..thats great but he "tends" to drop passes

gonzo..im sry but i havent been a gonzo fan since he got drafted so high..hes a homerun or a strikeout every other game..peyton needs some1 more reliable than that

sooo if we add moss (and he really wants 2 play here) hes got hands..speed..jumping..size..he can add alot 2 this team

but after all said and done..hes not a must..just would be a massive luxury that would help get us 2 the promised land and sometimes u gotta take a little risk to get what u want

@JimIrsay (TWITTER

Jim Irsay

Why do some of u guys want us 2 sign Moss? We got Reggie,Gonzo,Austin,Pierre?

My link

also more recent he says" Is Randy Moss really at St. Elmos 2nite? I know nothing of this,but Indy IS quite nice in August-Talked 2 M Faulk 2day,he's firedup4saturday"

i guess we not getting him

insurance,deep threat. it would helpthe run game!and 2 of the four cant stay healthy.

We have no deep threat. Gonzo is prone to injuries, he's proven that. He'll be out by week 5-6. Garcon is a beast, but his hands are questionable. Clark takes a bad fall on that wrist, he's out. IMO, that's why we need a deep threat in Moss. Make him a one year deal. Feel him out. Can we have like a try out or something to make sure he's serious enough to play for the Colts? lol

Hidden

lol b/c every casual football fan just knows big name players and that's about it. When one is available they think their team MUST get them, especially if it is a RB, or WR.

yeah thats the reason why ppl want randy moss..it has nothing to do w hes a h.o.f. player and is ranked #2 behind jerry rice for most of the major statistical catagories

..its just that we dont know no better..her her

Our goal should still be to run the ball well enough to traditionally open up plays for our WRs. We might still be a middle of the road running team but I will take it at this point in time. Teams, whether we have a burner WR or not, still play their safeties deep since we do not make their front 7 pay by running it well enough. Besides, Manning is good enough that if you run good routes, he will find you, whether you are a burner or not. That also explains why teams like even the Jets prefer to keep their safeties behind despite having 2 good man CBs on the outside since they know Manning works the seam in the middle like no one else.

The only true way this offense will open up is if our O-line forces teams to bring their safeties up a little more.

As far as getting a WR for injury insurance (whether it is Collie or Gonzo or Blair White that gets injured), the one that makes the most sense with Manning not throwing much in TC, would be Brandon Stokely, a vet that knows our system well enough to be able to contribute the quickest.

yeah thats the reason why ppl want randy moss..it has nothing to do w hes a h.o.f. player and is ranked #2 behind jerry rice for most of the major statistical catagories

..its just that we dont know no better..her her

He isn't hungry anymore. He has made that abundantly clear over the last two seasons. What good is all that freakish talent when he doesn't care to exert his will anymore? When a player puts that out there, the league gets mighty cold to any player, HOF candidate or not.

Speaking of Garcon, and his never quit motor he plays with, can anyone cite Randy running down a turnover, in the playoffs no less, and stripping the ball to getit back? Seen Garcon do it... May not have the best hands, but i feel that bringing Moss in will take away from Garcon's development. If we sign Moss to a 1 year deal, and he leaves next year, what then? If Garcon doesn't improve, who will we be begging the Colts to sign? Not worth what we will lose out on, I think...

Hidden

He isn't hungry anymore. He has made that abundantly clear over the last two seasons. What good is all that freakish talent when he doesn't care to exert his will anymore? When a player puts that out there, the league gets mighty cold to any player, HOF candidate or not.

hed b so hungry he could eat a horse buffet if he was playing w peyton manning..i guarantee it

the pats make sure brady has superstars to throw to and they always have a burner we could use one too

You keep saying the same thing over and over. This is, like, your 5th post saying the exact same thing in this thread.

And what superstars, aside from Moss? Chad Joh-er, Ochocinco isn't very good anymore, and he's not really a burner anyway. If Moss dropped off the face of the earth in New England, why would he do much better in Indy?

Seriously, lets compare the Colts and Patriots receiving corps right now, since you seem to think that the Pats are giving Brady weapons and the Colts are stiffing Manning.

Wayne > Ochocinco (no question)

Collie >/= Welker (if he'd been healthy last season it would be a >, as it is it's an =)

Garcon > anyone else on the Patriots (Edelman, Branch, Tate, etc.)

Gonzo is probably better than them too.

Tamme + Clark is probably better than the Patriots TE combo.

Seriously, every single one of your posts so far has been about how bad the LBs, safeties, and WRs are. And no, Bob Sanders is not going to lead the Chargers to a super bowl dynasty, and no, Ernie Sims is not a no-name career backup.

hed b so hungry he could eat a horse buffet if he was playing w peyton manning..i guarantee it

I heard this same bit when he played with Favre. Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy seeing the duo in action, and I know there would be some big moments. Seems like this would create a schism within the receiver corps to sign Moss at this point.

Gonzo is kinda fragile, but it's not like Clark, Garcon, and Collie have much of an injury "history". They just all happened to be injured at the same time. Prior to Clark getting hurt last year, he'd started 36 straight games and 52 of his last 54. What basis do you have for suggesting he can't stay healthy?

Name me one NFL team that has as good a #1-3 WR, #1 TE, #1 RB group of receivers in the NFL. One team that has a better receiving group of 5 than Wayne, Collie, Garcon, Clark, and Addai.

I agree with Irsay. Never understood the "sign Randy Moss" talk. It just doesn't make good sense.

lol doesnt make sense? Imagine if your the DC or CB. Just trying to game plan for Wayne, Moss, Collie, Garcon, and Clark is almost impossible. The name alone will make defensive schemes change. Just them having the thought of a down the field threat, IMO would open up our running game even more. I say give it a shot for a year. I would just like to see Peyton with a a guy like this on our team. Never really had a guy like this. Harrison was awesome, but not the same reciver as Moss

lol doesnt make sense? Imagine if your the DC or CB. Just trying to game plan for Wayne, Moss, Collie, Garcon, and Clark is almost impossible. The name alone will make defensive schemes change. Just them having the thought of a down the field threat, IMO would open up our running game even more. I say give it a shot for a year. I would just like to see Peyton with a a guy like this on our team. Never really had a guy like this. Harrison was awesome, but not the same reciver as Moss

By that logic we should also have signed Braylon Edwards, Sidney Rice, and Plaxico Burress and making other teams gameplann for Wayne, Moss, Collie, Garcon, Clark, Edwards, Rice, and Burress.

You can only put so many guys out there at once. The money we'd spend on Moss would be better spent elsewhere.

Hidden

By that logic we should also have signed Braylon Edwards, Sidney Rice, and Plaxico Burress and making other teams gameplann for Wayne, Moss, Collie, Garcon, Clark, Edwards, Rice, and Burress.

You can only put so many guys out there at once. The money we'd spend on Moss would be better spent elsewhere.

i like how ppl try 2 tell u that u r saying something ridiculous n get carried away with it..u have no point here..please stay in the penalty box for 5 posts

i did want sindey rice tho..but woulda not been worth it for our cap situation @ the time but thought he woulda shined in indy..size, speed, hands..yeah

My logic was that we have never really had a wide reciever such as Moss, and yes you try to game plan for a 4wr set with WAYNE, COLLIE, MOSS, AND GARCON OR CLARK. I dont know about you, but id like to see that in action.

What I'm saying is, we already have a talented and deep group of receivers, especially if you count the TEs and HBs. Why sign Moss when we already have to spread the ball around between Wayne, Collie, Garcon, Gonzalez, Clark, Tamme, and Addai, especially since Moss is a guy who isn't happy if he's not putting up numbers?

It's just not worth spending the money on a guy with the mental makeup of Moss at arguably the best & deepest position on our team.

Seriously, we need another WR like the Phillies need another starting pitcher right now.

Hidden

jim puts the wit in twitter

dont u see..hes playing us all for fools..hes gonna act like he has no idea whats going on just 2 toy w our emotions..hes a sick individual..i heard that sometimes he puts disguises on and goes into bars and asks a women if he can buy em a beer..then when he comes back he just stares @ em and pours it on the floor..i also heard that when he asks little kids if they want candy..he reaches into his pocket n pulls out a melted kit kats..what a psycho

Dude, I laughed hysterically for like 2 minutes straight after a read that! Frickin' hilarious! I'd say he puts the twit it twitter, rather than the wit in twitter, though.

Hey, our receiving corp is already solid, so we don't need Moss. There is always the chance he'd be special, but it could crash-and-burn pretty bad.

Frankly, I think we'll be fine with the #FourHorsemen (Wayne, Gonzo, Garcon, Collie).

Did you mean our receiving corp is already fragile? Yea i would think we would be fine too if they stayed healthy all yr, but Gonzo gets hurt walking out of the tunnel and Collie needs to wear 3 helmets. Im saying sign Moss to the same contract that Edwards signed for. He gets 1 million with incentives i think its up to 3.5

IF WE CAN START RUNNING THE BALL AS EFFECTIVE AS WE DID WHEN WE HAD E.J. , PIERRE GARCON WILL LOOK LIKE RANDY MOSS WITH THE SLIGHT EXCEPTION OF A FEW DROPS HERE AND THERE. we can't forget, these guys are facing cover 2 schemes alll game so everything has to be done underneath with perfect throws from peyton.