Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Holder] Colts had no formal interviews with any of the QBs at the combine

stitches

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

Like the new pic.  That being said, the Colts have historically drafted guys whom there seemed to be little indication of Colts interest.  No specific examples are coming to mind, I just remember so many times in the past handful of drafts, the Colts passing on guys that they interviewed and taking guys whom no one reported the Colts had an interview with.  It's almost as though if the Colts interview a prospect, then you can cross him off the draft board.  That's obviously not going to be true all of the time, but it feels that way.  That being said, I don't see us taking a QB so I hope you're ultimately right.

I was thinking that also. There are players drafted by teams that never interviewed them. Some of the players had no clue they were going to be drafted by the team that pulled the trigger.

Even one official meeting with a QB, even some 7th round might be good enough to be a backup but is probably just a camp arm QB would send the media talking about how it might be an indication that Luck is not healthy.  

I don't blame them.  I wouldn't meet with them either.  

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Even one official meeting with a QB, even some 7th round might be good enough to be a backup but is probably just a camp arm QB would send the media talking about how it might be an indication that Luck is not healthy.  

I don't blame them.  I wouldn't meet with them either.  

I think they did have a few informal meetings with QB prospects

On 3/5/2018 at 7:00 AM, stitches said:

This is not a team that has serious worries about their starting QB IMO. 

I don’t see any reason why they should other then trickery into “saying” they are looking into a QB so give us a call for our draft pick.

Interviews or not, if Luck is still throwing medicine balls or volleyballs but no footballs next month, count on a high draft pick being used on a qb...unless they are already planning on a top 5 draft pick again next year.

27 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

do you mean Front Office, if so they would be in on the subterfuge, I do not understand your meaning brother

Yes front office.   I get the subterfuge, but they would not be intrested in alienating the fan base and causing more questions about Lucks status.

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

Yes front office.   I get the subterfuge, but they would not be intrested in alienating the fan base and causing more questions about Lucks status.

But it seems to me that Luck, Ballard and Reich have said all we needed to hear about Luck's progression and as a fan base member I want wins and superbowl championships over hurt feelings. All Ballard has to say is that we are talking to all the top players which we should every year anyway, What is Luck takes a downturn? It would have been nice to interview these QB's anyway.Its a win-win for everyone in end