Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You Evaluate The Combine

Jefferies will fall. Vontaze Burfict falls hard too. Others who surprised me in a bad way were Vinny Curry, Brandon Thompson, Dwight Jones, the corner from montana (forgot his name). Stephen Hill, Tommy Streeter, Poe, Miller all increased their pay checks

What was bad about Brandon Thompson and Trumaine Johnson?

I didn't get to see as much as i would have liked, but glad I even have the NFL network.

To me A. Luck and his measurables surprised me on the up side. Others I think helped me take notice on the up- D. Poe, S. Hill, C. Glenn,

On the downside- M. Adams, V. Burfict,

What the heck surprises? R. Tannehill (didn't throw??) A. Jeffrey (weighed in, did nothing else???)

Pretty much all of the others was close to expectations based upon what I had seen/read before, or I didn't see their contributions at the combine. I'll read others opinions of what they saw to fill in my many gaps.

I didn't get to see as much as i would have liked, but glad I even have the NFL network.

To me A. Luck and his measurables surprised me on the up side. Others I think helped me take notice on the up- D. Poe, S. Hill, C. Glenn,

On the downside- M. Adams, V. Burfict,

What the heck surprises? R. Tannehill (didn't throw??) A. Jeffrey (weighed in, did nothing else???)

Pretty much all of the others was close to expectations based upon what I had seen/read before, or I didn't see their contributions at the combine. I'll read others opinions of what they saw to fill in my many gaps.

Tannehill = healing from a broken foot.

i forgot his name, but RGIII's WR i think lowered his pay check with that slow 40 time he had. he is small, so speed should be one of his assets. running that slow of a 40 will hurt him a little bit IMO... he will still be drafted on round 2, but people were talking about him as a 1 pick.

Melvin Ingram is gonna be nasty. The safety from Notre Dame impressed me.

Yep, Harrison Smith would make a good safety at the next level, and if we do plan on trading Freeney, you have to draft Melvin Ingram to replace him if you can pull it off (not sure how though).

I was surprised by some of the bad route running from the receivers and tight ends. I saw a lot of corners being rounded out, heads not turning in time, and hands not ready to catch. You would think that they would be ready to showcase their talents at the combine, but it seemed that lot of them weren't ready and hadn't practiced enough.

What was bad about Brandon Thompson and Trumaine Johnson?

reviews i saw of Johnson say he was too tight and will probably have to move to safety. Thompson didn't do drills and wasn't that fast. Read he shold drop to late 2nd early 3rd. Doesn't mean its actually true though. Just what I read

reviews i saw of Johnson say he was too tight and will probably have to move to safety. Thompson didn't do drills and wasn't that fast. Read he shold drop to late 2nd early 3rd. Doesn't mean its actually true though. Just what I read

Johnson is talented, and I thought the DBs looked pretty bad in general. I would take Thompson at 65.

Tannehill = healing from a broken foot.

How/when? I know most breaks are healed 6-8 weeks. I though College football was done by week 1 of Jan. Why is it broke, why is it still being rehabbed? I guess I need to Google...

EDIT: OK, broken 5th metatarsal, right foot just as he began off season workouts.

nick perry. listed at 250lbs but came in at 271 ran a 4.5 forty, 35 reps in bench, 38in vertical.

josh norman a cb out of coastal carolina was considered a low 2 or high 3rd pick, but ran a 4.6 or something like that....not good for a cb

Stephen Hill Derrick Wolfe looked good.. Harrison looked good we should look at getting him in the 2nd IF he is available..I put these forst becuase I think these are ones we can get..

ingram .. poe..

down .. M adams... ( sad when DB out press a C) Burfict.. Alshon Jefferies.didn't help himself ... Blackman .. didn't help himself not doing the 40 but ran the routes.. Baron he didn't do anything...

would have loved to see Luck & RG111 passed and I think RG missed a Golden opportunity to upscale Luck..