Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What can a healthy Luck do in Reichs offense?

RockThatBlue

56 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

And Jim said he was to be ready for 2017 opening day which in turn really PO those season ticket fans.

Not about doom and gloom here; just keeping it real for u rose colored eye glasses fans are who expecting 2016 Luck.  I am not the only one who thinks Luck may be done. But for some reason here; u have a different opinion, and people are taken aback. Pretty much sounds like USA now.

Or maybe people are tired of hearing about how luck will never play again. The same pessimistic posts get old after months of reading them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, austriancolt said:

Luck will do nothing if we can't protect him! This is absolutely crucial this year. We have to improve the Offensive Line and while others are talking if we should draft Chubb or Barkley I hope they trade back an get Quenton Nelson and ad a veteran like Norwell in free agency. Luck is the guy that win us the games, can't afford to lose him again because of failed protection. If we can manage to improve the OL I think Reich is a perfect fit for Andrew and after the shake of some rust he will be great again!

I can see up to 6 QB's taking in round 1. A few Offensive Lineman will slide in the draft and even if we don't grab one with our pick, I know we will have the chance to snag a day 1 starter early in round two. You're right though, the line needs to be patched up and fixed before Luck hopefully takes the field in week 1.

30 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Jim Irsay is the Colts biggest fan he had an opinion just like you do & neither is perfect .

This is Feb 2018 6 months from the start of preseason , 

You might think Luck is done ?:spit: Based on your observation :nono:  So your a Doctor ? When was your examination ? 

Okay I'll play along keeping it real , is yours a personal opinion ? Based on years of medical experience ? Or is it just a need to feed your ego ? By Trolling Optimistic fans who believe your opinions is wack a doodle ?

Trolling, MD and feeding me ego? Foolish and arrogant of  u to say. You don't know me. Guess thousands of Colt fans are trolling too if disagree with u? Jim was the owner (I'm just a fan) who sold Colt fans on a bag of goods that turned out sour. There were plenty of Colts season ticket holders who felt same way. Bud, been a fan since 1972 and yes, it's my opinion. What are u? the Colts PC Luck police if someone has another view other than your own? Only your view matters I guess.

10 minutes ago, Reidm said:

Or maybe people are tired of hearing about how luck will never play again. The same pessimistic posts get old after months of reading them.

Well if the news was 100% the other way around as we all want it to be, then the posts would be different. Of course, we what him Game 1 of this season. But what Ballard said about him not throwing a football yet at the presser was not exactly a full glass of optimism there. Sure, he said does not need another surgery, which was good to hear, but until he amps up actually throwing, nobody knows what is going to be.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

For the RPO to be effective, we need to have a Bell cow back to keep the defense honest. That’s not Mack, although he’s talented.

InbeforeDraftBarkley

You don't have to have a bell cow back.  Just an effective back or corp of effective backs.  We don't need Barkley to make RPO work.

20 minutes ago, J@son said:

You don't have to have a bell cow back.  Just an effective back or corp of effective backs.  We don't need Barkley to make RPO work.

I agree. It seems to work for the patriots. It also just worked for the Eagles. Those teams with the so called bell cow back didn't make the super bowl I noticed.

2 hours ago, JColts72 said:

And Jim said he was to be ready for 2017 opening day which in turn really PO those season ticket fans.

Not about doom and gloom here; just keeping it real for u rose colored eye glasses fans are who expecting 2016 Luck.  I am not the only one who thinks Luck may be done. But for some reason here; u have a different opinion, and people are taken aback. Pretty much sounds like USA now.

99% of your comments do fall in the doom and gloom crowd. Very rarely does any of your comments contain anything positive.

You take yourself way to serious.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

99% of your comments do fall in the doom and gloom crowd. Very rarely does any of your comments contain anything positive.

Must be my East Coast attitude. But thanks for taking the time out to check all my posts over the last 7 years. Talk about 1984 big brother watching. 99% is an exeggeration on your part.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Did not know 3 post over several years is 99%. Fall off your chair as like the Reich hire.

I think we all should have pretty mild expectations for Luck next season. I expect a slow start from him. Remember not only has he had shoulder surgery and it might effect his mechanics but he hasn't played in like more than 18 months.....it isn't easy to get adjusted back to the pace of the game...get your timing and rythem. I expect some bumps and bruises along the way...learning a new system and getting up to speed but I think a lot of people would benefit from lowering their expectations. If Luck isn't even throwing a football yet he clearly won't be able to throw in the mini camp in April....maybe not even the one in July so I think we are looking at a slow recovery here. Luckily we have Brissett with a year under his belt in case Luck can't start the season but even when he comes back...you can't make up for missed reps...those are very important to a qb. Remember when Peyton missed all camp in 2008 and the year he had coming off that. 27tds and 12 picks...he was up and down until basically Pittsburgh in week 10. It effected him all year honestly. Let's not get carried away if Luck struggles some early on. He wasn't ever the most accurate thrower as it was...so I'm not going to expect fire works week 1.

3 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Must be my East Coast attitude. But thanks for taking the time out to check all my posts over the last 7 years. Talk about 1984 big brother watching. 99% is an exeggeration on your part.

3 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Did not know 3 post over several years is 99%. Fall off your chair as like the Reich hire.

It is what it is. If you think your going to bait me into your negativity, not happening.

So the mystery continues. Is Luck healthy? Would Reich have taken the job if he was not? Did Reich take the HC job regardless of Luck's status just to get a HC job? Is this dark cloud a deliberate ploy by Irsay to keep the AFC South guessing? Did McDaniel change horses because he learned Luck is not healthy? Tune in again next week. Same Colt time. Same Colt channel.:coltshelmet:

This team will make the playoffs this year with Brissett if we make good moves in draft and free agency...Im not that concerned with Luck, even if he comes back he is 1 hit away from being done...Hopefully he comes back and stays healthy and leads us to glory, but I sure wouldn't plan on it...

On 2/13/2018 at 3:15 PM, J@son said:

Arguably the Eagles didn't have a "bell cow back."  They had a stable of 2-3 different guys back there and used them pretty interchangeably.  The Patriots used a similar concept although the focus for the Pats was, of course, more on pass catching compared to the Eagles with all of Burkhead, Lewis and White being more than capable of receiving.

The meta in the NFL seems to be moving more and more to having multiple guys to share the load rather than being 1 blown knee away from not really having a running game.  Kamara/Ingram, Burkhead-Lewis-White, Ajayi/Blount, all examples of this that went deep into the playoffs helped by their running game

Neither of the two teams in the Superbowl  relied on a big name "feature back."  Something to think about I think.  Frankly I think that style of play can work at times but is mostly a relic of the past and requires a generational talent to sustain for long periods of time.

On 2/12/2018 at 1:50 AM, Patrick Miller said:

I think Luck is done. Don't you find it disturbing that Luck hasn't thrown a football since they shut him down...4 months ago?? Better work out a trade for Foles....

Im not sure he is done, but he is certainly not our current starter. So much discussion about Luck, we need to focus on who we know can play and that is Brissett. Too many holes to drop thay loot on a Foles or FA qb.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

That wasn't the bet, but nonetheless, you have hurt my feeling with callous words.

So sensitive...will there be colt fan safe spaces now? I think u need to re-read what u presented about your draft known predication at 3. U said such, not me.

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

So sensitive...will there be colt fan safe spaces now? I think u need to re-read what u presented about your draft known predication at 3. U said such, not me.

The bet is if Barkley is at 3, not Chubb.

and evidently you don't get sarcasm.

the rest of your post was spot (more sarcasm)