Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY HEARD....

Coltfreak

Ballard say he wanted Toub?       For some reason someone says something and it gets picked up carried and amplified without merit.

I posted in another thread it would be highly unprofessional to say he has interest while Pags is still here.   So I am 100% convinced he has never said this.  

I am different than most people I guess,    When something like this is posted I look into it.   And I have found no where that he has said anything about who he wants of IF he wants a new HC.  Maybe I missed something.    Help me out if I have 

It's one of those two plus two things where several "pundits" tie the two together based on work history together and what other respected coaches have had to say about him.

Of course CB hasn't said anything publicly......that would undermine his current staff AND would be tampering.

In top of that, the Rooney Rule is still in play and he'll have to interview at least one minority amongst the potential candidates.

25 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I don’t even get why everyone would want him.  He’s never really been more than a STs coach in the NFL.  

I’d hope we’d at least go with someone who’s an innovative OC.  

I'd rather have an innovative OC as the OC.

i want my headcoach to be a great motivator and game manager.

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I don’t even get why everyone would want him.  He’s never really been more than a STs coach in the NFL.  

It doesn’t really matter if a head coach was previously an OC or DC. What matters is if he is a leader and a good decision maker like Wool Magnet said above. if he can bring the best out of his players then that is the most valuable trait imo. Special teams and positional coaches can still be very successful head coaches in the NFL. I’m not saying we should get Toub I’m just saying don’t knock him because he is a special teams coach

7 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Ballard say he wanted Toub?       For some reason someone says something and it gets picked up carried and amplified without merit.

I posted in another thread it would be highly unprofessional to say he has interest while Pags is still here.   So I am 100% convinced he has never said this.  

I am different than most people I guess,    When something like this is posted I look into it.   And I have found no where that he has said anything about who he wants of IF he wants a new HC.  Maybe I missed something.    Help me out if I have 

I thnk you make a goid post and ask fair questions....

And this is the best I can come up with...

I don't think the source of this rumor is a reporter from Indy.     I think the source are reports that came out of Kansas City.

Back around the time that Ballard was being hired, we all thought Pagano would be fired.    We were all curious who Ballard might pick.     I think Indy media asked KC media for any insight and the name that seemed to come up must often was Toub.    That Ballard was highly impressed with him.    That seemed to be the accepted wisdom from KC.    I don't see how Indy media would have any other way of knowing,  and I'm sure Ballard would not have leaked it to an Indy reporter.    Too soon to trust anyone you don't know.

So I think the answer is KC media.    That doesn't mean it will happen.    Ballard might find someone he likes more.   Or Irsay might over rule him for a bigger name coach.    But that won't mean that KC media was wrong.    Only that it might not happen.

15 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Yes, at MINIMUM.
It is pure INSANITY the Ravens ever hired Harbaugh. No way i would take him as our HC.   O.o

15 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I understand your sarcasm. :) 

On 12/18/2017 at 2:17 PM, SaturdayAllDay said:

FWIW. Strictly from a fan perspective I’d be fine with Toub, & as a skeptic I’m buying into the Colts/Ballard being interested, since it’s not nearly as “pipe-dreamy” as a Gruden or Harbaugh type.