Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle (+2.5) at Jacksonville (12-10-17)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST..  Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston and Laura Okman on CBS

Mid-70s and sunny in Jacksonville over-under at 40 in the Everbank Stadium in Jacksonville

Seatte star Russell Wilson (276 of 442, 3,256 yards, 26 Tds, 8 INts) is the most difficult QB to defend in the NFL but Jacksonville's 'Million Dollar Defense" has 43 QB sacks and 16 pass interceptions.

Jax DE Calais Campbell who got a superbuck contract last spring, has 12.5 QB sacks but he may be too old to get anywhere near Wilson who is the only QB n the NFL who leads his team in rushing with 432 yards on 71 carries..

Seattle has 33 QB sacks and Jacksonville 'survivor'; Blake Bortles (229 of 383, 2,553 yards, 14 Tds 8 INts) can be a difference-maker for both teams in any game.

Take away his 2 300-yards games against certain Indiana team and Bortles.....is just keeping the seat warm for Eli Manning.

Its 12 games into the season and I just don't buy Jacksonville.  They should win by 10 here but they wont..

I wouldn't go anywhere near picking this game either way. 

If Jacksonville had Wilson, they'd win the Super Bowl If Seattle had Bortles, they'd be the Broncos.

Stay away......The NBOJ rule.... 'Never bet on Jacksonville"  is in effect

You have one team pretty darn healthy and you have another decimated by key injuries. Seattle always plays hard but that is a lot to overcome this year. Not to mention traveling about as far away for a game as you can possibly travel. Jacksonville is definitely on rise but something tells me that game in Seattle would have been totally different. I will say though I would love to see Jacksonville get the Patriots just because they have the type of line that could possibly get after Brady a bit.

8 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Legion of boom 2.0  jags are gonna be a major thorn in colts side with tenn on the rise  a healthy Luck could be the best division in football next year . 

Of definently i figured this would happen soon. With all the QB getting drafted in the South. As it is we are sending two teams to the playoffs. And we are missing D Watson, and Andrew Luck... great

That end of game personifies what I despise about the Seattle D, they take their nastiness too far, pulling a bush league move during kneel down. They tried that stuff even in the SB and Bruce Irvin got ejected, remember? They cannot handle defeat with grace, I am glad Sherman at least shook Brady's hands.

Hate to admit it, it is shenanigans like that is EXACTLY why I was actually rooting for the Patriots against them in the 2014 SB. That was the hardest thing to do with my football fandom in my life.

That is what I thought: The Seahawks can't lose gracefully. Blake Bortles thinks it happened because the Jaguars had lost most of their games during his career, saying, "Teams are not used to losing to the Jaguars."  True, but no team's players have a right to put that frustration out in victory formation. A knelldown is supposed to be the safest play of all and quarterbacks do it for sporsmanship. If anyone on the losing team needs to get physical in that situation, they are losers of men.

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

He literally went for a guy's knees during the victory formation. That is worse than what the fan yelled at Jarran Reed (if he yelled it...doubt it). Yes I said it. 

Some fans threw trash and drinks at Quinton Jefferson, but I did not see or hear about anyone yelling at Jarran Reed.

Can someone explain why the NFL decided before reviewing the incident nobody will be suspended? Jefferson should definitely be suspended for reacting to fans throwing trash at him instead of heading directly to the locker room on top of whatever got him ejected. If Michaael Bennett is not fined an entire game check, the NFL is even further botching it.

1 hour ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Some fans threw trash and drinks at Quinton Jefferson, but I did not see or hear about anyone yelling at Jarran Reed.

Can someone explain why the NFL decided before reviewing the incident nobody will be suspended? Jefferson should definitely be suspended for reacting to fans throwing trash at him instead of heading directly to the locker room on top of whatever got him ejected. If Michaael Bennett is not fined an entire game check, the NFL is even further botching it.

I just saw a report quoting Ian Rapoport that there will be no suspensions, ridiculous imo.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Maybe Reed is who said that the fan said what they said to Jefferson. Bennett was already a certain former quarterback's biggest fan, so combine that with what the fan supposedly said, and I bet the league is scared to suspend him.

What former QB are you referring to?

I don't know where Jarran Reed comes into the picture. He was not penalized for yelling at a fan.