Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name One Professional Athlete Where The...........

King Colt

Name a pro athlete where the candidate for the annual MVP award is at least 40 years old. Add to that, is the game he/she plays one of the most physically punishing?

The correct response is Mr. Tom Brady.

This question will be repeated annually for the years to come and the answer will be the same.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Name a pro athlete where the candidate for the annual MVP award is at least 40 years old. Add to that, is the game he/she plays one of the most physically punishing?

The correct response is Mr. Tom Brady.

This question will be repeated annually for the years to come and the answer will be the same.

Brady has won MVP twice,   the last time wss 7 years ago.   So wrong again

49 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Brady is an exceptional quarterback; that's well-established.  What are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

My guess is that Brady is one of the most superior football athletes in U.S. history. He is doing something no other player (much less QB) ever dreamed of doing. People that don't want to recognize are plain stupid. Giving praise to players simply because they play on ones favorite team is pathetic. All fans wish Brady would have been on their team when he came on from Michigan. When Manning was playing so many on this forum swore he was better than Brady. I argued he was not I was right.

35 minutes ago, King Colt said:

My guess is that Brady is one of the most superior football athletes in U.S. history. He is doing something no other player (much less QB) ever dreamed of doing. People that don't want to recognize are plain stupid. Giving praise to players simply because they play on ones favorite team is pathetic. All fans wish Brady would have been on their team when he came on from Michigan. When Manning was playing so many on this forum swore he was better than Brady. I argued he was not I was right.

I am sorry to inform you that what you say is just your opinion and does not make it fact.

Even Brady himself he emulates Manning. Just because Brady played on better teams than Manning does not make him better.

I think you make these type of threads up just to cause controversy. You like to brew arguments.

41 minutes ago, King Colt said:

While Brady is more accomplished (nobody can argue that) than Peyton because he has won more SB Rings 5-2, that doesn't necessarily mean he's better. Peyton has him 5-2 in League MVP's, meaning the media has voted Peyton being the best player in the league 5 times to Brady's 2. You also have to factor in Brady has had Belichick his whole career, Peyton has had 5 different HeadCoaches and took 4 of them to SB's winning 2 with 2 different teams. I would love to see what Brady could do without Belichick and having to carry teams like Peyton had to most of his career. We will never see that unfortunately but I would bet Brady wouldn't have had near the wins he has had without BB. Perspective!

47 minutes ago, King Colt said:

People are entitled to their opinions.  I am one of those who believes Manning is better than Brady, but I (as well as many other Manning fans) can still appreciate Brady's talents and greatness.  It seems like you're just trying to stir up some trouble with this thread

49 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Do you have a busted spring?

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

While Brady is more accomplished (nobody can argue that) than Peyton because he has won more SB Rings 5-2, that doesn't necessarily mean he's better. Peyton has him 5-2 in League MVP's, meaning the media has voted Peyton being the best player in the league 5 times to Brady's 2. You also have to factor in Brady has had Belichick his whole career, Peyton has had 5 different HeadCoaches and took 4 of them to SB's winning 2 with 2 different teams. I would love to see what Brady could do without Belichick and having to carry teams like Peyton had to most of his career. We will never see that unfortunately but I would bet Brady wouldn't have had near the wins he has had without BB. Perspective!

Even Brady himself said he emulated Manning and designed his game after Manning. Manning changed the way QB was played. 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

A- Calling people stupid is an asinine action by you

B- Manning getting praise by his Colt fans right along with everyone who has knowledge of the NFL. Thus the MVPs.

C- Even Belichick himself he didn't have a clue let along other teams when he drafted Brady in the 6th round coming out of Michigan.

D- You ended your comment with the one thing that is the truth, You argued.

There are 2 ways of looking at who's the GOAT, if you go by Rings it's Tom or Joe. If you go by who can carry a team with less talent and less Coaching to wins it's Peyton. Peyton never had a BB or a Bill Walsh nor did he have the Defenses that the Pats had in 2003 and 2004 until he went to Denver. Hell, once Peyton got Denver's Defense he could play lousy FOR HIS STANDARDS and still win haha 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are 2 ways of looking at who's the GOAT, if you go by Rings it's Tom or Joe. If you go by who can carry a team with less talent and less Coaching to wins it's Peyton. Peyton never had a BB or a Bill Walsh nor did he have the Defenses that the Pats had in 2003 and 2004 until he went to Denver. Hell, once Peyton got Denver's Defense he could play lousy and still win haha 

Peyton never got his two rings by the other teams giving him them by making bonehead mistakes either.:spit:

30 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Favre would have been voted the MVP in 2009 had the Colts lost a single game imo. 

I agree, Favre was awesome that season with 33 TD's and 7 INTs. Minnesota should've been playing us in the SB. They beat themselves with 5 Turnovers, still only lost by 3 with 5 freakin Turnovers at NO! Peyton won MVP like you said because the Colts were 14-0 in games he played and finished in.

Yea i have to agree with a post above, Brady and Montana have the rings but they also had some of the best overall teams and coaches in NFL history to go along with them. Manning had below average coaching and defenses his whole career until Denver, and he still managed to get double digit wins every season and eventually a SB. Without Belicheck and the teams he builds around Brady he is nothing.

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yea i have to agree with a post above, Brady and Montana have the rings but they also had some of the best overall teams and coaches in NFL history to go along with them. Manning had below average coaching and defenses his whole career until Denver, and he still managed to get double digit wins every season and eventually a SB. Without Belicheck and the teams he builds around Brady he is nothing.

I am not too sure about Manning's coaches. He had 4 different coaches in four super bowls.

Manning major problems in Indy wasn't coaching, it was a lack of a defense and special teams play. I think Dungy and Caldwell proved themselves to be winners.

• Nadine locked this topic