Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Melvin

jameszeigler834

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I guess the word from Pagano this afternoon on Melvin and his injured hand its significant and will probably be out for a period of time.

Hopefully this means they will go to Wilson and see if he really is the future.

What does everybody else think about this?

:HFire:

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I guess the word from Pagano this afternoon on Melvin and his injured hand its significant and will probably be out for a period of time.

Hopefully this means they will go to Wilson and see if he really is the future.

What does everybody else think about this?

I think it's funny that everyone wants Pags to make players more accountable and when he does he's wrong.....  good for Pagano sticking to his guns on this kid.....  I think he is a head case and to stubborn to accept the fact that until he gets his % together he will be picking splinters out of his butt on the bench

that's what I think 

29 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I think it's funny that everyone wants Pags to make players more accountable and when he does he's wrong.....  good for Pagano sticking to his guns on this kid.....  I think he is a head case and to stubborn to accept the fact that until he gets his % together he will be picking splinters out of his butt on the bench

that's what I think 

And how do you determine this to be true that he is making Wilson more accountable? And how do you determine from such a small sampling that he is a head case?

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

And how do you determine this to be true that he is making Wilson more accountable? And how do you determine from such a small sampling that he is a head case?

Because they Pags and Monochino have said it.    He needs to learn some maturity (paraphrased)

7 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Because they Pags and Monochino have said it.    He needs to learn some maturity (paraphrased)

To me a person has to earn respect for his decisions and Pags and especially Monachino has not proven that they have earn that credibility. Monachino needs to learn how to stop a crossing pattern and then he may then be able to evaluate talent . He has no credibility or proven record of  evaluating talent as he has never been in a defensive coordinators position prior to last year. 

24 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

To me a person has to earn respect for his decisions and Pags and especially Monachino has not proven that they have earn that credibility. Monachino needs to learn how to stop a crossing pattern and then he may then be able to evaluate talent . He has no credibility or proven record of  evaluating talent as he has never been in a defensive coordinators position prior to last year. 

But he is the one in charge of Wilson so like,it or not if Wilson wants to play he better do what's asked of him. 

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

But he is the one in charge of Wilson so like,it or not if Wilson wants to play he better do what's asked of him. 

Well they have no choice this week since melvin will probably be out sometimes you gotta find if it's worth the headache to deal with it being that he has the talent to play corner. All that immature stuff ted and chuck talked about is minor. Deal with that during the offseason we need to know if he was worth being a 2nd round pick

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

that's what I think 

Well where head cases go I think you can say the same thing about Moncrief and Hilton.

11 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

So Wilson who had played well lacks maturity but our free agent DB can strut around after his man drops a pass and then get burned several times and he is deemed mature. makes sense. 

39 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

why though?  he will get his chance now, but i dont think its that important to get draft picks out there if the guys in front of him are better 

we all thought he'd get his chance once Vontae was released. but he has remained in the dog house

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

its me mocking the doomsdayers on this forum that freak out and run around with their hair on fire everytime one of our players gets hurts

I have no need to run around with my hair on fire I'm smart enough to know we are done this season anyway so it really don't matter who is out there or isn't out there.

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

why though?  he will get his chance now, but i dont think its that important to get draft picks out there if the guys in front of him are better 

Because it's better to know now what exactly his faults maybe in the pros we haven't seen him play plus I'm pretty sure a few corners will be getting dropped during the off season anyway

17 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Well they have no choice this week since melvin will probably be out sometimes you gotta find if it's worth the headache to deal with it being that he has the talent to play corner. All that immature stuff ted and chuck talked about is minor. Deal with that during the offseason we need to know if he was worth being a 2nd round pick

GEE, i believe there are scads of physically "talented" CB's available.

So IMO, they believe he lacks preparation, effort/understanding in the classroom and perhaps in the weight room.

As compared to his peers. Special teams issues? And how is he handling himself outside the complex?
 Handing stuff to kids when they are not earning it, naaaaaaaaa. That is screwing over the ones that ARE all-in

and would be a cancer to morale.

On 11/27/2017 at 6:29 PM, hoosierhawk said:

From ESPN.com on Tuesday, November 29th....     Mike Wells speaks one-on-one with Quincy Wilson and quotes both Pagano and especially Monachino.      Page does not speak too poorly of Wilson.   Chuck is a players coach.    But Monachino is more direct and blunt.    Basically they feel like Wilson can play,  but he's terrible in practice.    Clueless.   Doesn't know how to be a professional.   

Just click and read for yourself,  you don't have to take my word for it....

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/22232/second-round-pick-quincy-wilsons-inactivity-has-been-one-of-colts-biggest-mysteries

Here is the key Monachino quote from a month ago, late October:

"When Quincy practices and plays better than the other guys, he'll be up and he'll be playing," Monachino said on Oct. 26. "He played in the Arizona game and he played very well. We're not at all worried about putting Quincy in the game. But he has to practice and prepare well. That's part of him being young and also part of him being a little immature and it's all a function of he's got guys that are pretty good pros that are working their tails off to keep him where he's at now. Hopefully that's a motivator for him. When he practices better and prepares better, he'll play more."

5 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

What can he possibly be doing so wrong to have him inactive????? Something is not right

5 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

What can he possibly be doing so wrong to have him inactive????? Something is not right

He doesn't take take practice seriously. He doesn't practice hard.   It's not clear if he understands how important meetings are?   Does he do extra film study?   Is he in the conditioning program seriously?

Or does he just show up on Sundays and expect that his talent will carry him?

Monachino has basically said he doesn't know how to be a professional yet.    Having great physical talent is only half the battle.