Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Martellus Bennett back with Patriots after being released by Packers

buffalo34

lol you are the most pessimistic poster I've seen. He isn't going to do squat. He's purely a relief player because they desperately need help at receiver because Dwayne Allen has proven to be garbage.

Man, I remember when people were going crazy about that Albert Haynesworth and Tim Tebow signings. Yea, that sure worked out great for them! Then there was Reggie Wayne who didn't even last past preseason.

1 hour ago, buffalo34 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874455/article/patriots-claim-martellus-bennett-off-waiver-wire

Guy did nothing in Green Bay, I'm sure he'll be playing like Kellen Winslow and Tony Gonzalez combined after Belichick throws a hadouken at him and grants him mythological Patriots powers.

Yeah, like Dwayne Allen and Phillip Dorsett have done. Look how the Patriots helped them. lmao

2 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874455/article/patriots-claim-martellus-bennett-off-waiver-wire

Guy did nothing in Green Bay, I'm sure he'll be playing like Kellen Winslow and Tony Gonzalez combined after Belichick throws a hadouken at him and grants him mythological Patriots powers.

I am surprised Allen didn't turn into Shannon Sharpe haha 

allen has zero catches this year.  i didnt think he would do much, but im a little surprised its like that.  he could find him self out of the league next year.  or maybe grisgon picks him up in Cleveland 

i think the patriots could give dorsett another year

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

allen has zero catches this year.  i didnt think he would do much, but im a little surprised its like that.  he could find him self out of the league next year.  or maybe grisgon picks him up in Cleveland 

i think the patriots could give dorsett another year

I'm somewhat surprised by the way Dwayne Allen isn't utilized. BB doesn't mess around when you drop a pass from Tom Brady. He's probably permanently in the dog house. 

19 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

LOL.  Only you could say that :)

Bennett was just here last season, and had one of the best years of his career, so this isn't anything like bringing in a free agent or trading for a player who's never been in your system. This isn't like bringing in Haynesworth or Allen. It's more like the year they brought Blount back after the Steelers cut him - a guy with recent, proven experience in your system. 

There are major questions about his shoulder, though, as well as his motivation. He looked old and slow to me in GB this season when I was able to catch their games. He may have been playing out the year (he said he would possibly retire after 2017) just to earn a check. Remains to be seen, if he's back in NE, if the effort level and the passion will come back. 

Either way though, it's a safe move for NE. No guaranteed money after this year and all but something like $400K of his 2017 salary was paid by Green Bay. 

21 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Man, I remember when people were going crazy about that Albert Haynesworth and Tim Tebow signings. Yea, that sure worked out great for them! Then there was Reggie Wayne who didn't even last past preseason.

So many rings ago :headspin:

22 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

lol you are the most pessimistic poster I've seen. He isn't going to do squat. He's purely a relief player because they desperately need help at receiver because Dwayne Allen has proven to be garbage.

I agree. The Patriots and Belichick are stupid.

• 3 weeks later...