Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wayne, Mathis, and Garcon more likely to get new deal due to Manning

CjMcGirt23

I am curious what people think. Of the three, between Wayne, Mathis & Garcon, where do you think Polian's priorities will be? Personally, I think Garcon is the most important of that group to sign long term. His youth by comparison makes him more important to me.

I think you sign Wayne and Mathis for 3-4 year deals then draft a replacement for Garcon. The kid is fast and strong (good blocker) but he has mits for hands and not the kind you catch with.

He has had his shar of drops.. but he doesnt have bad hands.. i think its a concentration thing..

I'm not so sure we'll give Reggie a huge deal. He wants more than he's making now, and with the Marvin Harrison thing we went through a few years ago and with the development of Collie and Garçon, I dunno if we'll be prepared to give that...

i dont think collie and garcon would be who they are if it wasnt for reggie commanding so much attention

i dont think collie and garcon would be who they are if it wasnt for reggie commanding so much attention

They've proved that they can play, and the memories of WR's in the mid-30s with big contracts should still be fresh on our minds. That is, IMO, why we haven't given Reggie a new deal in the past couple years. We remember how things went the way of the dodo with Marvin Harrison, and I don't think we're going to give Reggie a big money contract when his talent and production WILL drop off in the midst of it.

They've proved that they can play, and the memories of WR's in the mid-30s with big contracts should still be fresh on our minds. That is, IMO, why we haven't given Reggie a new deal in the past couple years. We remember how things went the way of the dodo with Marvin Harrison, and I don't think we're going to give Reggie a big money contract when his talent and production WILL drop off in the midst of it.

but we only did that with marvin because we knew we already had someone to replace him as a number 1. garcon and collie are good wrs, but neither are number 1s.

but we only did that with marvin because we knew we already had someone to replace him as a number 1. garcon and collie are good wrs, but neither are number 1s.

I wouldn't go that far. After the 2009 season, Garçon proved he had what it took, but he needed some refinement. 2010 was a step back, but he was also dealing with some injuries that I think nagged him all season more than we really knew. I think, if he's able to stay healthy, he puts up stats worthy of a #1 this season.

I wouldn't go that far. After the 2009 season, Garçon proved he had what it took, but he needed some refinement. 2010 was a step back, but he was also dealing with some injuries that I think nagged him all season more than we really knew. I think, if he's able to stay healthy, he puts up stats worthy of a #1 this season.

garcon is good, but i dont see him as a number 1 i guess we'll see what the colts do

Doesnt matter what any of the fans think garcon is, only two ppl have been invited to private practice sessions with manning and that was marvin and wayne... since marvin is gone garcon was just invited last year so that tells you how much peyton trusts him over the others.

I am curious what people think. Of the three, between Wayne, Mathis & Garcon, where do you think Polian's priorities will be? Personally, I think Garcon is the most important of that group to sign long term. His youth by comparison makes him more important to me.

good point...its really hard to say because imo keeping a defensive player like mathis is key to actually changing a sub par defense into a championship calibur one. I know he is approaching his 30's, Hopefully bill keeps all 3 of them. But knowing Polian his first priority will be youth aka Garcon