Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Less You Hear From Manning, The Better

oldunclemark

The best thing this last week was not to hear from Peyton Manning in the newspaper

or on TV or on radio...

....In most negotiations...that means something is cooking...

..but the NFL Network and ESPN return to Indianapolis this week for the combine...

....so expect a new rash of 'insider' scoops...

I'd agree with this, I'm sick of him too.

But really no player negootiates anything, really, save for like who they have to stand naked next to on a day to day basis.

I think there's a lot beyond money.....

I would guess...

Irsay wants assurances that Manning is healthy and that he'll assist in the developement of Luck...(allowing the new kid reps in practice..things like that)

Manning isnt interested in his money so much (remember, he banked $26 mil last year) as he probably wants Saturday, Wayne and Garcon to return....so the offense can go back to the 28 ppg. days...

That's the juggling I'd guess they're doing...in the accounting office...

I wish both sides would stop talking to the media. I don't like how Irsay keeps saying stuff to the media and having the media twist his words and all that. Get together with Peyton and figure it out. Then report it to the media when it's all over. With that said, Irsay owns the team and can run it how he sees best fit.

I wish both sides would stop talking to the media. I don't like how Irsay keeps saying stuff to the media and having the media twist his words and all that. Get together with Peyton and figure it out. Then report it to the media when it's all over. With that said, Irsay owns the team and can run it how he sees best fit.

And think of all the haters who hated on Bill Polian...

Instead of hearing Irsay talking to the media and all of their speculation, we would hear them complain about how the colts don't release any information, and Polian would love it lol. I would love it too haha

And think of all the haters who hated on Bill Polian...

Instead of hearing Irsay talking to the media and all of their speculation, we would hear them complain about how the colts don't release any information, and Polian would love it lol. I would love it too haha

Good point..wreck... Dont think he's not getting a laugh out of this....

Haven't heard boo from Peyton. I'm surprised too, because I thought they'd release something after the article about the 4th surgery came out.

i agree. when owners start getting this involved in things, it's usually not a good thing for any sports team. they should sit back, sign and the checks, and let the football people that they hired make the football decisions.

To draw the conclusion that a "deal is near" is really grasping for straws IMO.

Let me add, that if a media source came and reported that "all quiet on the Manning front means the Colts and Manning have decided to part ways", people including you(Oldunclemark) would be throwing a conniption fit.

To draw the conclusion that a "deal is near" is really grasping for straws IMO.

Let me add, that if a media source came and reported that "all quiet on the Manning front means the Colts and Manning have decided to part ways", people including you(Oldunclemark) would be throwing a conniption fit.

Agree with you. The notion that all is quiet in Manning camp means that a deal is near is absolutely hysterical. This is a done deal. We are in the very last days of Manning on the Colts roster.

First and foremost, it's always about money and both sides will use the media to sway public opinion in their favor as much as they can. That makes it more often than not difficult to read between the lines to find a fragment of the truth. I suspect we , as Colts fans will be having alot thrown at us in the next few weeks. AS far as Peyton leaving or retiring with the respect of the franchise and dignity, this issue has already been decided by IRSAY, PEYTON and the MEDIA.

Agree with you. The notion that all is quiet in Manning camp means that a deal is near is absolutely hysterical. This is a done deal. We are in the very last days of Manning on the Colts roster.

Please dont bet anything of value on that.....Dr. 'J'

The only Done Deal this year was Adam Dunn signing with the White Sox

Deals are made when both parties take the talks out of the public eye...as I'm sure you know

If Irsay wished to cut ties with Manning it would have been done by now...

Please dont bet anything of value on that.....Dr. 'J'

The only Done Deal this year was Adam Dunn signing with the White Sox

Deals are made when both parties take the talks out of the public eye...as I'm sure you know

If Irsay wished to cut ties with Manning it would have been done by now...

If Manning was to be the Colts QB next year, can you rationally explain why neither Grigson or Pagano have yet to see him throw? That is the latest in a very long list of obvious things you have missed that should clue you in to Manning's fate in Indy.

If Manning was to be the Colts QB next year, can you rationally explain why neither Grigson or Pagano have yet to see him throw? That is the latest in a very long list of obvious things you have missed that should clue you in to Manning's fate in Indy.

Because they have both been extremely busy with all the other issues we have with this team? Manning isn't always throwing in Indy either so its hard for them to sync up schedules. Its not their choice anyway. Irsay has the call here as Grigson said.

This fact makes zero sense. It would be different if they were each hired Tuesday. The fact that they haven't seen him throw suggests that he hasn't worked out at the Colts facility in quite some time. Irsay made his choice.

Allow me to repeat the key sentences..

1. "Please dont bet anything of value on that" (I dont want you to end up as broke as TO)

2. "If Irsay wished to cut ties with Manning, it would have been done by now." (the Super Bowl was 3 weeks ago)

'The Less You Hear from Manning, The Better', cries the OP. Then we continue to shout about it. Sorry, I found that quite amusing. No disrespect meant btw. Sort of tickled me.

we talk about it but come on.....

....With all due respect....but we're not exactly ABC here....

We're 20 jamokes talking about a 2-14 team in February...

we talk about it but come on.....

....With all due respect....but we're not exactly ABC here....

We're 20 jamokes talking about a 2-14 team in February...

It was the irony Mark.......ignore me, I'm easily amused!

PS - Jamokes. Had to look that one up. Is that a well known American phrase? I'll bring it into the UK if it is!!

Because they have both been extremely busy with all the other issues we have with this team? Manning isn't always throwing in Indy either so its hard for them to sync up schedules. Its not their choice anyway. Irsay has the call here as Grigson said.

Keep telling yourself that.

Allow me to repeat the key sentences..

1. "Please dont bet anything of value on that" (I dont want you to end up as broke as TO)

2. "If Irsay wished to cut ties with Manning, it would have been done by now." (the Super Bowl was 3 weeks ago)

And you avoided my question. Please rationally explain (in other words not the normal stuff you try to throw against the wall) why the GM and Head Coach has yet to personally see Manning throwing.

I hope some of you get rich, become famous and get your own sunglasses line, so I can wear them to being to try to see the world through those lenses.

Purely amazing at how distorted some are.

You repeatedly ask us to read the signs...

Peyton's silence....Coach wants Saturday back...

Pretty clear signs...even for those of us with those bad glasses...you speak of

And you avoided my question. Please rationally explain (in other words not the normal stuff you try to throw against the wall) why the GM and Head Coach has yet to personally see Manning throwing.

I do not know..

But we have been told by Grigson that Irsay is making this decision...

Why is the fact that Grigson hasnt seen Manning throw relevant?

maybe they arent in the same place at the same time..

what does it say to you?

I do not know..

But we have been told by Grigson that Irsay is making this decision...

Why is the fact that Grigson hasnt seen Manning throw relevant?

maybe they arent in the same place at the same time..

what does it say to you?

Seriously Mark. Open your freaking eyes. You crack me up. You really need to ask me what it means?

If Maning was under any consideration to be the Colts 2012 QB, don't you find it reasonable to think that either Pagano & Grigson would have been at at least one of the his throwing sessions to see what they got in hm? I mean there is sticking your head in the sand and then there is what you are doing with this situation.

Seriously Mark. Open your freaking eyes. You crack me up. You really need to ask me what it means?

If Maning was under any consideration to be the Colts 2012 QB, don't you find it reasonable to think that either Pagano & Grigson would have been at at least one of the his throwing sessions to see what they got in hm? I mean there is sticking your head in the sand and then there is what you are doing with this situation.

Tough day 'J'

"J'

why are you so invested in being right here?

Why are you so invested in being wrong?

And BTW, I have said this repeatedbly - I have spent so much of our expendible cash on the Colts in the last decade in large part because of Manning. I have no joy in thinking of the team without him as we go into the next season. But all signs, each and every one of them point to him being gone. And for the right reasons. It would be better for you if you realized this before he is actually cut.

Just wondering why do people get so worked up about what the media is reporting?

We all live empty, meaningless lives and our only source of self-validation comes from pandering to rumors about the failures of men that are far more successful than we could ever hope to be.