Lucky Colts Fan

Which Colts Fan Are You?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Colts Fan Are You?

• I want the #1 pick in the 2018 draft
    • I want the #32 pick in the 2018 draft

10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Ahh I see it's another I'm a better fan than you topic that's cute 

Ahh I see it's another post of getting paranoid because of a simple question that demands an honest answer. Guys, I really think we should be cautious to not let the Pagano mentality to sneak under our skins. Imagine having discussions on this forum like his  pressers...

Having the #1 pick would be a blessing to the future of this organization, am I saying I want us to tank no way if our team gave it everything they had and we ended up having #1 pick I wouldn't be too upset I mean I didn't get a horseshoe tattooed on my arm 3 days ago to watch my team tank I just wanna see this team work hard play hard and we will see what the outcome is

57 minutes ago, Gyworks said:

Ahh I see it's another post of getting paranoid because of a simple question that demands an honest answer. Guys, I really think we should be cautious to not let the Pagano mentality to sneak under our skins. Imagine having discussions on this forum like his  pressers...

I know what he's trying to do he's trying to show he's a better fan cause he thinks it's awful for the colts to have a bad year when others think it could do us so good 

12 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Let's be realistic, you're not going to get the #32 pick this year, unless you trade multiple picks.

Last I checked, 32 teams were still in the playoff hunt.

Even if we do not win the Super Bowl then we could trade back to #32, which would not require multiple picks. 

In reality, there is nothing near the truth about your statement. 

9 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It depends. Are we trading for #32 or did we get awarded the #32 based on the outcome of the 2017 season?

If this is a poll to ask would we rather win the Super Bowl or not win, then it is a stupid poll.

:thanks:  Most intelligent post possible in this forum.

I was hoping someone would get it.  I wish I could give Gold Stars for posts.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Last I checked, 32 teams were still in the playoff hunt.

Even if we do not win the Super Bowl then we could trade back to #32, which would not require multiple picks. 

In reality, there is nothing near the truth about your statement. 

:thanks:  I stand corrected.  THIS is the most intelligent post possible in this forum.

TWO Gold Stars.

41 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I know what he's trying to do he's trying to show he's a better fan cause he thinks it's awful for the colts to have a bad year when others think it could do us so good 

36 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Let's be realistic, you're not going to get the #32 pick this year, unless you trade multiple picks.

Oh, ye of little faith...

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm just not stupid you don't lose to the rams that bad then win the super bowl your just a giant homer 

We lost to the Rams almost as bad a few years ago.  Yet we manage to beat good teams like the Broncos and Seahawks when we play them.  Both of whom we play later this year.

Pats seem to have a problem against the Chiefs, yet somehow find a way to win SBs.

Let's not throw the whole season out the window after one game, eh?

Just now, UKColt13 said:

I love to win a SB.

But I'd rather get #1 than #14/15 after another aggressively mediocre season. 

This is exactly what im talking about 14 and 15 is mediocrity sucks being stuck there cause you're not good enough to compete and you're not bad enough to get great players

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We lost to the Rams almost as bad a few years ago.  Yet we manage to beat good teams like the Broncos and Seahawks when we play them.  Both of whom we play later this year.

Pats seem to have a problem against the Chiefs, yet somehow find a way to win SBs.

Let's not throw the whole season out the window after one game, eh?

We struggle with far more bad teams then just the rams buddy hate to break the bad news to ya 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We struggle with far more bad teams then just the rams buddy hate to break the bad news to ya 

Oh, I know.  We will probably struggle against the bad teams this year, yet somehow pull off miracle upsets against the good teams.  We've been doing this for a while now.  As long as I can remember, actually.

Even in the Manning years, the Colts always "played up" to better opponents like the Pats, Steelers, and Ravens, but usually "played down" to lesser teams like the Lions, Jets, every AFC South team...

3 minutes ago, Smitto said:

Can't you only get 32nd if you've had one of the better seasons in the NFL? Outside of trading for it of course.. So yea every fan should want a 32nd pick. A whole lot of good it's done for teams like the Browns 

You get the 32nd pick if you've had the BEST season.

It might do good for the Browns if they were good enough to get the 32nd pick.  They always pick top-10.  Like the Jags.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You get the 32nd pick if you've had the BEST season.

It might do good for the Browns if they were good enough to get the 32nd pick.  They always pick top-10.  Like the Jags.

When I mentioned the Browns, I did so implying that although they have all their top 10 picks they are still poo

Just now, Smitto said:

When I mentioned the Browns, I did so implying that although they have all their top 10 picks they are still poo

:lol:  Agreed.

Excuse me, I had some spicy food earlier.  I need to go take the browns to the super bowl in my bathroom.  I had a lot of beer and cheese too, so it might go to overtime.

Ok, My rant for this year, (sorry it was on  your thread).:

First off, gimme the EARNED 32nd pick all day any day.  Even if it is a fluke.  They played hard and earned it.

Colts are NOT bad enough to get the first pick of the draft, not even top 10 pick. and everyone knows it. With luck, we are going to be minimum, middle of the pack.  That said, IF INDYdid go like 3-13 or so, and got the 1st round pick, so be it.  As long as It's obvious they were at least trying to win, not tanking for a #1 pick.

I've been a Colts fan since '84.  Football fan my entire life.  If i ever even thought MY team was tanking games on purpose to get a higher draft pick. I'd probably quit watching football all together.  Possibly be a browns fan, or better yet a Pats fan.  Atleast they cheat to win...lol

That said, no team ever tanks games.  Coaches and players play and coach for thier JOBS.  Loosing games or performing badly means loss of employment. Or at minimum, loss in your pay scale.  Would you go to your job, perform worse, So that your company will get you a peice of equipment or part or more help in general, at the risk of them saying "well your performance is down, we'll grant you what you're asking for, but you're getting your pay cut in half due to your performance."?   ......if you say yes,...................................................................................................................