Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Press Conference

TKnight24

I had a grade 3 groin sprain in college. Grade 3 meaning complete tear of the tendon from the bone. Didn't require surgery but it took a LONG time to heal. Pain went away after about 6 weeks but almost a full year before I could run without a noticeable limp. Then again, I didn't have round the clock medical attention either.

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yet.

Same thing with Ryan Kelly.They wanted to see if he would get better without surgery, and after a couple weeks he went ahead with a procedure. Hopefully Davis doesn't wind up needing surgery, but I don't think anyone has said or can say definitively that he won't need surgery. And that would be disastrous.

True. George Bremer didn't provide any quotes.

I hope if surgery was even a remote possibility he wouldn't have been told that there would be no surgery, but you're right. It could just be "no surgery on the table yet."

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

True. George Bremer didn't provide any quotes.

I hope if surgery was even a possibility he wouldn't have been told that there would be no surgery, because to my knowledge they never specifically said Kelly didn't need surgery, just that he should only be out a week or two. 

I'm pretty sure Pagano used the words "at this time" when talking about Vontae. So if they evaluate him again in 3-4 weeks and he decides to have surgery, that doesn't mean Pagano lied. No one has ruled out surgery, nor can they. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm pretty sure Pagano used the words "at this time" when talking about Vontae. So if they evaluate him again in 3-4 weeks and he decides to have surgery, that doesn't mean Pagano lied. No one has ruled out surgery, nor can they. 

Yup, just edited my post right before this because I finally got your meaning.

Most definitely just meant no surgery on the table yet.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Cut Davis, trade for Haden. We've gotten all that we're going to get out of Vontae, this is (I believe) 3 years in a row that he hasn't even made it out of training camp without some type of "week-to-week" inury that sidelines him for the first month of the regular season. It's a bummer, but he's become a liability at this point, and there are some better options available.

Yeah,  neither of those things are gonna happen

Vontae gone is pretty much worse case scenario after Luck. I honestly cannot understand while the FO did not get in another CB. Its Melvin, Hairston and Wislon now and so many question marks. Well we know Melvin isn't good but if the two rookies (3 if you want to include Green in some respects) don't find their feet and fast in this league were in big trouble. Or even just another injury. I think we may need to give Butler a few reps in the slot too.

Very disheartening.

59 minutes ago, will426 said:

No I'm not complaining that we're "stuck" lol I'm simply noting that he seems to always get nagging injuries almost EVERY season I've said it in many threads that I figured he'd get injured before he even has gotten hurt and what do you know..not happy about it but it does get a bit tiring 

Dude its football. Its hard to slam your body into people and not have an injury once in awhile. He is still our best defensive player. And he has only missed 9 games in 5 years. He is gonna miss a couple more. He is far from injury prone or a liability. Geez. 

NEXT MAN UP!

Come on down Quincy Wilson. You played RCB your entire career in college, and that is where you line up for the Indianapolis Colts on Opening Day. 

Hairston starts in the nickel. I believe that was happening with or without the Vontae injury.

And whoever is saying to just dump Vontae; please quit it. We are paying for him this year - no matter what. Even if he is only available to us for 1 game then it is worth keeping him. Having Vontae for 1 game is much better than having whoever the number 53 person is on the roster for 16 games.

The Colts brass will have to make a decision on who is likely to be back first between Vontae and Kelly. Whoever's injury is worse then IR him with a designation to return. The other will have to remain on the 53 man roster.