RockThatBlue

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes its BR so take it for what its worth. Highly doubt any thought he would play week one anyway.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729398-andrew-luck-reportedly-unlikely-to-play-in-season-opener-due-to-shoulder-injury

If the Colts can get Josh Freeman ready in 7 days they can get Luck ready in 13-14. I think they activate him after the Steelers game.

A bunch of injuries, team looks like crap, Chuck's last year = no sense of urgency from the organization.   If this were a Super Bowl ready team, Luck would likely be out there.  As is, he probably misses a month.  

3 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

How is Cam Newton having shoulder surgery and is throwing in preseason and here Andrew luck same surgery and not throwing. Andrew Luck is injury prone

2 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

But is he not injury prone though

Hi troll,

No. He's not

bye troll

Date League Injury Details
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Luck presumably took a hard hit from his head bouncing off the ground in Week 11 action.
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 3 Luck presumably took a hard hit from his head bouncing off the ground in Week 11 action.
Sep 1, 2016 NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear In the last week of the preseason, Luck had a "frayed labrum" but was ready to go for week 1 of the regular season.
Nov 2, 2015 NFL Abdomen Muscle Tear Grade 3 Luck suffered from a lacerated kidney plus multiple muscle pulls in his abdomen and was never medically cleared but returned to play after missing 7 games.
Sep 27, 2015 NFL Shoulder Cartilage Tear Luck sprained his shoulder in week 3 against the Titans. He missed the following week's game.

3 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Luck presumably took a hard hit from his head bouncing off the ground in Week 11 action.
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 3 Luck presumably took a hard hit from his head bouncing off the ground in Week 11 action.
Sep 1, 2016 NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear In the last week of the preseason, Luck had a "frayed labrum" but was ready to go for week 1 of the regular season.
Nov 2, 2015 NFL Abdomen Muscle Tear Grade 3 Luck suffered from a lacerated kidney plus multiple muscle pulls in his abdomen and was never medically cleared but returned to play after missing 7 games.
Sep 27, 2015 NFL Shoulder Cartilage Tear Luck sprained his shoulder in week 3 against the Titans. He missed the following week's game.

:scorebad::realitycheck:

Not that it matters, buy my gut instinct on this is that either something went wrong in the rehab or the severity (ie. it being closer to a Brees type of situation- bad news) was undersold and his potential to actually recover enough to do his job is in some kind of question. That there's no timeline indicates something, not "nothing".

I hope that's all wrong. The team has tried to say it is, but there's creeping doubt in my mind.

7 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

2 injuries and a concussion. Not injury prone

Injury prone doesn't mean soft (or hurt- nominally, though if he was a OLB, no one would flinch calling him injury prone based on time missed) Luck get's hurt way more than he should. Some of it is on him, some is on the protection (though the kidney and shoulder happened while he was running around- so much for the line getting him hurt..).

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not that it matters, buy my gut instinct on this is that either something went wrong in the rehab or the severity (ie. it being closer to a Brees type of situation- bad news) was undersold and his potential to actually recover enough to do his job is in some kind of question. That there's no timeline indicates something, not "nothing".

I hope that's all wrong. The team has tried to say it is, but there's creeping doubt in my mind.

He may miss some time, I would be a fool to say he wont but I think once he comes back he will be the old Andrew from the first 3 years we seen. Team is just being real careful right now IMO. Cant mess around with your franchise player.

I think we all saw this coming.

and really, even if he were somehow "ready" in the next few days or week, its probably the prudent move.

look, did anyone really think we were gonna make a run this year?

the team is finally getting built properly i think.  Andrew is the centerpiece of that.  As difficult as it is , we HAVE to give the issue more than enough time to heal.

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Luck get's hurt way more than he should.

That doesn't mean he's injury prone. He went his first three years without missing a game. Then he took a bad hit and hurt his shoulder, causing him to miss two games, but the injury lingered. Then he took another bad hit which cracked a rib and bruised an internal organ, causing him to miss seven games. Then he took another bad hit and suffered a concussion, causing him to miss one game. 

Now, he's had surgery to finally fix a nearly two year old injury, and he's still recovering. 

Notice the theme: took a bad hit. He gets hurt more than he should because he gets hit more than he should. He's NOT injury prone.

There are some players who pull a muscle and miss a couple games, strain a joint with no contact and miss games, seem to get hurt every time they get hit and miss a couple games... Luck has been absolutely battered for most of his career, for various reasons, but it's kind of a miracle that he didn't get hurt sooner. 

50 minutes ago, #12. said:

A bunch of injuries, team looks like crap, Chuck's last year = no sense of urgency from the organization.   If this were a Super Bowl ready team, Luck would likely be out there.  As is, he probably misses a month.  

Uh, if this were a SB ready team, Luck still wouldn't play. The Colts would have competent backups instead. If Luck is rushed out, it would only serve to worsen his injury. Stop blaming everything on Chuck.

He's not "injury prone" but he'll always be at risk as long as he gets hit as much as he does. Some of it's on him, some of it's not.

Me personally, I'll always be cringing when he gets hit, especially now that he has been so banged up to this point. His shoulder, ribs, kidney, and a concussion. 

There's a reason people on the outside looking in, other teams fanbases, just feel bad for him at this point. He's taken much more punishment than most QB's at this point in their careers.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yes its BR so take it for what its worth. Highly doubt any thought he would play week one anyway.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729398-andrew-luck-reportedly-unlikely-to-play-in-season-opener-due-to-shoulder-injury

Ill believe it when he shows up on the injury list as out for week 1 Bleacher report isn't always accurate.

50 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

How is Cam Newton having shoulder surgery and is throwing in preseason and here Andrew luck same surgery and not throwing. Andrew Luck is injury prone

Cam Newtons injury isn't as severe as lucks Newtons  shoulder injury was a partial tear in his rotator cuff lucks was a torn Labrum.

15 Phillip Dorsett  targeted 59 times rec 33 for 528 yard                                              
10 Donte Moncrie

targets 56 rec 30 for 307 yards

13 T.Y. Hilton  targeted                      155 Rec  91 Yard  1448                  

Gee i wonder who luck always going to throw it too