Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins Interested In Robert Mathis

chad72

Why would they want him... they play a 3-4 defense and Mathis is a 4-3 DE. They would have to teach him to play OLB, which is something I would assume a veteran would not really like to learn. It would be a ballsy move.

Either way, I personally think the Colts FT him.

Why would they want him... they play a 3-4 defense and Mathis is a 4-3 DE. They would have to teach him to play OLB, which is something I would assume a veteran would not really like to learn. It would be a ballsy move.

Because they are officially moving to a 4-3, that is the news flash - http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=767280-dolphins-moving-to-4-3-defense

I'm interested in Lauren London. Think I have a shot? :bounce:

Yes, yes you do!

Well, at least a better shot than I do.

Although, that could possibly be because I've never heard of her, nor know what she looks like.

That'll change soon, so you better hurry up. :)

Mathis out-performed his contract in Indy and has actually been a very good bang for the buck. He's gonna cost this time around if we want him. Franchising him then working out a deal much in the way Manning was handled may not be a bad option. The team is going to have to spend on some guys....maybe Mathis will be one of them.

either way he would be playing in a 3-4 defense. colts are goin to move to a 3-4 defense with this new HC.

either way he would be playing in a 3-4 defense. colts are goin to move to a 3-4 defense with this new HC.

We will most likely play a hybrid kind, according to Pagano. So, chances are, he will try to utilize as many 4-3 D draftees and players as possible for his hybrid kind of D.