Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex and Rob Ryan involved in bar scuffle.

ReMeDy

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

lol

Exactly 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Throw Gronk in there too haha

Now that I would do... he is likely one guy you want on your side in a bar fight so make friends up front and go party.

5 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Exactly 

Now that I would do... he is likely one guy you want on your side in a bar fight so make friends up front and go party.

I went to school in New England and my old roommate was waiting in line for the bathroom at a bar and out walks Gronk, he freaked out and later on convinced two girls to flash Gronk in his section, he got a big laugh, then tried to join his entourage/limo later that night, didn't work.

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I went to school in New England and my old roommate was waiting in line for the bathroom at a bar and out walks Gronk, he freaked out and later on convinced two girls to flash Gronk in his section later on, he got a big laugh, then tried to join his entourage/limo later that night, didn't work.

Kind of cool though whether it worked or not.... Gronk seems like a down to earth dude. 

So you went to college or HS in NE?  Ive always wanted to visit the area.

Edited by BR-549
synonym spelling, lol

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Never mind.. eyes are blurry tonight, been at my computer all day.  I see now you clearly said ROOMMATE which usually doesn't mean HS.  

Carry on!!!

Yea, from CT but on the NY border, went to college deeper in Patriot territory. Tough being a Colts fan there. If you ever get a chance Boston is fun to walk around in, and Newport RI is beautiful in the summer.

20 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Yea, from CT but on the NY border, went to college deeper in Patriot territory. Tough being a Colts fan there. If you ever get a chance Boston is fun to walk around in, and Newport RI is beautiful in the summer.

I bet.

My wife really really wants to go to Boston.  Perhaps we will work it in this summer.  I will look into the Newport suggestion too, its close enough to incorporate into a nice trip for us.  

I am more into the west.... Colorado, Wyoming etc... but, gotta keep the wife happy too. 

38 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I bet.

My wife really really wants to go to Boston.  Perhaps we will work it in this summer.  I will look into the Newport suggestion too, its close enough to incorporate into a nice trip for us.  

I am more into the west.... Colorado, Wyoming etc... but, gotta keep the wife happy too. 

Absolutely, it's like an hour and a half maybe, not that bad. We've been out west once (grand canyon, zion, bryce), but are going to San Fran and Hawaii on our honeymoon in September so really looking forward to that. 

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Kind of cool though whether it worked or not.... Gronk seems like a down to earth dude. 

So you went to college or HS in NE?  Ive always wanted to visit the area.

Beware, that area is said to be crawling with Pats fans. Get inoculated before you go.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Absolutely, it's like an hour and a half maybe, not that bad. We've been out west once (grand canyon, zion, bryce), but are going to San Fran and Hawaii on our honeymoon in September so really looking forward to that. 

My parents went to Hawaii and loved it.... have a good time... oh, that is a given  : )

18 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/rex-rob-ryan-involved-nashville-bar-fight-course-115922193.html

Some are calling it a fight, but it's not quite that bad. Interesting bit though of Rob Ryan grabbing a guy by the throat. Regardless though, I don't know if the tandem are going to ever get hired again after this.

And people wanted him here at one point...

20 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Some are calling it a fight,

I wouldn't.  Rex is sitting in his booth at the beginning of the video, so it seems like they were being harassed by some "bros" while trying to enjoy their food and drink.  I didn't see any swinging fists, so it just looks like Rob trying to subdue the main bro when he pins him by the neck.

JMO.

I would seriously set my DVR to record if these two losers made a reality TV show together...They could sit around and talk about their "glory days" and how their dad was such a genius. Rex and Rob have always loved the camera, so I don't get why they haven't done that yet. 

On 6/7/2017 at 1:48 AM, southwest1 said:

Considering that Buddy Ryan was known to throw a bunch or 2 back in his NFL days, Rob & Rex are just carrying on the family tradition right? This doesn't surprise me at all. 

Buddy Ryan is an odd subject....

Chicago never won another Super Bowl after he left. Proving without a reasonable doubt, Ditka was never all that great as a head coach. Massively overrated....As good as the 1985 Bears were, they should've become a dynasty and Mike Singletary seems to know that when he talks about the disappointments after '85. Looking back, 1985 is just the season where all the chips fell in their favor, it never happened again in Ditka's coaching career. 

Buddy Ryan created a very toxic culture in Philly with his whole trash talkin' tough guy persona. Stuff like the "body bag game" vs Washington and the "Bounty Bowl" game vs Dallas would make him the most hated coach in the NFL if it happened today. His toxic culture in Philly still is alive and well.

Eagles fans have created a weird little mythology around him being the best coach they ever had. You never hear Dick Vermill's name brought up who got them to a Super Bowl, or the other guy whom they hate with a passion who also got them to the SB and just so happens to be the most winning coach in their franchise history. If the Eagles were to get a new stadium and it be named after a coach, it would probably be named after Buddy Ryan even though he never won a single playoff game with them. That's how bad the mythology is over him there. 

Ryan never won a playoff game in Philly and that's a shame, cause some of those defenses he put together were historical and could've probably won a SB somehow. They also had a great quarterback in Randall Cunningham, so it wasn't like they didn't have a good QB. Despite all Ryan's problems, he also was really good at drafting. He put together some amazing defenses and great drafts that still held up after he was fired when the Eagles defense was amazing again in 1992. Funny, they actually did win a playoff game after he was fired...

On 6/7/2017 at 0:55 AM, Synthetic said:

More....

http://deadspin.com/report-rex-ryan-flirted-with-bachelorette-party-by-com-1795837296

as a Deadspin commentator put it, the bachelorette party immediately goes 6-10. lmao

Well, in light of recent developments... gosh I should be a politician...

Maybe Rex/Rob were asking to get a few fists thrown their way.  It appears the guy in the green shirt was in the photo-op with those ladies, and seemed excited/surprised about it.  And then in the "fight" video, he seems to be holding Rob back before the choke-hold attempt.  I'd be interested to see what he has to say about the whole situation, he seems to be the missing link.

On 6/7/2017 at 2:48 AM, southwest1 said:

Considering that Buddy Ryan was known to throw a bunch or 2 back in his NFL days, Rob & Rex are just carrying on the family tradition right? This doesn't surprise me at all. 

32 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irbGIDdSLVI

Buddy would reach out & touch some one , Rex & Rob  Ryan IMO are Circus Clowns in search of a tiny vehicle .

At first, I thought Rex/Rob were the victims in this incident.  But it seems maybe there is a family history of "asking for it".  If they were harassing some ladies before the cameras started recording, well that is a very different story...

:dunno: