Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peterson & Brady Combo

Adrian Peterson has not so subtly let the Patriots know that they can have him for cheap. Anyone else a bit anxious at the prospect of Adrian Peterson and Tom Brady playing together? I know Peterson isn't quite the same as he was a few years ago, but with Tom Brady and Belichick I think he would be rampant... I mean, look at what they did with a player like Blount. 

Can anyone think of a QB/RB pairing that might be more potent? Roethlisberger and Bell come to mind, but no one has had success like the Pats over the last decade and they know how to make a FA marriage work, even if it is only for 1 year.

In a way I would also like to see AP finally be on a successful team that he doesnt have to carry all by himself..... Just a shame that it might be with the Patriots.

26 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Not Scared.

A qb that dinks & dunks and a old washed up rb.

They will still need to cheat.

I've gotten over it.  Brady is the GOAT, Bellichick is the GOAT.  The Patriots have the best franchise in all of professional sports.  It all happened in the past, I can live with it.

It's 2017 now.  They have the same record as us going into this season.  Anything can happen.  Let's look ahead, not behind us.

45 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I've gotten over it.  Brady is the GOAT, Bellichick is the GOAT.  The Patriots have the best franchise in all of professional sports.  It all happened in the past, I can live with it.

It's 2017 now.  They have the same record as us going into this season.  Anything can happen.  Let's look ahead, not behind us.

I came to the same conclusion after the Atlanta collapse.  We move forward with what appears a new team.  Finding new leaders is going to be a supreme challenge for our Colts.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Not Scared.

A qb that dinks & dunks and a old washed up rb.

They will still need to cheat.

exactly

4 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Adrian Peterson has not so subtly let the Patriots know that they can have him for cheap. Anyone else a bit anxious at the prospect of Adrian Peterson and Tom Brady playing together? I know Peterson isn't quite the same as he was a few years ago, but with Tom Brady and Belichick I think he would be rampant... I mean, look at what they did with a player like Blount. 

Can anyone think of a QB/RB pairing that might be more potent? Roethlisberger and Bell come to mind, but no one has had success like the Pats over the last decade and they know how to make a FA marriage work, even if it is only for 1 year.

In a way I would also like to see AP finally be on a successful team that he doesnt have to carry all by himself..... Just a shame that it might be with the Patriots.

AP wants a ring bad apparently

I don't see the fit. AP would have to take less money and accept that there may be games where he gets a half dozen carries even if he's healthy. The next week he might get 30. I'm not sure he can deal with that type of role or not. 

Maybe, I don't know. Stranger things have happened. But I like Blount and would rather see them bring him back on a one-year deal again. 

I'm not concerned right now because, as a Colts fan, although I think we could potentially reclaim the division again, I don't think they will be legit Superbowl contenders for a few more seasons.  By then, Peterson and Brady will likely be hanging them up anyway.

3 hours ago, MTC said:

Haven't watched that much of the Vikings this past season, but when they played against the Colts, AP looked washed. 

Yeah, he was stuffed all game long.  Looked like a shadow of himself, but it was his first game back.  

He hurt them them more than helped, that's for sure.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now