Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Could Consider these Top 7 ‘Under the Radar’ Free Agents

14 hours ago, Buddy Lee said:

Kevin Minter is an ILB with good pass coverage ability. That is what I want from any new ILB. I don't want the second coming of DQJ or Morrison.

I can't say I've watched Minter but if his strong suit at LB'er is coverage, pay the man and put a horseshoe on his helmet. I also like the thought of the RT guy signed reasonably as an option to either win the spot or push Clark and/or back up option. Of course the price has to be right because you can't just spend on the offense, at some point, you have to have 1st year contract guys step up 

3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Micah Hyde would be a better option than Butler at safety if that is the current plan 

Hyde could be thought of as longer term plan but the fact that he is labeled as a versatile guy and not special at anything makes me Leary of paying much for that. Butler knows and fits in our system and if looking long term, neither of these two should be it. We need a Butler stop gap into the long term plan with a better option than either of these two really. Accepting an average guy at the position shouldn't be the position we take if we go for an outside FA player. Unless Butler is looking for more money than his last contract, I'd take Butler for 2-3 more years kind of contract over gambling on Hyde transitioning better as a Colt. Draft your star or assume Green will grow into it. 

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Hyde could be thought of as longer term plan but the fact that he is labeled as a versatile guy and not special at anything makes me Leary of paying much for that. Butler knows and fits in our system and if looking long term, neither of these two should be it. We need a Butler stop gap into the long term plan with a better option than either of these two really. Accepting an average guy at the position shouldn't be the position we take if we go for an outside FA player. Unless Butler is looking for more money than his last contract, I'd take Butler for 2-3 more years kind of contract over gambling on Hyde transitioning better as a Colt. Draft your star or assume Green will grow into it. 

I think the Colts can bring Butler back pretty cheap. He was solid at S last year; I'm fine moving him more into that roll and letting Adams walk.