Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't STOP looking Jim....

bluephantom87

Just now, CR91 said:

reports say he turned down four teams one being the rams I believe. There is nothing appealing about coaching the rams

More reports.     He has been offered jobs ever since he was fired from tampa if you believe all the reports.   Why doesn't he take any of them?  Only he knows.  

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2017 at 1:27 PM, jvan1973 said:

More reports.     He has been offered jobs ever since he was fired from tampa if you believe all the reports.   Why doesn't he take any of them?  Only he knows.  

hard to pass up his cushy ESPN job, but coaching luck im sure would have dragged out of the broadcasting booth

On 1/15/2017 at 1:29 PM, jvan1973 said:

Apparently not.  But saying grigson was the sticking point is a reach of epic proportions.

10 mil a year and full roster control is not asking for much. if the breaking point was grigs then that says a lot about working with him

24 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Bob Kravitz is speculating about Mike Shanahan.  But it does makes make me wonder because Bob's speculation on JMVs show is what started the Manning discussion, which ended up being correct.  

I caught that. I wondered if Kravitz was just throwing stuff out there or if a source told him something and his tweet was a hint. Mike Shanahan recently came out and said teams should hire his son as HC instead of himself. I got the impression that Mike would be interested in a front office role with a team with Kyle has HC.

I am sure Irsay offered Gruden the whole show (HC and GM) but he said many times he is done coaching so I am not surprised he declined the offer but its a shame leaked this out. Makes me wonder who leaked this and how did the leak it. Gruden is a free agent so the NFL does not have to be informed of this process until he signs. The leaking of this information has hurt the team and one has to wonder what it was leaked

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

10 mil a year and full roster control is not asking for much. if the breaking point was grigs then that says a lot about working with him

10 million a year and total roster control is a whole lot to ask unless the coach is belichik

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

I am sure Irsay offered Gruden the whole show (HC and GM) but he said many times he is done coaching so I am not surprised he declined the offer but its a shame leaked this out. Makes me wonder who leaked this and how did the leak it. Gruden is a free agent so the NFL does not have to be informed of this process until he signs. The leaking of this information has hurt the team and one has to wonder what it was leaked

I'm sure he didn't.   I'm sure they talked. But again there is the Rooney Rule.  He can't offer anyone anything until that rule is satisfied.    And maybe why neither side is admitting anything 

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

How is that a reach? Seems like a very plausible scenario that Gruden wouldn't want to work with Grigson..

How do you know what grudens feelings of grigson are?  Maybe they are pals.  Maybe they are arch enemies.   Who knows

On 1/15/2017 at 1:33 PM, jvan1973 said:

10 million a year and total roster control is a whole lot to ask unless the coach is belichik

I love this quote from bill parcells, "if they want you to cook dinner, they should atleast let you help pick the groceries".

On 1/15/2017 at 1:38 PM, jvan1973 said:

How many head coaches have full roster control?

if I had to guess, pete carroll, BB, maybe mike mccarthy sean payton, arians and mike tomlin. Im sure elway gave kubaick some say. I think the idea behind full roster control is so theres no rift like there was between grigs and pags. I honestly think not having a control or atleast a say on the roster is basically coaching with your hands tied behind your back.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think there are a lot of fans who want that to be true because they desperately want Grigs gone.

if Irsay wanted to make a change he wouldn't have much problem finding someone who would want to coach Andrew Luck and TY Hilton during the prime of their careers.  

Coaches vet jobs, they have agents, they do research.  GM's as well.  Last year, a wholesale change could have started a rebuild in a promising direction.  Instead he choose to keep both and sign long-term deals.  He knew there was in-fighting but he wanted to be the mediator, make it rain to quell the bad vibes between the two, be the hero sitting there in the presser with them on either side of him, and do this in front of the media and cameras (awkward at best). He didn't want a full rebuild, he thought he had all the ingredients, just two guys who didn't see eye-to-eye. Had he really deeply looked into matters without personal feelings of his involved, he would have changed it all up. Now he's back with the same two, with a very questionable roster and not a great deal of light at the end of the tunnel as things trend downward by all accounts.  Coaches/GMs know that there is history here, so who in there right mind, as a coach, would want to deal with Grigson after hearing how things have unfolded internally over the last several years? ... we're going to find out and unfortunately we might already know,  the answer is nobody.  The Colts now, have even a more awkward situation on their hands, but Irsay will do the presser again, and state his beliefs, and in his mind, all of this will go away.  This is just my opinion and I know it has faults because I am certainly taking certain reports as true and assuming certain events happened.  If all of these reports are true, this is Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein on the Good Ship Lollipop

. Image result

1 hour ago, bluephantom87 said:

Give him a little credit they brought back and re-signed Lee Hightower who Chuck loves as a db so we can continue to build the that MONSTER!! I guess since he couldn't make it the first time and beat anybody out on a BAD defense they decided to give him another shot. Hell the Redskins let him go off the practice squad but these are who the Colts are now.... :facepalm:

Imagine if it were colts vs patriots last night what the score would have been. Houstons D did really well all considering.

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

if I had to guess, pete carroll, BB, maybe mike mccarthy sean payton, arians and mike tomlin. Im sure elway gave kubaick some say. I think the idea behind full roster control is so theres no rift like there was between grigs and pags. I honestly think not having a control or atleast a say on the roster is basically coaching with your hands tied behind your back.

Pete, and belichik are the only two.  Chip Kelly had it in philly.

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Four more years!

download.jpg

Grigson: Hey Chuck, what's a defense?

Pagano: Beats me...

Grigson: Does it need wide receivers?

53 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I doubt Pagano wanted to draft Dorsett over Collins.  

I really don't think Grigson has even listened to Pagano on the draft.

Some say TJ Green was more of a Pagano selection than Grigson

On 1/15/2017 at 1:51 PM, jvan1973 said:

Pete, and belichik are the only two.  Chip Kelly had it in philly.

perhaps complete control is uncommon, but I doubt its only those two that make roster decisions. with grigs track record with roster moves, I doubt gruden wanted to put his fate in his hands

5 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Imagine if it were colts vs patriots last night what the score would have been. Houstons D did really well all considering.

72-10 Pats...Colts tried 3 fake punts, a fake field goal and 6 onside kicks, but nothing worked..Challenged 2 plays on spots of the ball to gain an extra yard to have 3rd and 5 instead of 3rd and 6 and failed and lost timeouts...Chuck broke the record for handclaps in a game...We showed a lot of grit and heart and never gave up, we fought till the end..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Wrong Lewis has say in personnel..Technically Belichik isn't G.M Casserio is..Similar situation as Lewis..

I'm sure every head coach has a say.   But Mike Brown has the final say on the roster in Cincinnati.   Belichik has final say in New England

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Grigson: Hey Chuck, what's a defense?

Pagano: Beats me...

Grigson: Does it need wide receivers?

Some say TJ Green was more of a Pagano selection than Grigson

How I think we got tj green:

Chuck: Our D is horrible, we gotta invest in it

Grigs: So I havee to get a defender?

Chuck: Yeah maybe a DB since you whiffed on Landon

Grigs: Damnnn look at that 40 time! Woooo look at that speed. We got our horseshoe guy right here