Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Irvin's Statement

BProland85

I don't usually get riled up by talking heads, but Irvin's comment infuriated me. Who does he think he is calling "the Horseshoe" garbage? That is a total disrespect to the franchise, all players who have ever donned the blue & white, the cities of Baltimore and Indianapolis, and the legions of Colts fans throughout the nation.

The horse shoe has been worn by greats such as Johnny Unitas, Raymond Berry, Lenny Moore, Bubba Smith, and Bert Jones prior to the team's relocation to Indianapolis. Even in Indy, guys such as Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, and Marvin Harrison wore it before Peyton ever did.

Peyton has done a lot for this franchise and for the city of Indianapolis. And he did it wearing a friggin blue horse shoe on his helmet. Peyton is a part of "the Horse Shoe" and has greatly enhanced its luster and shine but he is not the end all and be all of it.

Michael Irving meant that comment as a total disrespect to the very core of the Colts nation. Consider that he was one of the Cowboys who was upset when Terrell Owens ran out to mid-field in Cowboy stadium and desecrated "the Star" a few years back. He and the rest of the Cowboys felt the need to defend the honor of "the Star" back then. It was dissed and he was upset about it. Having experienced this, Irving clearly knew what he was doing by verbally disparaging our logo the way that he did.

Let them all talk and pour salt over our wounds. The "Horse Shoe" will persevere.

The more I watch Irvin, the more I'm conviced he knows very little. He very rarely (if ever) says anything of merit or anything that makes sense. His method of getting his point across is yelling, not talking rationally. It's always better to keep your mouth closed and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. Guess Irvin didn't get the memo on that one

I like how Irvin calls the Colts garbage, but the Cowboys and their owner has been the biggest pile of stinkin garbage for almost a decade and a half.

you are right. it's funny the cowboys are the exact opposite of the colts. they have talent. their problem is character, and that starts with jerry jones. not saying he is a bad man, but he comes across as shifty. the kind of person who know know he's lying when you see his lips move

the colts have character, but lack talent. see bill polian & robert irsay

I wouldn't worry about what that ex drug addict says, he still acts like he's messed up half the times anyways.

ex?

Oh God, lets hope our number 1 can finish in the Fourth Quarter. This just shows how grand the magnitude of Peyton's ability is. I think the statement is with Peyton next year we are contenders. With a rookie it'll take us a couple years to be successful again. That's what is expected with young players.

Yes, please...no chokers wanted here. I am not thrilled about the idea of getting the "lebron of the NFL"....I'd prefer he becomes like a Kobe...just WIN ( and OMG do I despise Kobe)

Yes, please...no chokers wanted here. I am not thrilled about the idea of getting the "lebron of the NFL"....I'd prefer he becomes like a Kobe...just WIN ( and OMG do I despise Kobe)

It's funny how people let one bad playoff series undo eight years of great play. LeBron has hit tons of big shots and won tons of big games, carrying garbage teams to the conference Finals and even the Finals. Had a terrible Finals last year, but he's got eight years of success behind him already.

Your worried about what 2 of the stupidest human beings on the face of the planet have to say??? Who cares what either one of these clowns think. If they both combined their IQ's it would equal......6.

Michal Irving just called me, he wanted to know why you wrote an upside down 9

Don't care. I still think Lebron is one of the most mentally soft big star athletes I have ever seen. The league might do what they can to give him a ring though soon. We know the NBA.......

Okay. So all the big shots and big playoff games he's had, even last season in the playoffs, don't count. Got it. I'll pretend they didn't happen so that everyone can go on claiming that he's mentally soft.

It's like how people spent eight years saying "Peyton Manning can't win the big one." It's an intellectually lazy argument that's been reduced to a soundbite because it gives people something to talk about.

Irvin does know a lot about garbage though. He sees it every time he sits in Jerry Jones' suite. I haven't seen an ex Cowgirl yet that is articulate and unbiased as an announcer. TV is full of Cowgirl homers and they are mad at the world because the Cowboys aren't a top tier team.

Okay. So all the big shots and big playoff games he's had, even last season in the playoffs, don't count. Got it. I'll pretend they didn't happen so that everyone can go on claiming that he's mentally soft.

It's like how people spent eight years saying "Peyton Manning can't win the big one." It's an intellectually lazy argument that's been reduced to a soundbite because it gives people something to talk about.

When you crown yourself the King you better deliver. And when it is the final minutes of the finals win or go home…you should have the ball every time. He didn’t.