Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 opponents [Merge]

CR91

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, #12. said:

This team has lost 3 in a row to Houston.  They narrowly escaped a 3rd straight loss to Jacksonville.  They went 1-6 against playoff teams.  Yet, we're checking off easy wins on our 2017 schedule?  What do you think people are saying when they see us on the schedule?

Good post 

If we've learned one thing from this regime it's that they're inconcistent.

There are no easy wins or scheduled losses for this team. They usually play to their opponents level, if only for the 1st half before laying an egg or the 2nd half after spotting them a double digit lead.

2 hours ago, #12. said:

This team has lost 3 in a row to Houston.  They narrowly escaped a 3rd straight loss to Jacksonville.  They went 1-6 against playoff teams.  Yet, we're checking off easy wins on our 2017 schedule?  What do you think people are saying when they see us on the schedule?

Exactly that's why I said if the gameplan remains the same....I'm not talking about talent or who we draft

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Typical homer speak we won so everything is fine. Forget the fact that we let the bears backup QB have a career day. Who cares as long as we win.

Sorry for not being the perfect person, a realist. Whatever makes you think i'm fine with 8-8, pray tell. But because we are average' right now, it doesn't make me mope around like a 10 year old kid who does not get their own way. Each to their own of course.

21 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

What's the point of the game?

Of course the win is the most important thing.    I think he was referring to the game as a whole.   We would not win many games if we allowed that many yards.  

Kind of like the Jags game this weekend.   Should we be thrilled with how the Colts played?  When we need a last minute drive to pull out a victory against a 3-12 team, how happy should we be with the overall performance?  

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

Of course the win is the most important thing.    I think he was referring to the game as a whole.   We would not win many games if we allowed that many yards.  

Kind of like the Jags game this weekend.   Should we be thrilled with how the Colts played?  When we need a last minute drive to pull out a victory against a 3-12 team, how happy should we be with the overall performance?  

At least someone is smart enough to grasp this. Thank you Myles

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

At least someone is smart enough to grasp this. Thank you Myles

Are there things to improve?  Most definitely.  Should wins be dismissed because a team had a lot of yards?  No, that's stupid.  Should a win against a division opponent be dismissed because it took an awesome drive at the end of the game to win?  No, that would be stupid because division games are tough and records don't really matter.

But the end of the day yards don't matter, TOs don't matter, who played doesn't matter, all that matters is the win.  I know you are smart enough to know that Myles.  I'm not sure about others.

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Are there things to improve?  Most definitely.  Should wins be dismissed because a team had a lot of yards?  No, that's stupid.  Should a win against a division opponent be dismissed because it took an awesome drive at the end of the game to win?  No, that would be stupid because division games are tough and records don't really matter.

But the end of the day yards don't matter, TOs don't matter, who played doesn't matter, all that matters is the win.  I know you are smart enough to know that Myles.  I'm not sure about others.

I totally disagree.    The Colts had a bad defense all year and they went 8-8.   Should we celebrate those 8 wins?   A performance like we had against the Bears or Jags (twice) should not lead fans to believe the team is better than they are.   Effort/coaching like the Bears and Jags games will lead to 8-8 at best.    You go ahead and be happy about it.   I'll be disappointed.  

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

I totally disagree.    The Colts had a bad defense all year and they went 8-8.   Should we celebrate those 8 wins?   A performance like we had against the Bears or Jags (twice) should not lead fans to believe the team is better than they are.   Effort/coaching like the Bears and Jags games will lead to 8-8 at best.    You go ahead and be happy about it.   I'll be disappointed.  

I'm happy anytime the Colts win.  Does not mean I don't want them to improve or see the areas needed to improve but if they win, it's a good day.

And who said anything about people thinking the team is better than they are?  A win is a win.  The team won 8 games this season.  I was happy with each of those wins because that is the point of the game... winning.

Like Dungy was so find of saying... a team is never as good as they seem when they win and they are never as bad as they seem when they lose.

7 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm happy anytime the Colts win.  Does not mean I don't want them to improve or see the areas needed to improve but if they win, it's a good day.

And who said anything about people thinking the team is better than they are?  A win is a win.  The team won 8 games this season.  I was happy with each of those wins because that is the point of the game... winning.

Like Dungy was so find of saying... a team is never as good as they seem when they win and they are never as bad as they seem when they lose.

I guess we view it differently.    While I'm relived we beat the Bears, I am very disappointed we let Hoyer throw for 33/43 for 397 yards and let Howard rush for 118 yards on only 16 attempts.   Even when winning a game like that, it tells me that we are in for trouble.  Happy with the win is one thing.   Happy with the performance is another.   We all know that those yards allowed will not lead to many wins.  

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

I guess we view it differently.    While I'm relived we beat the Bears, I am very disappointed we let Hoyer throw for 33/43 for 397 yards and let Howard rush for 118 yards on only 16 attempts.   Even when winning a game like that, it tells me that we are in for trouble.  Happy with the win is one thing.   Happy with the performance is another.   We all know that those yards allowed will not lead to many wins.  

The Hoyer thing is what gets me no way I can get excited when my team and coaching is allowing career backups to have amazing games.

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

How many did we alllow v the Vikings? Jets? Or are we only highlighting our poor games, which there were plenty of? And stop thinking everyone is happy with our overall performances this year. Some of us are just comfortable with appreciating some of the better days. It sure is a darn sight more fun than crying every single day.....

Some folks need to start drying their eyes......

14 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

How many did we alllow v the Vikings? Jets? Or are we only highlighting our poor games, which there were plenty of?

10 of 16 games we allowed 250+ yards passing.  

11 of 16 games we allowed 100+ yards rushing.  

9 of 16 games we allowed over 375 yards on offense.

These are not numbers that will win 10-12 games per season.   So yes, it is OK to be disappointed in a win.    It's also OK to be happy with that same win.     

Hopefully, our first 2 games are vs Pittsburgh and Seattle. We are always terrible in our first two games of the season under this coach, so might as well have the games be against teams we have little chance to beat at any time of the year. Better than going 0-2 vs average teams and still having Pitt and Sea later on.

On 12/29/2016 at 11:42 AM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Well I am not very confident heading into next year especially if Pagano and Grigson stay but if they can get some more defensive players, mainly pass rushers, I think they will be better. That's a big if.  I think they could go 4-2 against the south, 2-2 against the AFC North and 3-1 against the NFC West and they could beat the Bills and Broncos.  If they get the Dolphins and Chiefs or Raiders I think they go 1-1.  So if they finish 3rd I think they could get 11 wins with improvements.  If they finish 2nd I think they can get 10.  I really hope they turn things around and don't miss out on the playoffs 3 years in a row. 

Honestly I say we go 5-1 against the south next year. I don't see us losing to Houston, but rather, Tennessee once. Our offense will be even more improved and our defense should be as it can only get better. And it should be healthier. 

5 hours ago, coltsva said:

Hopefully, our first 2 games are vs Pittsburgh and Seattle. We are always terrible in our first two games of the season under this coach, so might as well have the games be against teams we have little chance to beat at any time of the year. Better than going 0-2 vs average teams and still having Pitt and Sea later on.

That is true. But we also have has tough teams the last two years to start out of the gate. I'd rather start with the 49ers or Cleveland to start the season above .500 for once. 

5 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

That is true. But we also have has tough teams the last two years to start out of the gate. I'd rather start with the 49ers or Cleveland to start the season above .500 for once. 

That would give us the best chance, but I am not at all confident we'll be prepared out of the gate for even the weakest of teams. 

7 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Honestly I say we go 5-1 against the south next year. I don't see us losing to Houston, but rather, Tennessee once. Our offense will be even more improved and our defense should be as it can only get better. And it should be healthier. 

I would guess 3-3 in the division.   I think Houston will be improved at QB and Watt will be back.     Tenn. is trending up and may sweep us.   I really don't know about the Jags, but we went 1-1 against them this year.   Unfortunately I can see us going 1-5 in the division before 5-1.   Too many holes on the Colts team and almost no depth at any position.

8 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

It depends.  If the Colts improve their roster, I agree.  If they do not it could be another rough year.  I agree though, Tennessee is going to be a tough out. 

We have to expect that Houston, Tenn. and the Jags will also improve their rosters.   I just think that the Colts have too many holes and not enough draft picks to fill them.   That's just on the surface.   Go into depth at most positions and it is almost scary.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I would guess 3-3 in the division.   I think Houston will be improved at QB and Watt will be back.     Tenn. is trending up and may sweep us.   I really don't know about the Jags, but we went 1-1 against them this year.   Unfortunately I can see us going 1-5 in the division before 5-1.   Too many holes on the Colts team and almost no depth at any position.

You're vastly underrating the Colts if you think we could go 1-5. That would give us around 7-9, 8-8 record nex year which would seem unlikely as we are bound to improve next year. Our rookie offensive line will develop and our defense has to get better. We can't get anymore injured than we were this season either. I don't know about Pagano coaching us very far in the playoffs, but I am confident in Luck leading this team. 

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

You're vastly underrating the Colts if you think we could go 1-5. That would give us around 7-9, 8-8 record nex year which would seem unlikely as we are bound to improve next year. Our rookie offensive line will develop and our defense has to get better. We can't get anymore injured than we were this season either. I don't know about Pagano coaching us very far in the playoffs, but I am confident in Luck leading this team. 

I think you are vastly overrating this Colts team.   While there are hopes of improvement, the other divisional teams have the same hopes.   Most likely we will fall somewhere in between our 2 predictions and go 3-3.