Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about the Cubs.

My husband is already in a panic due to the Yankees. I mentioned a month or two ago how he has been a Red Sox fan his whole life. 

I guess this rivalry brings up a lot of bad memories and yes bar fights in Boston/NYC.

32 minutes ago, Jules said:

Sorry about the Cubs.

My husband is already in a panic due to the Yankees. I mentioned a month or two ago how he has been a Red Sox fan his whole life. 

I guess this rivalry brings up a lot of bad memories and yes bar fights in Boston/NYC.

The Yankees/RedSox series is going to be a great one. Yeah my Cubs will have to regroup but we at least got our Ring in 2016. 

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You've been drinking? You're slurring your words and repeating yourself. :P

Who are you rooting for again??

Wow.   I was on a tablet, and it didn't show that my post saved.   So I clicked the submit button a few times and gave up.   Looks like I botched that.  

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yankees are rolling, they don't even need the ChapPack tonight but he's in. How intriguing is a Yankees/RedSox matchup coming up? 2 teams that hate each other, 2 fanbases that hate each other. It doesn't get better than that!

Don't forget - 2 teams that I hate.    I really have no interest in it.  

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Don't forget - 2 teams that I hate.    I really have no interest in it.  

I am not a fan of either as well. The matchup however should be a great one! The only team I truly love is the Cubs, I have been a fan of them since 1984. They are out of it now so I just want to see great baseball matchup's, this is one of them.

Red Sox should be facing Cleveland. Not sure it's fair to play the wild card winner when they have more wins than a divisional winner....but at least NY had to burn their best pitcher. I was rooting for the A's....only team in modern baseball to have the lowest payroll in the majors and make the playoffs. Also I love watching Kris Davis....what a stud!

The BrewCrew luck continues. Man I have never seen a team luckier than these guys in a year. If you didn't watch the game just see the highlights. A Foul ball by Colorado that was Foul by a Centimeter which would've scored 2 Runs and then on the BrewCrew last at bat, a foul tip that should've been caught for an Out but wasn't then moosecowskis wins it in the 10th. Like I said they are the king of the walkoff wins.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The BrewCrew luck continues. Man I have never seen a team luckier than these guys in a year. If you didn't watch the game just see the highlights. A Foul ball by Colorado that was Foul by a Centimeter which would've scored 2 Runs and then on the BrewCrew last at bat, a foul tip that should've been caught for an Out but wasn't then moosecowskis wins it in the 10th. Like I said they are the king of the walkoff wins.

Sometimes things are meant to be , and no matter how much we don't want them to they still happen.

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not a fan of either as well. The matchup however should be a great one! The only team I truly love is the Cubs, I have been a fan of them since 1984. They are out of it now so I just want to see great baseball matchup's, this is one of them.

I'm not much of an AL fan.   In a slower game like baseball, I enjoy the strategy of the pitcher batting.

Most times I will root against the team with the highest payroll in the league.   This year it is the Red Sox by allot.    I bet most of us could put together a playoff team if we got to spend 60% more than the league average.  

image.png.ab0f0a35b82e5c23df8099b0d6931e44.png

Looking back at this decades Champions, the Giants are getting closer to being the team of the decade. They have won 3 World Series this decade! Cubs have a great chance ending up being the best single season team by going 103-58 and winning the World Series in 2016. Only team that has a better record this season to what the Cubs had in 2016 is the Red Sox at 108-54. Astros went 103-59 and the Yankees went 100-62 this season. A look at the World Series Champions over the last decade:

2010 - Giants (1) 92-70

2011 - Cardinals (1) 90-72

2012 - Giants (2) 94-68

2013 - Red Sox (1) 97-65

2014 - Giants (3) 88-74

2015 - Royals (1) 95-67

2016 - Cubs (1) 103-58

2017 - Astros (1) 101-61

2018 - ?

2019 - ?

-As much hype as the Yankees always get, they surprisingly haven't won a World Series all decade.

-Astros are up big on the Indians today 4-0 so far in the 5th Inning. Corey Kluber isn't cutting the mustard. Verlander looks unreal! Indians haven't won a World Series since 1948, that is the longest drought of any team in Baseball. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn that sucks, my condolences. 

They were on the way out of town to a Softball Tourney when they rear ended by a girl going 95 in a 40 zone( she also had a BAC of .272 and had other substances in her system)

btw

I believe she was also a former student of mine

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

They were on the way out of town to a Softball Tourney when they rear ended by a girl going 95 in a 40 zone( she also had a BAC of .272 and had other substances in her system)

btw

.272 is ridiculously high. I dont even see how anyone could walk with it that high. Man that is terrible. I drink at times but never drink and drive. 

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Teared up today when I passed the memorial for the two Princetonians who died last month who were my former students and kids of classmates and saw the W Flag 

Sorry about that, PT. How awful! They must have been really young.

My condolences. May they rest in peace. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

.272 is ridiculously high. I dont even see how anyone could walk with it that high. Man that is terrible. I drink at times but never drink and drive. 

Yes Brother that's comatose alc poisoning level .

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

btw

I am sorry to hear this as well , my condolences . Its always harder to take when its this close to home. So young 

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

So sad. I'm glad I have no children. I would be worried about them all the time. 

You never stop no matter how old they are.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes Brother that's comatose alc poisoning level .

That's what I was thinking. I know .08 is the legal limit which is probably 3 to 4 (12 Oz)  Light Beers, so I was thinking something like .16 would be 7 to 8 Light Beers (double the legal limit) and have even the person the drinks alot would be buzzed. .272 sound like a 12 pack + 2 or 3 hard liqour Whiskey shots IMO = BAD. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's what I was thinking. I know .08 is the legal limit which is probably 3 to 4 (12 Oz)  Light Beers, so I was thinking something like .16 would be 7 to 8 Light Beers (double the legal limit) and have even the person the drinks alot would be buzzed. .272 sound like a 12 pack + 2 or 3 hard liqour Whiskey shots IMO = BAD. 

If you drink one 12 ounce or two within a half hour walk out and drive , you may not be drunk but your over the legal. You get in the .12 range you are drunk .20 you shouldn't be functioning period. Any over your risking death by alc poisoning.

Archived