Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs win Cubs win! Chew on that Brewers fans! 3 games left now and the Cubs lead the NL Central by 1 full game. Brewers have a Triple A team at home in the Tigers and we play a Good Cards team at home. IMO the pressure is back on the BrewCrew now though because the Tigers suck and have nothing to lose. We can even lose 1 and Brewers could sweep the Tigers and that would still only result in a 1 game playoff to determine the Division winner. If the 1 game playoff happens, it would be at Wrigley because the Cubs won the season series vs the BrewCrew.

-Fly the Flag Hozer, we aren't messing around now! Go Cubs Go! 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win Cubs win! Chew on that Brewers fans! 3 games left now and the Cubs lead the NL Central by 1 full game. Brewers have a Triple A team at home in the Tigers and we play a Good Cards team at home. IMO the pressure is back on the BrewCrew now though because the Tigers suck and have nothing to lose. We can even lose 1 and Brewers could sweep the Tigers and that would still only result in a 1 game playoff to determine the Division winner. If the 1 game playoff happens, it would be at Wrigley because the Cubs won the season series vs the BrewCrew.

-Fly the Flag Hozer, we aren't messing around now! Go Cubs Go! 

Boom Babay!!!!!!!!!!

6CA6C64A-328D-4B5C-987D-E7E4340F11D5.jpeg

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need at least 2 out of 3 wins to be safe. It will be tough to sweep the Cards but 2 out of 3 will get us a Playoff game vs the Brewers to determine the Division winner even if the Brewers sweep the Tigers. 

It’s going to be a battle, those Cards are no slouches and they’re battling for that wildcard spot, Cubs better bring their bats!!!! Really wish they could have had a more comfortable cushion at this point, but it is what it is!!!

GoCubsCo!!!!!

LOL, with Heyward out there he isn't going anywhere at 3rd! LOL, Baez just made an error, that never happens :funny:

-Fly the Flag Hozer, magic number now down to 2 to clinch the Division. This was a gigantic win. Cole Hamels pitches tomorrow, he wasn't good in his last outing so I am sure he will be focused tomorrow.  :applause:

As of now:

Cubs 94-66 - 2 games left

Brewers 92-67 (1.5 back) - 3 games left

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:03 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are down 4-0 in the 3rd, Brewers are up 7-3 on the Cards in the 5th. The only good news is if these scores hold up, the Cubs magic number is down to 1 to clinch a Playoff spot. A Cubs win or 1 more Cards loss after tonight and the Cubs at worse will be a Wildcard. Games are both still early but the Cubs are in a funk all of the sudden. If these scores hold up, the Cubs will still be in 1st place in the NL Central but by only .5 over the Brewers. The Rockies may get in as a Wildcard? They are up 3-1 over Philly tonight. If the Cards do lose tonight and the Rockies win they would move into the final Wildcard spot.

My Cards wont make the playoffs , that's ok the future looks bright for them. Have not really had the opportunity to watch them go down . Kind of was in the back of my mind with all the rookie pitchers stretching out the season longer than they are use to.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

My Cards wont make the playoffs , that's ok the future looks bright for them. Have not really had the opportunity to watch them go down . Kind of was in the back of my mind with all the rookie pitchers stretching out the season longer than they are use to.

I was hoping they would make a Wildcard so both the Cubs and Cards would get in. With the Cubs playing them now, I need the Cubs to win these games because of the Brewers on our butt. If these were meaningless games for the Cubs I would be ok with the Cards winning and getting in. I was shocked the Brewers swept the Cards in St Louis, that was the disappointing part. I can't stand the Brewers or their fans. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was hoping they would make a Wildcard so both the Cubs and Cards would get in. With the Cubs playing them now, I need the Cubs to win these games because of the Brewers on our butt. If these were meaningless games for the Cubs I would be ok with the Cards winning and getting in. I was shocked the Brewers swept the Cards in St Louis, that was the disappointing part. I can't stand the Brewers or their fans. 

I still would not want to let them in. In past when teams have a chance to close a team out from playoffs and they lay down let them in, that team seems to lose in the playoff games against them

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Sorry to hear that, Jay. Glad that you look at the bright side -- the future looks good with lots of young prospects.

You and I will enjoy the playoffs without our teams in it. Have a good weekend.

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I still would not want to let them in. In past when teams have a chance to close a team out from playoffs and they lay down let them in, that team seems to lose in the playoff games against them

Don't get me wrong, being a Cubs fan I have dislike for the Cards but my hate for them isn't like most Cubs fans have. I hate the Brewers right now, it's just their corny fanbase. They think the Brewers are so great and yet they have never even won a WS. Their fanbase doesn't respect the Cubs at all and what we have accomplished the last 4 seasons, so screw them - Go Tigers! I have respect for the Cards because they have won World Series' in the past and are usually Good every year.

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Out of respect for my brother Jay, I won’t gloat after this win, just do the usual celebration. The Cards are a great team and I actually look forward to playing them, usually a very competitive series!

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg

Typically Cubs fans hate the Cards, Cards fans hate the Cubs. Difference with me is I do respect the Cards unlike the Brewers. Brewers to me are the Clippers = 0 Championships and they pour champagne to celebrate just making the Playoffs lmao . That type of stuff is for winning the Division, NL Pennant, and WS.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't get me wrong, being a Cubs fan I have dislike for the Cards but my hate for them isn't like most Cubs fans have. I hate the Brewers right now, it's just their corny fanbase. They think the Brewers are so great and yet they have never even won a WS. Their fanbase doesn't respect the Cubs at all and what we have accomplished the last 4 seasons, so screw them - Go Tigers! I have respect for the Cards because they have won World Series' in the past and are usually Good every year.

Yes not to mention the Cards and their fanbase  respect the Cubs and their fanbase .

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have respect for them, but that was not my point. It is just the likely hood of you have the chance to knock a team out you take it. If you dont well theres always that chance that you will lose to them. That is where my worry comes in and why I want to knock them out before they can crush our hopes in playoffs

I see the Brewers got lucky again, Braun with a game winning HR helped by the Tigers outfielder bouncing off his glove. They are the kings in winning 1 Run games. They are a Good team but I don't believe they will have this much good fortune next season. They lead the league in walkoff wins and IMO their record is a bit inflated because of it. Pressure is back on the Cubs today.

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Base hits work wonders. It’s was raining cans of corn at Wrigley today. Cards still in the hunt.

This one hurt here, Hamels only gave up 3 Hits and 2 Runs. We just couldn't score. If the Brewers win tonight we will have a tie in the Division heading into tomorrow. I am hoping the Tigers win but I am not counting on it. We still control what can happen as long as we win tomorrow. I really didn't think we would sweep the Cards. I was thinking 2 out of 3. 

The Brewers have had the Baseball Gods on their side all season and I am not even joking. They have a lot of walkoff wins and alot of wins by 1 run. I have to look it up but it wouldn't surprise me if they have set a record for 1 run wins combined with walkoff wins in a season in MLB history. Yeah to their credit it's clutch but it's also extremely lucky to win the way they have this season. Normally those 1 run games even out. Cubs have a +113 differential in runs scored to opponent, Brewers 81 to give people an idea. That isn't even close. Tomorrow will be interesting.

-Worse case scenario we play in the Wildcard game and Jon Lester will Pitch at Wrigley on Tuesday so it is what it is. If anyone is wondering, Kershaw is Pitching today for LA, so if we happen to play them on Tuesday in a Wildcard situation he will not start and won't even be that fresh. That would only give him 2 days rest. 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, HOZER said:

Out of respect for my brother Jay, I won’t gloat after this win, just do the usual celebration. The Cards are a great team and I actually look forward to playing them, usually a very competitive series!

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg

Lol its ok to gloat a little if its in a good natured way

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see the Brewers got lucky again, Braun with a game winning HR helped by the Tigers outfielder bouncing off his glove. They are the kings in winning 1 Run games. They are a Good team but I don't believe they will have this much good fortune next season. They lead the league in walkoff wins and IMO their record is a bit inflated because of it. Pressure is back on the Cubs today.

They have lucked into at least 10 wins this year that for all intense purpose they should've lost. You can thank Mike Matheny for I think 3 I remember. Give the Cards those three and they are in. Yes I do blame him for them not being in. But its all good.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Brewers have had the Baseball Gods on their side all season and I am not even joking. They have a lot of walkoff wins and alot of wins by 1 run. I have to look it up but it wouldn't surprise me if they have set a record for 1 run wins combined with walkoff wins in a season in MLB history. Yeah to their credit it's clutch but it's also extremely lucky to win the way they have this season. Normally those 1 run games even out. Cubs have a +113 differential in runs scored to opponent, Brewers 81 to give people an idea. That isn't even close. Tomorrow will be interesting.

-Worse case scenario we play in the Wildcard game and Jon Lester will Pitch at Wrigley on Tuesday so it is what it is. If anyone is wondering, Kershaw is Pitching today for LA, so if we happen to play them on Tuesday in a Wildcard situation he will not start and won't even be that fresh. That would only give him 2 days rest. 

Well im actually hoping Flaherty doesn't have his best control tomorrow , he is almost unhittable when hes on and I want you guys to win the division you deserve it.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well im actually hoping Flaherty doesn't have his best control tomorrow , he is almost unhittable when hes on and I want you guys to win the division you deserve it.

(Screwers) Brewers won again tonight by 1 run again 6-5 over the Tigers. Tigers came a foot away from a 3 run homer in the 7th Inning but (Smellich) Yelich was there to make a great catch, he also homered twice. Might as well give the Brewers the division because when it comes to luck them boys aren't human. I give up!

-When you have the Baseball Gods on your side it is what it is. I see it! Cubs had the Baseball Gods with them in 2016 vs the Indians in the WS so I shouldn't complain. Cubs at least made the Playoffs for the 4th straight season so we will see what happens in the Postseason.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

(Screwers) Brewers won again tonight by 1 run again 6-5 over the Tigers. Tigers came a foot away from a 3 run homer in the 7th Inning but (Smellich) Yelich was there to make a great catch, he also homered twice. Might as well give the Brewers the division because when it comes to luck them boys aren't human. I give up!

-When you have the Baseball Gods on your side it is what it is. I see it! Cubs had the Baseball Gods with them in 2016 vs the Indians in the WS so I shouldn't complain. Cubs at least made the Playoffs for the 4th straight season so we will see what happens in the Postseason.

Yelich just wrapped up the mvp tonight too. I do not want to play the Dodgers...I want to play at home after the Brewers or Dodgers burn their ace. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yelich just wrapped up the mvp tonight too. I do not want to play the Dodgers...I want to play at home after the Brewers or Dodgers burn their ace. 

This isn't looking good. Brewers have earned what they have by being clutch I hate to say it. Maybe tomorrow will go our way but the Baseball Gods or whatever people want to call it has been with the Brewers lately. I have no idea how this will end but right now the Cubs have their work cut out for them. Brewers are the new kid in town, Dodgers are hungry as heck for a WS win, Rockies and Braves are well balanced. 

I never thought it would come to this (down to the final game) but maybe I have become as complacent as a fan as the Cubs have become because of all the winning that has been going on for the last 4 seasons. Cubs have won 60% of their games over the last 4 seasons and a WS Championship. I kind of took the Division Championship for granted once the Cards started off badly this season. I knew the Brewers were Good but they have played out of their rear end. Now we have a problem.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never thought it would come to this (down to the final game) but maybe I have become as complacent as a fan as the Cubs have become because of all the winning that has been going on for the last 4 seasons. Cubs have won 60% of their games over the last 4 seasons and a WS Championship. I kind of took the Division Championship for granted once the Cards started off badly this season. I knew the Brewers were Good but they have played out of their rear end. Now we have a problem.

Yes they are good but they are also lucky

Archived