Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I guess 9 Rangers hit 17 or more HR's last season which is good. I really don't know much about him. I was surprised to hear we hired someone so quickly. 

Didn't the Cubs hit a lot of HRs? It seems that towards the end of the season the Cubs did not hit in the clutch. But looking at it from an outsider, it seemed like the Cubs had no problem hitting HRs.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Didn't the Cubs hit a lot of HRs? It seems that towards the end of the season the Cubs did not hit in the clutch. But looking at it from an outsider, it seemed like the Cubs had no problem hitting HRs.

No, the Cubs were 22nd in the league out of of 30 teams hitting HR's. They only had 167. The Yankees led the league with 267 hitting 100 more by comparison. The Brewers hit 218.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No, the Cubs were 22nd in the league out of of 30 teams hitting HR's. They only had 167. The Yankees led the league with 267 hitting 100 more by comparison. The Brewers hit 218.

From afar it seemed like they hit lots. How many did the Mets hit?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rangers hit 194  HR's.

That is more than the Cubs and Mets, but that is expected given that the Rangers used designated hitters instead of pitchers to hit in nearly every game. AL teams should hit more HRs than NL teams.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

:rock:

Yeah I can't wait to see them get eliminated, their fanbase deserves it. Some People think the Cubs fanbase is bad, some of the Posts I have read throughout the year by the Brewers fanbase are the worst. Their fanbase doesn't respect other teams at all. They trash the Cubs and the Cubs had went to 3 straight NLCS's and won a World Series recently. They were trashing the Dodgers when they took a 2-1 lead. Can't wait to watch these clowns fail. Their hero Yelich has been an absolute flop in the NLCS too. Makes me want to sign up with ESPN again just to rub it in their faces the fact they have ZERO to show for their good season and numerous lucky wins. Cubs have that Ring baby! 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jules congrats on the Red Sox winning the AL Pennant. They beat a great team in the Astros. This Red Sox team looks every bit as great as the Cubs looked in 2016. It's their WS to lose IMO with HFA.

Thanks. This has been pretty exciting. My other half is just on cloud nine and thinks I am bringing good luck since we got married in May. lmao 

Honestly kinda amazing too, never thought I would be a baseball fan but this was fascinating. Sox lost game 1 and then ripped off FOUR in a row vs. a great Astros team including even Price getting a win. 

I said after the Yankees series I got the tingles. And after game 4.......can't tell me this isn't a sign it's your year.

Just amazing.

But really this Red Sox team had it all season. IMO they deserve it.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Thanks. This has been pretty exciting. My other half is just on cloud nine and thinks I am bringing good luck since we got married in May. lmao 

Honestly kinda amazing too, never thought I would be a baseball fan but this was fascinating. Sox lost game 1 and then ripped off FOUR in a row vs. a great Astros team including even Price getting a win. 

I said after the Yankees series I got the tingles. And after game 4.......can't tell me this isn't a sign it's your year.

Just amazing.

But really this Red Sox team had it all season. IMO they deserve it.

Yeah eventhough Football and Basketball are more entertaining to watch, there is nothing like Playoff Baseball. The Cubs aren't even in it and I still watch and keep up with it. The Regular Season is just too long for the casual fan but once the Playoffs start the intense drama begins.

Yeah the BrewCrew's dream season came crumbling to an end last night. What a shame. Lets look at how the Cards, Cubs, and Brewers have done this whole decade (from 2010-2018):

Cards = 2 WS Appearances (2011)/(2013), 1 Championship (2011)

Cubs = 1 WS Appearance (2016), 1 Championship (2016)

Brewers = 0 WS Appearances, 0 Championships

-I guess the Brewers can hang their Division Championship banner up for 2018 :funny:. They have that going for them. 

-On to the World Series, I will watch it now. I have a weird feeling that the Dodgers are going to upset the Red Sox. Sox won 108 games and it looks deceivingly like the Sox should win this in 5 or 6 after beating the Astros 4-1. Because of how the Dodgers lost last season in 7 to the Astros, the Dodgers look like a real hungry team though. The Dodgers have been on the cusp of winning it all for a while and Kershaw knows his time is running out to get a Ring. The Dodgers organization haven't won a WS since 1988, Sox just won one in 2013.

-My pick, Dodgers in 7.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

:rock::banana::yahoo::applause::billiejean:Bye bye Brewers! 

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split Ya Brewers uhhhh bye-bye !!!!

ROFL :lol: You guys are haters. :thmup:

Go Dodgers!!! (Sorry Red Sox fans haha)

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

ROFL :lol: You guys are haters. :thmup:

Go Dodgers!!! (Sorry Red Sox fans haha)

That is right! Screw the Brewers and their fans and the horse they just rode out on. Their fanbase feels the same about us so its my turn now to have some fun with it :banana:. You know the saying, 'if you ain't got that Ring it don't mean a thang'. We got ours in 2016, Brewers have 0 in their franchise history.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We got ours in 2016, Brewers have 0 in their franchise history.

Lololrotflmao.  I should not make fun of them. The Vikes, despite their history of 4 SBs and the great Purple People Eaters, have never won a ring. :(

56 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I lost all respect for them when they started doing this crap.....

5723618F-BC8E-49EF-AF03-E46338ED73D3.jpeg

That and most of their fanbase talks crap about the Cubs, calling them scrubs, etc.. Let me see Team A: makes the NLCS 3 straight years and wins a WS over the last 5 years. Team B: makes 1 NLCS and chokes away Game 7 at home over the last 5 years. Team B talking smack has some fans with a low IQ :spit:

-The World Series starts tonight! Featuring the 108-54 Boston Red Sox vs the 92-71 LA Dodgers. The 1st 2 games will be played at Boston, the middle 3 games at LA, and the last 2 games at Boston if necessary.

-Some fun facts about the World Series:

*The Boston Red Sox trying to become the team with the best single season record of this decade (2010-2018) to win a WS at 108-54. The 2016 Chicago Cubs currently have that at 103-58.

*The LA Dodgers trying to win their 1st WS since the 1988 Season.

*The Boston Red Sox last won the WS in the 2013 Season.

Archived