Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards got their Ring in 2011, Cubs got one in 2016 thank God, the Dodgers look like they may not get one in this decade. Still hard to believe the Giants have 3 this decade. 

That's Baseball there must be some luck mixed in.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol I'm ready for winter meetings

Me too, really ever since the Cubs got eliminated I haven't been into it as much. I still have watched it because I love Baseball but the way the Cubs went out was really disappointing. I will be curious to see what the Cubs do as far as moves this offseason. At least the Brewers lost and didn't make the WS, that made my whole Playoffs :thmup:

I mean talk about having the Baseball Gods on your side, that was the Brewers all season. They had so many lucky 1 run game wins and walkoffs that i lost count. People in the media are saying they will be better next season. I don't see it because they won't be near as lucky in the close games like they were this season. They had to win their last 8 games just to edge the Cubs out for the Division Title and half of those were 1 run wins. I think they will be good but they will not win 96 games again. 

I mean talk about having the Baseball Gods on your side, that was the Brewers all season. They had so many lucky 1 run game wins and walkoffs that i lost count. People in the media are saying they will be better next season. I don't see it because they won't be near as lucky in the close games like they were this season. They had to win their last 8 games just to edge the Cubs out for the Division Title and half of those were 1 run wins. I think they will be good but they will not win 96 games again. 

Agreed I have seen the Cards are very interested in Harper

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Machado will be out there too and with the problems Addison Russell has had off the field, I am wondering if the Cubs won't try for him?? Harper will be available too, he wants out of Washington last I heard.

Cards also after Goldsmit , may be unattainable.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Goldsmit is really good, he would be a nice pickup! I am wondering what will happen with Darvish? Can he stay healthy? That is a big question mark. The one move Theo looks bad on right now. I missed Jake this past season.

We knew it would burn them.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cubs did struggle to hit the ball down the stretch but not having Jake was bad.

Agreed the hitting lost it for them at the end but cant help but think they would win at least 4 more with Jake from the start.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Agreed the hitting lost it for them at the end but cant help but think they would win at least 4 more with Jake from the start.

I agree. With Jake we probably win right at 100 games and get the #1 Seed. Cubs still won 95 as it was. Jake won 10 games and Darvish won only 1. Jake did only go 10-11 (still 10 wins) but his era was below 4. 

The NL Central as a whole is going to be nasty next season. I even think the Reds can be good, like at least .500 and being spoilers to teams. Pirates are a .500 team at worse. We all know what the Cubs, Cards, and Brewers are about.

The Reds could be very good if they solidify the pitching . They can produce runs and pretty good defense as well.

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Reds could be very good if they solidify the pitching . They can produce runs and pretty good defense as well.

I agree, the Reds had some stretches where they were killing teams. They swept the Cubs 4 straight games in 1 series. The Pirates quietly finished 82-79 and it doesn't even seem like it because the Brewers, Cubs, and Cards were all so good. The Pirates actually beat the Brewers 5 straight games right before the All-Star break.

Archived