Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah right now Yankees fans have that unsettling feeling in their stomach that their season is about over. :funny:

Thank God, anything after this is gravy now. For the sanity of my husband this had to happen. Now he can sleep better for the rest of the week. The Red Sox/Yankees rivarly is HUGE. Like enormous. This HAD to happen.

I am starting to get positive tingles concerning the Red Sox though.....

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Thank God, anything after this is gravy now. For the sanity of my husband this had to happen. Now he can sleep better for the rest of the week. The Red Sox/Yankees rivarly is HUGE. Like enormous. This HAD to happen.

I bet in the 9th Inning he was going nuts haha , I have been there before lmao . Nice win, congrats. By the way I posted on the Basketball Thread and gave my predictions. I have Boston going to the Finals.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I bet in the 9th Inning he was going nuts haha , I have been there before lmao . Nice win, congrats. By the way I posted on the Basketball Thread and gave my predictions. I have Boston going to the Finals.

Astros are going to be brutal though, this series feels almost like the real World Series to me. I will go look at your NBA picks.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Astros are going to be brutal though, this series feels almost like the real World Series to me. I will go look at your NBA picks.

It probably is I really don't see either of the NL teams winning the series , but stranger things have happened . That's why they play the games. Good luck to the Red Sox they will have their hands more than full.

12 hours ago, Jules said:

Oh...I bet your husband likes the sound of that lol!! I kid I kid. Now I don't know who to root for because so many different rooting interests of people on the board. Just hoping for some great drama!

-Both the NLCS and ALCS are tough to predict. The Sox and Astros are complete powerhouses and HFA really doesn't mean anything either for the Sox because the Astros are great on the road. The Dodgers should beat the Brewers just based on having the experience of playing in the NLCS alot with their core group. Having said that the Brewers haven't lost a game in 3 weeks and the Dodgers tend to choke late in the Playoffs.

-I have a feeling the Astros will beat the Sox 4-3. They feel disrespected by the media and have a chip on their shoulder. Their lineup is a machine and they have the best Pitcher in that series in Verlander. In the NLCS, I just can't picture the Brewers winning the NL Pennant, I can't really answer why but beating a big market team like the Dodgers would surprise me. I say Dodgers take it in 7 games as well 4-3. Like the Astros, they too have the best Pitcher in that series in Kershaw.

-I am saying we get a rematch from last seasons WS.

So here are this decades WS Champions:

2010 - Giants (1)

2011 - Cardinals (1)

2012 - Giants (2)

2013 - Red Sox (1)

2014 - Giants (3)

2015 - Royals (1)

2016 - Cubs (1)

2017 - Astros (1)

2018 - ? who will be crowned in 2018? Will it be the Astros again, Red Sox, Dodgers, or Brewers?

-I still can't get over that the Giants have won 3 World Series this decade. In the 3 seasons they won the WS they never came close to 100 wins. It's tough just winning one. A glaring miss from the list of WS Champions is the Yankees. They haven't won one all decade. Dodgers haven't won one either. My Cubs got one in 2016 so I am happy. I can actually relax for a change and watch these series without getting worked up/nervous/sick since the Cubs aren't in it. I hope both the NLCS and ALCS go 7 games. 

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-Both the NLCS and ALCS are tough to predict. The Sox and Astros are complete powerhouses and HFA really doesn't mean anything either for the Sox because the Astros are great on the road. The Dodgers should beat the Brewers just based on having the experience of playing in the NLCS alot with their core group. Having said that the Brewers haven't lost a game in 3 weeks and the Dodgers tend to choke late in the Playoffs.

-I have a feeling the Astros will beat the Sox 4-3. They feel disrespected by the media and have a chip on their shoulder. Their lineup is a machine and they have the best Pitcher in that series in Verlander. In the NLCS, I just can't picture the Brewers winning the NL Pennant, I can't really answer why but beating a big market team like the Dodgers would surprise me. I say Dodgers take it in 7 games as well 4-3. Like the Astros, they too have the best Pitcher in that series in Kershaw.

I have this feeling that the Brewers will represent the NL in the World Series.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hope your right but I'm not as optimistic lol

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So here are this decades WS Champions:

2010 - Giants (1)

2011 - Cardinals (1)

2012 - Giants (2)

2013 - Red Sox (1)

2014 - Giants (3)

2015 - Royals (1)

2016 - Cubs (1)

2017 - Astros (1)

2018 - ? who will be crowned in 2018? Will it be the Astros again, Red Sox, Dodgers, or Brewers?

-I still can't get over that the Giants have won 3 World Series this decade. In the 3 seasons they won the WS they never came close to 100 wins. It's tough just winning one. A glaring miss from the list of WS Champions is the Yankees. They haven't won one all decade. Dodgers haven't won one either. My Cubs got one in 2016 so I am happy. I can actually relax for a change and watch these series without getting worked up/nervous/sick since the Cubs aren't in it. I hope both the NLCS and ALCS go 7 games. 

The Giants had a great team early in the decade not so much lately.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Giants had a great team early in the decade not so much lately.

They still won 3, you guys won 1 (2011) and we won 1 (2016) this decade. They will be the team of the decade based on Championships. I do believe the 2016 Cubs would beat any of their Championship teams though. I would even put money on it. MadBum was awesome but so was Jake and we also had Lester and the ChapPack in the BullPen. Indians had Kluber and Miller who were unhittable and we still beat them down 3-1 in the WS. We made Kershaw look bad too in the NLCS.

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They still won 3, you guys won 1 (2011) and we won 1 (2016) this decade. They will be the team of the decade based on Championships. I do believe the 2016 Cubs would beat any of their Championship teams though. I would even put money on it. MadBum was awesome but so was Jake and we also had Lester and the ChapPack in the BullPen. Indians had Kluber and Miller who were unhittable and we still beat them down 3-1 in the WS. We made Kershaw look bad too in the NLCS.

I think the only team that would actually worry me if we were doing an all-time Playoff in this decade would be the Astros. They have Verlander and a line-up that is deep and a HR or extra base hit waiting to happen. I think the Astros will Repeat IMO 

8 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Cubs batting coach Chili Davis fired after only 1 year.....hmmm didn’t see that coming, lol.

I actually did see it coming. You were being sarcastic I think :thmup:. Cubs fans were complaining about him all year. Look at what the Red Sox have done this season after they fired him. Next step will be to sign 1 or 2 key Free Agents in the offseason. Another Hitter and another Pitcher. I have no faith in Yu, I hope we keep Hamels. Bryce Harper and Manny Machado will be out there, Machado would be a nice fit at SS and Baez can go back to 2nd Base.

I don't like any of these teams left. I guess go Dodgers and go Astros. The Brewers fanbase is so atrocious that I can't root for them. If you all have read what their fans say about the Cubs on other websites you would know where I am coming from. I am not talking like 10 people, I am talking like around 100 different people's comments. Go Dodgers. Dodgers fans respect the Cubs from most of the comments I have read from their fanbase. IMO the Astros have the best team on paper but the best team doesn't always win. Sox did win 108 games. 

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't like any of these teams left. I guess go Dodgers and go Astros. The Brewers fanbase is so atrocious that I can't root for them. If you all have read what their fans say about the Cubs on other websites you would know where I am coming from. I am not talking like 10 people, I am talking like around 100 different people's comments. Go Dodgers. Dodgers fans respect the Cubs from most of the comments I have read from their fanbase. IMO the Astros have the best team on paper but the best team doesn't always win. Sox did win 108 games. 

I’ve not watched any baseball since my Cubs knocked themselves out, salty I know. A lot of Brewers fans are awful, and just relishing the opportunity to rub this in our face. Payback will come next season brother, count on it!:rock:

8 hours ago, HOZER said:

I’ve not watched any baseball since my Cubs knocked themselves out, salty I know. A lot of Brewers fans are awful, and just relishing the opportunity to rub this in our face. Payback will come next season brother, count on it!:rock:

Brewers won again! Maybe they are just that good this year. Another 1 Run win. 

I still can't picture the Brewers holding up the WS trophy. They may get by LA but watching them hold up the WS trophy would be similar to watching the Indians do the same. Can't picture that either. 2 small market teams that usually choke somehow. I still say the winner of the WS will come out of the AL, I have been saying that for a while now. Even if the Cubs were still in it I would feel like that. The Sox and Astros both are just so much better than everyone else. 

I still can't picture the Brewers holding up the WS trophy. They may get by LA but watching them hold up the WS trophy would be similar to watching the Indians do the same. Can't picture that either. 2 small market teams that usually choke somehow. I still say the winner of the WS will come out of the AL, I have been saying that for a while now. Even if the Cubs were still in it I would feel like that. The Sox and Astros both are just so much better than everyone else. 

Well if the Dodgers get trounced, I’m all in for the Astros being an ex Texan and all. Really I’m for whoever is against the Rockies, lol.

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Well if the Dodgers get trounced, I’m all in for the Astros being an ex Texan and all. Really I’m for whoever is against the Rockies, lol.

I am ok with the Astros winning it all again. They were like the Cubs a few years ago and were awful. Then like the Cubs rebuilt from scratch to become a Great team.

The Dodgers just pulled a Brewers on the Brewers, down 3-0 and win it with a 2 Run HR 4-3! Go Dodgers! Now lets see how the Brewers respond to losing HFA. Next 3 are in LA. They finally got a taste of their own medicine and their luck ran out. As of now the Dodgers are favored to win the series, just like that :banana:. Nice choke job by Yelich at the end, he got owned by Jansen lmao 

I just read on MLB.com the 5 greatest teams record wise to win a World Series since 1980 are the:

1984 Tigers 104-58 (3rd)

1986 Mets 108-54 (2nd)

1998 Yankees 114-48 (1st)

2009 Yankees 103-59 (5th)

2016 Cubs 103-58 (4th) *Played only 161 games

-That is real cool the Cubs are in the Top 5 in that category, they actually rank 4th, .5 ahead of the 2009 Yankees. @NFLfan, your team is 2nd in that category. Great stuff! 

I just read on MLB.com the 5 greatest teams record wise to win a World Series since 1980 are the:

1984 Tigers 104-58 (3rd)

1986 Mets 108-54 (2nd)

1998 Yankees 114-48 (1st)

2009 Yankees 103-59 (5th)

2016 Cubs 103-58 (4th) *Played only 161 games

-That is real cool the Cubs are in the Top 5 in that category, they actually rank 4th, .5 ahead of the 2009 Yankees. @NFLfan, your team is 2nd in that category. Great stuff! 

This would be like the 4 vs 5 play in game, then the Final 4 match ups. 

49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This would be like the 4 vs 5 play in game, then the Final 4 match ups. 

Hey on my way into work tonight I am going to get a ChapPack and dont you guys forget it. That is a Double Whopper with Cheese, Large Fries, Large Coke, Large Chocolate Shake. Good night everyone from Chicago Cubs land, home of the 2016 World Champions.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

@2006Coltsbestever  what do you think of Anthony Iapoce, the Cubs new hitting coach? He was with the team some time ago as an assistant to the general manger in the minor leagues. Don’t know much about him, other then he was with the Rangers last three seasons. First of many changes coming I’m sure.

That is a great question. I don't know much about him either. I know pretty much what you know. That was quick hiring someone else already.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a great question. I don't know much about him either. I know pretty much what you know. That was quick hiring someone else already.

According to this he’s pretty familiar with several of our current players, I like what I’ve read so far......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-anthony-iapoce-things-to-know-20181016-story,amp.html

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

According to this he’s pretty familiar with several of our current players, I like what I’ve read so far......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-anthony-iapoce-things-to-know-20181016-story,amp.html

Yeah that is a good thing that he is familiar with our players. If he could Coach that many Rangers to hit HR's like that, then that is a good sign.

Archived