Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

They have been scoring enough to over come his blunders

You guys are a machine right now, these last 40+ games are going to be real interesting. Looks like Contreras is out 4 weeks - strained hammy. That may or may not hurt us but last night the Cubs looked really good without him. Lackey Pitched well. That was a nice at Arizona, Arizona has a Good ball club.

17 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol Matheny at it again sticking with a pitcher when he shouldn't . Fire him now. 6-5 . Way to passive in handling a pitching staff.

Lol. You want your coach fired. I want my GM fired.

Last year, Sandy Alderson, Mets GM, gives up one of our top prospects (D. Herrera) for Jay Bruce.  When he trades Bruce away this week, he gets back only a Single A pitcher. :scratch: He could not get anything better?? I understand that Bruce will be a free agent but why not tender him a contract; if he signs with another team, we would get a draft pick?!!

Alderson does not value continuity. He never intended to re-sign Murphy.  He did not tender fan-favorite Jose Reyes or Justin Turner who now leads the NL in batting, I believe. Ok, I don't blame him too much for that one because Turner did not do much here but it still shows how he does not value players already on his team. Rather than keep his young players, he acquires players from other teams (Grandy, Bruce, Cespedes, Neil Walker, Cuddyer...). I don't like it. 

Anyway, the head coach might get fired but I think the GM should go. JMO

(Don't worry, PT, everything is okay. Just venting which keeps things "okay".)

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys are a machine right now, these last 40+ games are going to be real interesting. Looks like Contreras is out 4 weeks - strained hammy. That may or may not hurt us but last night the Cubs looked really good without him. Lackey Pitched well. That was a nice at Arizona, Arizona has a Good ball club.

Actually watched some of it  , yes its going to be interesting I think its going to come down to the 2 teams we predicted from the start . They just wont have the win totals we thought.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. You want your coach fired. I want my GM fired.

Last year, Sandy Alderson, Mets GM, gives up one of our top prospects (D. Herrera) for Jay Bruce.  When he trades Bruce away this week, he gets back only a Single A pitcher. :scratch: He could not get anything better?? I understand that Bruce will be a free agent but why not tender him a contract; if he signs with another team, we would get a draft pick?!!

Alderson does not value continuity. He never intendes to re-sign Murphy.  He did not tender fan-favorite Jose Reyes or Justin Turner who now leads the NL in batting, I believe. Ok, I don't blame him too much for that one because Turner did not do much here but it still shows how he does not value players already on his team. Rather than keep his young players, he acquires players from other teams (Grandy, Bruce, Cespedes, Neil Walker, Cuddyer...). I don't like it. 

Anyway, the head coach might get fired but I think the GM should go. JMO

(Don't worry, PT, everything is okay. Just venting which keeps things "okay".)

Yes I think they should've made an effort to keep Bruce and they certainly need hitters more than pitching IMO.

41 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Actually watched some of it  , yes its going to be interesting I think its going to come down to the 2 teams we predicted from the start . They just wont have the win totals we thought.

Yeah if I remember right I had the Cubs pegged at 95 and Cards 92 wins. I will be off on that one, it may be more like in the high 80's for both. But yes we both said it would come down to the Cubs and Cards, that is looking like so.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I take we are tied in the Central

Yep, Cubs are 60-55, Cards 61-56. You may have the lead after Sunday, I don't see the Braves beating Wacha. The Cubs do have Jake Pitching but Arizona is going to be tough to beat. After Sunday the Cubs do play the Reds and Cards play the RedSox so that favors the Cubs on paper. Should be interesting.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, Cubs are 60-55, Cards 61-56. You may have the lead after Sunday, I don't see the Braves beating Wacha. The Cubs do have Jake Pitching but Arizona is going to be tough to beat. After Sunday the Cubs do play the Reds and Cards play the RedSox so that favors the Cubs on paper. Should be interesting.

Yes this will be fun to watch things play out , and in all honesty neither is completely out of the wildcard.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes this will be fun to watch things play out , and in all honesty neither is completely out of the wildcard.

I agree. If the Cubs can win the rubber match against Arizona, I think they would only be like 3.5 games behind Arizona which isn't much with 40 something games left. I hope Jake pitches a masterpiece but it's going to be a tough matchup going against that lineup. I don't think you have anything to worry about playing the Braves.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. If the Cubs can win the rubber match against Arizona, I think they would only be like 3.5 games behind Arizona which isn't much with 40 something games left. I hope Jake pitches a masterpiece but it's going to be a tough matchup going against that lineup. I don't think you have anything to worry about playing the Braves.

Ive learned never take things for granted , yes with Wacha on the mound confident , but no pressure on the Braves just as the Reds playing you. When you have to face those kind of teams , I have seen it go south in a hurry and your left scratching your head lol.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Ive learned never take things for granted , yes with Wacha on the mound confident , but no pressure on the Braves just as the Reds playing you. When you have to face those kind of teams , I have seen it go south in a hurry and your left scratching your head lol.

Yeah Giants just took 2 out of 3 from Cubs so you never know??

The Mets traded Neil Walker to the Brewers yesterday for a player to be named later. :(

I don't mind trading older players but can we get some hitting prospects?! We got nothing for Walker, nothing for Duda and nothing for Bruce. We got 3 relief pitchers for our best reliever, Addison Reed. SMH.  I think all the players he got back are pitchers. We received 5 pitchers for the 4 Mets players that had the most value. Why???

I really hope Alderson is replaced. For me to say that, it has to be bad. I am not one to want people fired. I am very patient and loyal (yeah, I know, I am not loyal to Harvey, but he has not earned my loyalty haha). But Alderson has to go.

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets traded Neil Walker to the Brewers yesterday for a player to be named later. :(

I don't mind trading older players but can we get some hitting prospects?! We got nothing for Walker, nothing for Duda and nothing for Bruce. We got 3 relief pitchers for our best reliever, Addison Reed. SMH.  I think all the players he got back are pitchers. We received 5 pitchers for the 4 Mets players that had the most value. Why???

I really hope Alderson is replaced. For me to say that, it has to be bad. I am not one to want people fired. I am very patient and loyal (yeah, I know, I am not loyal to Harvey, but he has not earned my loyalty haha). But Alderson has to go.

Matt Harvey has earned mine :violin:. Anyway Cards actually lost to the Braves and I am now watching the Cubs/D-Backs. Cubs up 2-1 in the 8th, can the BullPen hold the lead? If so Cubs go back up by 1 game over Cards.

Going into August 14th, the NL Central standings look like this,

1. Cubs 61-55

2. Cards 61-57 (1)

3. Brewers 61-59 (2)

4. Pirates 58-60 (4)

5. Reds 49-69 (13)

-Brewers just won 2 in a row so they aren't going anywhere, Cubs came up big out West by taking 2 of 3 in Arizona to maintain the Division lead. Jake Arrietta Pitched a Great game in the rubber match and the leagues reigning NL MVP homered in a 7-2 win over the D-Backs. Cards dropped one to the Braves but had won 8 straight games.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am glad Bryce Harper will be ok. His injury looked nasty, he will still be out at least a month. Guy must be bionic.

All of DC collectively breaths a sigh of relief. Hopefully he's all rested up and ready to go for the playoffs. But yeah that looked nasty. Glad he's good. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

All of DC collectively breaths a sigh of relief. Hopefully he's all rested up and ready to go for the playoffs. But yeah that looked nasty. Glad he's good. 

I am out of LIKES but when that first happened, I was like man he is done. He and Kris Bryant are best friends and I want to see them battle in the Playoffs. I am glad he will be ok, that looked gruesome at first look.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am out of LIKES but when that first happened, I was like man he is done. He and Kris Bryant are best friends and I want to see them battle in the Playoffs. I am glad he will be ok, that looked gruesome at first look.

Thing is, Nats fans really want the Cards in the playoffs, to get some revenge for 2012. But to be honest, St Louis, Chicago, I'm down with both as long as both teams are healthy and we get a good competitive series (that the Nats win haha)

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Thing is, Nats fans really want the Cards in the playoffs, to get some revenge for 2012. But to be honest, St Louis, Chicago, I'm down with both as long as both teams are healthy and we get a good competitive series (that the Nats win haha)

You guys only want the Cards because you guys know Bryant is better than Harper and you will lose against us  :sarcasm:. I am just kidding I have no idea what will happen if the Nats play the Cubs. Cubs aren't as great as last season. I will be happy if we can hold off the Cards that would be a Good season at worse winning the Division. These Playoffs are a crapshoot, even the Dodgers could lose. Dodgers haven't made a World Series in 30 years.

Archived