Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I know. I know. GM Sandy Alderson :thmdown:. This guy does not value hitting. He gives up players with value for nothing back. I hope he is  :tvsmash:

I wish Grandy well. You cannot find a more classy individual. (David Wright would have something to say about that. I miss him too.) Grandy represented the Mets and baseball well. 

I I would love to see Grandy end his career with a World Series championship. I have never liked the Dodgers (1988 Playoff series :yuk:) , but with Grandy on the team, I am rooting for them. I need something to keep me interested in baseball, now that my favorite sport is back. haha

The Grandy Man can!

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty down on the Mets. If we were acquiring young hitters, I would be feeling better about the team. I understand now that they traded all these assets for cash relief. What??? Apparently, the Yankees had offered better prospects for some of our players but the Mets declined.

I don't get it. All these players were going  to be free agents at the end of the year. How much cash relief are they really getting? I'm disgusted. 

I am okay, PT. Venting keeps me okay. 

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am pretty down on the Mets. If we were acquiring young hitters, I would be feeling better about the team. I understand now that they traded all these assets for cash relief. What??? Apparently, the Yankees had offered better prospects for some of our players but the Mets declined.

I don't get it. All these players were free agents next year. How much cash relief are they really getting? I'm disgusted. 

Yeah I am not sure what you guys are doing, what is the goal? I like the Mets and I am puzzled to what they are trying to do.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am not sure what you guys are doing, what is the goal? I like the Mets and I am puzzled to what they are trying to do.

It sounds like the owner wanted to save money. Perhaps some of the teams were asking the Mets to pay a bigger percentage of the players' salaries. The Mets chose to save money rather than acquire prospects, trading the players to teams that would pay most of the traded player's salary. That is what I understand. Will see.

I am rooting for the Dodgers. I also would not mind if the Nats won. They acquired this pitcher who I am so impressed with. He is an awesome human being. Compassion is important, folks. Be good to each other. :)

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It sounds like the owner wanted to save money. Perhaps some of the teams were asking the Mets to pay a bigger percentage of the players' salaries. The Mets chose to save money rather than acquire prospects, trading the players to teams that would pay most of the traded player's salary. That is what I understand. Will see.

I am rooting for the Dodgers. I also would not mind if the Nats won. They acquired this pitcher who I am so impressed with. He is an awesome human being. Compassion is important, folks. Be good to each other. :)

Of course neither will win because they have to play the greatest team of all-time = my Cubs :violin:

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course neither will win because they have to play the greatest team of all-time = my Cubs :violin:

haha I knew that no one would appreciate my comment about having compassion. 

Btw, the Cubs traded for Renee Rivera who was Noah Syndergaard's personal (preferred) catcher. Renee had a knack for getting clutch hits. He is another guy that I will miss. He is a good bench guy. But I understand why he was moved. He is an older player. All the best to Renee. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

haha I knew that no one would appreciate my comment about having compassion. 

Btw, the Cubs traded for Renee Rivera who was Noah Syndergaard's personal (preferred) catcher. Renee had a knack for getting clutch hits. He is another guy that I will miss. He is a good bench guy. But I understand why he was moved. He is a lot older. All the best to Renee. 

I appreciate you plenty NFLfan.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't get it. All these players were free agents next year. How much cash relief are they really getting? I'm disgusted. 

Sounds to me they need to sell to someone who actually cares about the fans.

42 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Sounds to me they need to sell to someone who actually cares about the fans.

Yep. 

Btw, Jay, do you know Joe McDonald from the early Whitey Herzog days? He and Whitey were best of friends and he worked in the Cardinals organizations. His son Jody McDonald is a long-time NYC sports talk show host. His father was the GM of the Mets in the mid-70s.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Be Careful because even venting can be hazardous 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Why do you say that? Venting in a civil manner is fine. You will never see me spew obscenities. 

Venting is good IMO, you are even nice when you do it lmao I could give Princeton a great vent he would love if I really got upset :violin:I totally expected cussing from you with the way the Mets are handling things, it even upsets me and they aren't my favorite team but I root for them when the Cubs are out of it, been like that since Doc.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Venting is good IMO, you are even nice when you do it lmao I could give Princeton a great vent he would love if I really got upset :violin:I totally expected cussing from you with the way the Mets are handling things, it even upsets me and they aren't my favorite team but I root for them when the Cubs are out of it, been like that since Doc.

As I have said before I can be upset but do not feel he need to beat my head against a brick wall if I can't do anything to change things

you would not have been around me last night at about 10 my time

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

As I have said before I can be upset but do not feel he need to beat my head against a brick wall if I can't do anything to change things

you would not have been around me last night at about 10 my time

Why what happened around 10? Cubs won yesterday. Was it the HighSchool Football games?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are they supposed to be great this season? I really don't know, so I am assuming the loss was a huge upset. That does stink if the case.

It wasn't an upset but a game the Tigers could have won

Reminder:

I have been a Tiger from birth. Parents taught and/or coached in the North Gibson School District(Princeton) for 40+ years and I have taught/mentored/coached in Princeton since I was a student at PCHS myself. I went to school with several of our coaches and have taught/tutored/mentored most of our roster

I have also developed(written) histories of the NGSC schools. Every screen name I use has to do with Princeton and my ringtone is the school song 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It wasn't an upset but a game the Tigers could have won

Reminder:

I have been a Tiger from birth. Parents taught and/or coached in the North Gibson School District(Princeton) for 40+ years and I have taught/mentored/coached in Princeton since I was a student at PCHS myself. I went to school with several of our coaches and have taught/tutored/mentored most of our roster

I have also developed(written) histories of the NGSC schools. Every screen name I use has to do with Princeton and my ringtone is the school song 

I see your love for them, I get it now.

Archived