Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5825

  • NFLfan

    2291

  • Jay Kirk

    2231

  • PrincetonTiger

    1838

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Rondon doing what Rondon does best, giving up hits. Him and Stroup.

Cubs still up 4-3, bottom 8th.

Cubs win 4-3, see how big that insurance Run was by Rizzo. I never trust our BullPen with a 1 Run lead. Baez playing like Ozzie Smith at SS too. He is making incredible plays daily!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want to hear/see NFLfan cuss lmao Probably doesn't at all. I am just messing around, Happ is up. He homered last time.

 

Lol. I don't cuss much, especially not over the internet. It is not very ladylike :P

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 4-3, see how big that insurance Run was by Rizzo. I never trust our BullPen with a 1 Run lead. Baez playing like Ozzie Smith at SS too. He is making incredible plays daily!

I know right (hate that phrase) ..... and isn't that ashamed .... My hope is that they do enough to win the central and once in the playoffs ... anything can happen from there....

 

Side note.... what the hell is up with the spell check in this program?  It changes words to something not even close to what I am writing and even occasionally misspells on my behalf.... is it just me?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BR-549 said:

I know right (hate that phrase) ..... and isn't that ashamed .... My hope is that they do enough to win the central and once in the playoffs ... anything can happen from there....

 

Side note.... what the hell is up with the spell check in this program?  It changes words to something not even close to what I am writing and even occasionally misspells on my behalf.... is it just me?

I misspell words too, not sure. Regarding our Bullpen, yeah when the 7th and especially the 8th Innings roll around I cringe.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I don't remember it being like that last year.  Its like the bullpen and even the starters have lost some of the edge they had last year... I would so love to see them repeat.  That would be sweet given the rollercoaster ride we have been on this season.  Here we are in the "easy" stretch and struggling.

 

Like I was alluding to earlier, sometimes all you have to do is get into the playoffs and maybe win a game or two that you are not supposed to.... ugh as in 2005 Steelers (my side started hurting Harper). 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am sure she would being around me for a while :thmup:

 

Lol. And here I thought you were this nice guy :P

 

Now remember to give a like to LucasOilStadium for all her hard work on the game threads. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The NL Central race looks like this heading into August 20th:

1. Cubs 65-57

2. Brewers 64-60 (2 back)

3. Cards 63-60 (2.5 back)

Cards lost to the Pirates which gives the Cubs more breathing room but the Brewers win at Rockies. Have to give the Brewers credit as they wont go away.

-Todays schedule is:

BlueJays at Cubs 220pm

Brewers at Rockies 310pm

Cards at Pirates is the Sunday Night game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who was better all-time? If you had to take 1 team, who would it be if you were to bet your life savings on them to beat any other team? Choices are:

1. 1961 Yankees - 109-53 beat the Reds in the WS

2. 1975 Reds - 108-54 beat the RedSox in the WS

3. 1984 Tigers - 104-58 beat the Padres in the WS

4. 1986 Mets - 108-54 beat the RedSox in the WS

5. 1998 Yankees - 114-48 beat the Padres in the WS

6. 2016 Cubs - 103-58 won Game 6 and 7 on the road to win the WS over the Indians.

-Just put a number on it when you Post, just curious! These are 6 all-time Great teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who was better all-time? If you had to take 1 team, who would it be if you were to bet your life savings on them to beat any other team? Choices are:

1. 1961 Yankees - 109-53 beat the Reds in the WS

2. 1975 Reds - 108-54 beat the RedSox in the WS

3. 1984 Tigers - 104-58 beat the Padres in the WS

4. 1986 Mets - 108-54 beat the RedSox in the WS

5. 1998 Yankees - 114-48 beat the Padres in the WS

6. 2016 Cubs - 103-58 won Game 6 and 7 on the road to win the WS over the Indians.

-Just put a number on it when you Post, just curious! These are 6 all-time Great teams.

 

The 2017 Dodgers. :P

 

You've asked this question before, no? It is not the Mets or Cubs; so we can eliminate them. I can't recall many of the Tigers. Was that the team with Lou Whittaker and Alan Trammell? Was Sparky Anderson the manager?

 

I will say that Reds team or the 1994 Yankees.

 

The 2017 Dodgers may knock all of those  teams out of the park  if they win the World Series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

The 2017 Dodgers. :P

 

You've asked this question before, no? It is not the Mets or Cubs; so we can eliminate them. I can't recall many of the Tigers. Was that the team with Lou Whittaker and Alan Trammell? Was Sparky Anderson the manager?

 

I will say that Reds team or the 1994 Yankees.

 

The 2017 Dodgers may knock all of those  teams out of the park  if they win the World Series.

This was actually a slightly different question but similar to the old one. Regarding the Tigers, yes that is the team. They also had Kirk Gibson. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This was actually a slightly different question but similar to the old one. Regarding the Tigers, yes that is the team. They also had Kirk Gibson. 

 

Ok. I think I will pick the Reds. They had All-Stars and Gold Glove winners at nearly every position and some went on to be enshrined in the Baseal HoF -- Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez. Pete Rose is definitely HoF worthy. They had other great players like Davey Concepcion. They had a HoF manager in Sparky Anderson.  However, I don't know their pitchers. I need people like @Jay Kirk and @BrentMc11 to tell me what they think. 

 

The Mets may have had the best pitching amongst those teams but they have only one Hall of Fame player, the late Gary Carter.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

Ok. I think I will pick the Reds. They had All-Stars and Gold Glove winners at nearly every position and some went on to be enshrined in the Baseal HoF -- Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez. Pete Rose is definitely HoF worthy. They had other great players like Davey Concepcion. They had a HoF manager in Sparky Anderson.  However, I don't know their pitchers. I need people like @Jay Kirk and @BrentMc11 to tell me what they think. 

 

The Mets may have had the best pitching amongst those teams but they have only one Hall of Fame player, the late Gary Carter.

Doc should be in the HOFAME IMO. That is bull he isn't.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...