Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looking way ahead and just speculating but if the Cubs go through the Nationals (NLDS), Dodgers (NLCS), and perhaps the Astros, RedSox or Indians and then Repeat wouldn't they have to go down as one of the 5 best teams ever to play without debate? That is some damn Great competition. In 2015 the Cubs won at Pittsburgh in the WildCard Game, then beat the Cards 3-1 in the NLDS, but did lose to NFLfan's Mets 4-0 in the NLCS. In 2016 the Cubs beat the Giants 3-1 in the NLDS with a healthy MadBum, beat the Dodgers 4-2 in the NLCS with a healthy Kershaw, then beat a redhot Indians team that killed their opposition in the AL leading up to the WS. Indians even had HFA and a 3-1 lead + a manager in Francona that was automatic in WS play. Cubs have played some Very Good to Great teams during this run. The only team the Cubs couldn't figure out was the Mets in 2015. Daniel Murphy just killed us and the Mets had Great Pitching to match ours in Matt Harvey, Syndergaard, and DeGrom. That Mets team was just a bad matchup. They had real depth at Pitching!

Lol. I love your optimism. The Cubs have not even won the division and you have them beating the Nats, Dodgers, and whoever represents the AL. The Dodgers will be very hard to beat. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I love your optimism. The Cubs have not even won the division and you have them beating the Nats, Dodgers, and whoever represents the AL. The Dodgers will be very hard to beat. 

I actually don't have them beating any of them prematurely, please re-read my Post. I said if they go through them because everyone seems to think the Nationals and Dodgers are so freakin unbeatable and neither have a won a WS in decades. All I did was present a simple question regarding where the Cubs should rank if they Repeat and actually gave the Nats and Dodgers huge respect by saying they are Great competition.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually don't have them beating any of them prematurely, please re-read my Post. I said if they go through them because everyone seems to think the Nationals and Dodgers are so freakin unbeatable and neither have a won a WS in decades. All I did was present a simple question regarding where the Cubs should rank if they Repeat and actually gave the Nats and Dodgers huge respect by saying they are Great competition.

Okay, my apologies. 

6 hours ago, GOZER said:

Oh Quintana..........

Yeah just waking up, it was a bad night but at least the Brewers and Cards both lost as well. We shouldn't be losing to the Phillies though. All 3 being Cubs, Brewers, and Cards have been inconsistent all season. Hopefully we get a win tonight, I'll still take a 3 game lead in the Division anytime in late August.

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Okay, my apologies. 

You really don't have anything to apologize for but thanks for the gesture. Not like I am upset or anything. I am just trying to keep the Thread interesting with different topics/questions since nobody has been Posting much lately. I am just not into Football right now like I normally am because of all the negativity surrounding the Colts from our fans and media. I love Football but Baseball has me more interested right now with the Division races going on and Playoff positioning. I have to be honest with you between Andrew's injury being up in the air and the negativity surrounding the team to the Chuck bashing, Football is giving me a headache lmao 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's far from over. I love the Cubs position but the Cubs have a tendency to blow games too like last night.

:lol: Never fear Cards lost , Our pitching staff is pretty Decimated Waino out Rosenthall , Cecil sucks lol he would be moving on if I had anything to do with it. The Cards are under the Gun with their fan base over something I will not bring up on here. Probably Alienated 85 % of the Fan base trying to be politically correct , why discriminating against a large portion of their F . Base is all I will say.

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

So will the Nats and Wild Card out of west . When you get to condense Pitching Staff for playoffs it can remove some weakness if A manager knows what they are doing. IMO there will be no cakewalk in NL playoffs for anyone.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You really don't have anything to apologize for but thanks for the gesture. Not like I am upset or anything. I am just trying to keep the Thread interesting with different topics/questions since nobody has been Posting much lately. I am just not into Football right now like I normally am because of all the negativity surrounding the Colts from our fans and media. I love Football but Baseball has me more interested right now with the Division races going on and Playoff positioning. I have to be honest with you between Andrew's injury being up in the air and the negativity surrounding the team to the Chuck bashing, Football is giving me a headache lmao 

Lol that's because 12 nights don't agree with this Old feller :lecture:     :lol: I really hope to be back on days before next season or someone else is going to have to take this thread if not. I wont be able to devote the time to it it needs. Pretty good chance I will be back on days. Also hear you on Colts negativity. People tend to forget the overhaul it takes a little time for things to have continuity and the keys have had little time preseason . Marlon Mack is the real deal , regardless of opinion , some writers had him as a steal of the draft . Probably because they actually had seen him play. When your in obscure conferences you get neglected by media. He has potential to hit the Homer in Baseball terms.

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

:lol: Never fear Cards lost , Our pitching staff is pretty Decimated Waino out Rosenthall , Cecil sucks lol he would be moving on if I had anything to do with it. The Cards are under the Gun with their fan base over something I will not bring up on here. Probably Alienated 85 % of the Fan base trying to be politically correct , why discriminating against a large portion of their F . Base is all I will say.

Hmm just did a little research, I think I found what you're referring to. Wow.

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol that's because 12 nights don't agree with this Old feller :lecture:     :lol: I really hope to be back on days before next season or someone else is going to have to take this thread if not. I wont be able to devote the time to it it needs. Pretty good chance I will be back on days. Also hear you on Colts negativity. People tend to forget the overhaul it takes a little time for things to have continuity and the keys have had little time preseason . Marlon Mack is the real deal , regardless of opinion , some writers had him as a steal of the draft . Probably because they actually had seen him play. When your in obscure conferences you get neglected by media. He has potential to hit the Homer in Baseball terms.

I have been working a bunch too, I know what you mean. No bigge brother, I just want to keep the thread going as it is the best one on the Site IMO.

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

It's like nobody wants to win the Division haha and the Cubs, Cards, and Brewers lose to teams that stink that is the puzzling part.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's like nobody wants to win the Division haha and the Cubs, Cards, and Brewers lose to teams that stink that is the puzzling part.

Agreed they give the better ones  trouble, but lose it to the bottom bunch

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs lose I called it but like clock work so did the Cards. What a strange season.

Stop calling it you jinxed us!!!!!!! In all seriousness that was painful. We played the Phillies, right? 

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Ok more of the same yesterday , does anyone really want the Central ? This has been a putrid season of inconsistency .

I'm still rooting for the Cards to put together a good run, but I don't have much hope for them.   After winning 8 or 9 in a row, they went cold and blew what could have made a good race. 

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm still rooting for the Cards to put together a good run, but I don't have much hope for them.   After winning 8 or 9 in a row, they went cold and blew what could have made a good race. 

Losing Rosenthall didn't help matters injury starting to mount. 

Cubs win tonight. Very Good Divisional win over the Pirates. Pirates are one of those teams that can get hot and aren't that bad of a team. Very nice win here. NL Central standings will look like this going into August 29th,

1. Cubs 70-60 - nice to be 10 games over .500, pretty respectable.

2. Brewers 68-63 (2.5 back), hanging around closely but now 3 back in loss column.

3. Cards 65-65 (5 back), nice cushion to have over them.

4. Pirates 63-69 (8 back), they are pretty much done now.

5. Reds 55-76 (15.5 back)

-Cards play the Brewers at Milwaukee tomorrow and Wednesday. That should be interesting.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Welcome, Solon. How is Grandy doing? I saw that he hit a grand salami in his first week with your team. I want Grandy to win a World Series. With the Mets not going anywhere, I am rooting for Grandy. 

Been solid thus far.  Huge upgrade over Pederson. We got a consistent outfielder with pop to platoon the outfield. Boys in blue going all in this year. If we don't win it all this year, we'll never win a W.S. The excitement and success of this season has been overwhelming.

Archived