Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Me too. He deserves a Ring. I never blamed him for what happened. Many Cubs fans did though. Cubs just choked with error's and bad play in Game 6. Still had Game 7 at home and lost as well.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Very nice gesture.   Is this the only thing the Cubs did for him in all this time?   Just curious.   I hope not.   He was treated so unfairly by too many of the Cubs fans.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Myles said:

Very nice gesture.   Is this the only thing the Cubs did for him in all this time?   Just curious.   I hope not.   He was treated so unfairly by too many of the Cubs fans.  

They have tried other things like wanting him to come to a game for free for example but he has always refused to be a part of the Cubs since what happened. The Ring gesture is pretty awesome.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have tried other things like wanting him to come to a game for free for example but he has always refused to be a part of the Cubs since what happened. The Ring gesture is pretty awesome.

Then you have some dumb reporters like the one below who have an issue with it.......you know what, get over yourself lady, quit trying to be an edgy reporter and make the Cubs look bad. The Cubs organization didn't go after him or try to ruin or hurt him in any way..... in fact, not only did they protect him right after it happened, but they reached out to him numerous times to try to make it right. He didn't want anything to do with it, and actually still remained a Cubs fan after everything. The Team doesn't even have the same owners as they did in 2003 for Petes sake!!!!!It was a select few NUTJOB fans that made his life hell, not the Cubs!!!  It is an AWESOME gesture IMO. If the rest of her stories or comments are like this then I won't be surprised if they let her walk after her contract expires......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/mlb/news/linda-cohn-cubs-steve-bartman-world-series-ring-espn-sportscenteram-jay-harris-steve-levy-john-buccigross-nhl/620jj4620vlizctoa0v3b6g6

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Then you have some dumb reporters like the one below who have an issue with it.......you know what, get over yourself lady, quit trying to be an edgy reporter and make the Cubs look bad. The Cubs organization didn't go after him or try to ruin or hurt him in any way..... in fact, not only did they protect him right after it happened, but they reached out to him numerous times to try to make it right. He didn't want anything to do with it, and actually still remained a Cubs fan after everything. The Team doesn't even have the same owners as they did in 2003 for Petes sake!!!!!It was a select few NUTJOB fans that made his life hell, not the Cubs!!!  It is an AWESOME gesture IMO. If the rest of her stories or comments are like this then I won't be surprised if they let her walk after her contract expires......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/mlb/news/linda-cohn-cubs-steve-bartman-world-series-ring-espn-sportscenteram-jay-harris-steve-levy-john-buccigross-nhl/620jj4620vlizctoa0v3b6g6

I totally agree. The Cubs security got him out of the stadium really well and he made it out without injury, I say that because you had fans throwing things at him, etc.. Also the organization tried several different things to make it up to him and refused them all. A few fans caused the whole thing basically.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, GOZER said:

I don't know, she may not be all wrong.   I like that she speaks her mind instead of just riding along with the ESPN agenda on everything.  

It is time to just put the Bartman fiasco in the past. 

42 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't know, she may not be all wrong.   I like that she speaks her mind instead of just riding along with the ESPN agenda on everything.  

It is time to just put the Bartman fiasco in the past. 

What better way to do that then to give him a ring and say sorry for what our fans did to you? They didn't have to give him one, and even if he didn't want it I'm guessing he could sell it and maybe make some good money off of it! I have no problem with her speaking her mind, just think she's wrong in this case IMO. 

4 hours ago, GOZER said:

What better way to do that then to give him a ring and say sorry for what our fans did to you? They didn't have to give him one, and even if he didn't want it I'm guessing he could sell it and maybe make some good money off of it! I have no problem with her speaking her mind, just think she's wrong in this case IMO. 

She may be just partially correct.   We don't know if the Cubs did this as a publicity stunt or if it was "heartfelt".   I suspect some of both. 

• Like 1

Wade Davis just gave up back to back HR's. Cubs down 10-8. This game has been going on for 6 hours. Looks like it's over. Brewers did win today and took 2 of 3 from the Cards so if this holds, Brewers would be 1.5 back (still 3 in the loss column). Cards would remain 4.5 back. Cards crapped the bed vs the Brewers in that 3 game set. I thought they would actually take 2 of 3 from them like the Cubs did.

• NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic