Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

Posted Images

13 hours ago, GOZER said:

Cubs lose, in more way then one....may have lost one of our biggest hitters for a while as well. I don't know WTH is going on with this team, all bats have gone silent. 

Who did they lose ?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers lost again as well. I don't think anyone wants to win the Division. Cards have won 5 straight but we have seen the Cubs do this recently than revert back to .500 ball. Brewers do the same thing too. Cards and Brewers both are still 1.5 back so I am not too worried. All of these teams are inconsistent and IMO the Cubs have the most talent of the 3. It should be interesting down the stretch.

Yes its gonna be real interesting , the Cards are believing in themselves I can see it in the demeanor. Lol don't hurt to have the rally cat.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GOZER said:

Contreras 

It would not be good for them long term , in fact hes to the Cubs , what Yadi is to the Cards. I hope hes not hurt bad , I want things to play out and let the chips fall where they may.:thmup:

• Like 2
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Indians trade for Jay Bruce. Wow! Great trade for them. That gives them more firepower. Mets got a Minor League Pitcher in return by the name of Ryan. Don't know much about him. Indians getting serious.

Yes the Mets really need more pitching , lol I don't know what they are thinking . NFL can you answer that one ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

It would not be good for them long term , in fact hes to the Cubs , what Yadi is to the Cards. I hope hes not hurt bad , I want things to play out and let the chips fall where they may.:thmup:

I haven't seen any timetable on it (with a hamstring you never know anyway) but he was playing great. Big loss but players like Bryant and Rizzo and even Zobrist just need to step it up. No excuses for them not too.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't seen any timetable on it (with a hamstring you never know anyway) but he was playing great. Big loss but players like Bryant and Rizzo and even Zobrist just need to step it up. No excuses for them not too.

I agree but there was much more to him than offense they will miss.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I missed that, I have been watching off and on. Cards didn't score, it is still 1-0 KC after 4. The Cards have been awesome on Offense though, 1 Run isn't winning this game. Lynn is still in.

Agreed

• Like 1
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I don't know if you seen it but their Pitcher had an easy out and threw it out to centerfield lmao. Tie game, Cards just tied it with a Sac fly.

Win or lose they are never out of it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have said all along their lineup scares me a lot, other than the Dodgers and Nats, I dread playing the Cards.

Cubs are the same way. Right now no one stands completely out to me

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Offense is a machine right now , hope Lynn will be ok , bet he has a mild concussion

Didn't mean to leave ya, I had company over for a minute so had to log off. Yeah, Cards won. They are now 1 game out. My old buddy Fowler with a Grandslam! Brewers lost, so they are now 2 back.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't mean to leave ya, I had company over for a minute so had to log off. Yeah, Cards won. They are now 1 game out. My old buddy Fowler with a Grandslam! Brewers lost, so they are now 2 back.

Lol finished game in bed , Matheny done his best to blow this one. He just doesn't get situational and statistician baseball . You have to play the statistical odds when they are in your favor. Larussa was a master at it. Oh should've never pitched to those lefty's , when we have 3 lefty's in the pen and Oh has struggled against lefty's. I just don't get his line of thinking.

• Like 1
On 8/10/2017 at 2:54 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Indians trade for Jay Bruce. Wow! Great trade for them. That gives them more firepower. Mets got a Minor League Pitcher in return by the name of Ryan. Don't know much about him. Indians getting serious.

I was hoping the Cardinals would make a play for him. 

• Like 2
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic