Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

Not impressed with Quintana or Wilson so far. Hopefully they can settle in soon.Wade with A rough outing, gives up back to back runs...

 Not a good vibe heading into the Nationals series.

 

 

I continue to be impressed with Wilson Contreras, shame that they lost after his contributions....he keeps playing like this and he will be a strong candidate for MVP!

 

Go Cubs!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5838

  • NFLfan

    2303

  • Jay Kirk

    2232

  • PrincetonTiger

    1842

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Not impressed with Quintana or Wilson so far. Hopefully they can settle in soon.Wade with A rough outing, gives up back to back runs...

 Not a good vibe heading into the Nationals series.

 

 

I continue to be impressed with Wilson Contreras, shame that they lost after his contributions....he keeps playing like this and he will be a strong candidate for MVP!

 

Go Cubs!

Yeah Contreras has been awesome. Wilson got put in a jam in this game. Carl Edwards has been struggling a lot lately, walking guys, etc.. We play the Nats coming up now over the weekend. Should be real interesting. Talk about a tough stretch of the schedule, 1st at BrewCrew for 3, then D-Backs for 3, now Nats for 3. Still in 1st place so I am happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Winning your Division should always be the #1 goal in the Regular Season. It's nice having HFA but it doesn't guarantee you will win the WS. We beat the Indians without it. Winning your Division assures staying out of that 1 game elimination WildCard Game, so even if it's a 3 Seed, mission accomplished.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Alright. My Nats against most of y'all's Cubs. Should be fun. Perhaps a playoff preview on our hands?

I hope not, but you are probably right.  Washington has a solid roster.  I don't know much about them but after watching last night and today I see they have ^ batting averages and are tough outs.  Its like they are slightly better than the Cubs and always a step ahead.  Cubs have won what 2/7 against them this year?  I feel like the Cubs are outclassed by the Nats right now.  Doesn't mean things can't change.

 

Some teams ramp it up in the playoffs and become better (and some completely choke) so I won't give up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

I hope not, but you are probably right.  Washington has a solid roster.  I don't know much about them but after watching last night and today I see they have ^ batting averages and are tough outs.  Its like they are slightly better than the Cubs and always a step ahead.  Cubs have won what 2/7 against them this year?  I feel like the Cubs are outclassed by the Nats right now.  Doesn't mean things can't change.

 

Some teams ramp it up in the playoffs and become better (and some completely choke) so I won't give up.  

 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good luck today, it should be a fun weekend. I respect the Nats a lot, they are always dangerous. Your lineup is just flat out scary.

Good game. I'm flying right now, didn't catch the whole thing, but saw the first few innings. Murph performing well again. This'll be a close series I think. Good luck tomorrow

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

 

Good game. I'm flying right now, didn't catch the whole thing, but saw the first few innings. Murph performing well again. This'll be a close series I think. Good luck tomorrow

Yeah as usual the first Inning gave us problems. You guys have a great team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brewers won so our lead is down to .5 at 57-51, Brewers are 58-53. This part of our schedule is really brutal. After the Nats we play the Giants so should get a break there. Still need to win tomorrow to stop the bleeding. Cards keep losing so they haven't made up any ground and are still 4.5 back. Pirates are 4.5 back as well. I will say this, Daniel Murphy is our daddy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So far so good. Cubs lead 4-3 going to the Bottom of the 5th but as we know our BullPen is shaky. I am sure when the 6th rolls around Maddon will go with the BullPen, Lackey looks like he's out of gas but he got through 5 Innings. The Nats lineup is very scary, everytime someone comes up I think it's going to be a Hit. That is how I felt when we played the Cards too. It's puzzling to me why the Cards haven't got it together, they have a lot of talent. I am also puzzled that the Cubs haven't been more consistent this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs win 7-4! Man that was a huge win, have to maintain the Division lead over the BrewCrew. Cubs now 58-51, BrewCrew at 58-53 as they play at Tampa tonight. Cards and Pirates both are now 5 back as of right now at 53-56. If the season ended today, the Nats and Cubs would play in the Divisional Round = #2 vs #3. That would be real entertaining.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 7-4! Man that was a huge win, have to maintain the Division lead over the BrewCrew. Cubs now 58-51, BrewCrew at 58-53 as they play at Tampa tonight. Cards and Pirates both are now 5 back as of right now at 53-56. If the season ended today, the Nats and Cubs would play in the Divisional Round = #2 vs #3. That would be real entertaining.

Got us that time. Cubs played a very well game today. Wish EJax could have given us more than 5 innings. Let's see who takes the series tomorrow.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Got us that time. Cubs played a very well game today. Wish EJax could have given us more than 5 innings. Let's see who takes the series tomorrow.

Nats pretty much have their Division locked up. Cubs needed this more today. I couldn't even look when Harper came up with 2 on in the 9th lmao. Glad we got him out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nats pretty much have their Division locked up. Cubs needed this more today. I couldn't even look when Harper came up with 2 on in the 9th lmao. Glad we got him out.

 

FTFY ("fixed that for you"). haha

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man what is wrong with Carl Edwards, he has stunk lately! We just blew a 4-1 lead. It's 4-4.

He's lost his mojo...make that 8-4 after he just hit a batter scoring a run the let's the next batter hit a grand slam. Disgusted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOZER said:

He's lost his mojo...make that 8-4 after he just hit a batter scoring a run the let's the next batter hit a grand slam. Disgusted.

Yeah Edwards had been really reliable over the last year or 2, now he is walking everyone and giving up HR's, etc.. He may need to be sent down? At least the Brewers lost but we have problems we need to figure out quickly or there will be no Repeat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cards won so they will now be 3.5 back, Brewers did lose so Cubs still in 1st by .5. Cubs need to sweep the Giants starting tomorrow, they are a Bad team so we need to take advantage of playing them. Nats have a damn Great Offense, no lead is ever safe playing them. Our BullPen has been a big problem all season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards won so they will now be 3.5 back, Brewers did lose so Cubs still in 1st by .5. Cubs need to sweep the Giants starting tomorrow, they are a Bad team so we need to take advantage of playing them. Nats have a damn Great Offense, no lead is ever safe playing them. Our BullPen has been a big problem all season.

 

Nothing to worry about. The Cubs will get to play and beat the Brewers. They don't have to play the top teams anymore. Do the Cubs have to play the Dodgers or the Nats again?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

No worries. The Cubs will get to play and beat the Brewers. They don't have to play the top teams anymore. Do the Cubs have to play the Dodgers or the Nats again?

No which is good. Our schedule has been rough lately so you make a great point. Arizona is Very Good and we just played them so done with them too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Nothing to worry about. The Cubs will get to play and beat the Brewers. They don't have to play the top teams anymore. Do the Cubs have to play the Dodgers or the Nats again?

I just looked at the Cubs schedule and we play teams like the Giants, Reds several times, and Phillies so it is favorable. We still have the Brewers several times too. Brewers are Good but not real scary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just looked at the Cubs schedule and we play teams like the Giants, Reds several times, and Phillies so it is favorable. We still have the Brewers several times too. Brewers are Good but not real scary.

 

Yep, that is why I said you should not worry about that too much. Worry about the Colts :hide:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

Yep, that is why I said you should not worry about that too much. Worry about the Colts :hide:

I worry about Andrew's health, if he is healthy the Colts schedule actually looks favorable this season LOL. 10-6 with a healthy Andrew and better Defense is possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

We have a visitor. Welcome Rock!

Yeah I pop in here time to time because I find a lot of the convos interesting lol. Not a huge baseball fan but I don't mind reading what is going on in the sport and stuff like that haha

 

I wish Indy had a MLB team. I may get into it more if we did. We have the Indians as a minor league team.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah I pop in here time to time because I find a lot of the convos interesting lol. Not a huge baseball fan but I don't mind reading what is going on in the sport and stuff like that haha

 

I wish Indy had a MLB team. I may get into it more if we did. We have the Indians as a minor league team.

If you want to get away from bickering, this is the place to come. Most of us get along very well. Nice to have you here. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah I pop in here time to time because I find a lot of the convos interesting lol. Not a huge baseball fan but I don't mind reading what is going on in the sport and stuff like that haha

 

I wish Indy had a MLB team. I may get into it more if we did. We have the Indians as a minor league team.

I used to go to a lot of Indians games when I was younger, they were the best Triple A team around in the late 80's. Yeah we don't have a team but Chicago is my team, I chose them as a young kid because they are close to Indy. Most around here either like the Reds or Cubs, some like the Cards as well. It's a Midwest thing because we have no team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...