Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have noticed 2 things this season the Cubs are doing that they didn't do last season. They are leaving a ton of guys on base and their starting Pitching fades in either the 4th or 5th Innings. It seems to happen a lot.

Thats very true.  Expect it again today.... I am not a Butler fan to begin with, but I bet he peters out just like you said.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Two deep postseason runs can do that

True, Kris Bryant said an interview yesterday that the team was a bit tired and other teams are just better this season = (teams are just bringing their A game vs the Cubs now because they are the Champs). Yeah it's been a Great 2 year run, NLCS and WS win.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't like our rotation at all. To me Montgomery isn't a starter, Butler is Average at best.

I am with ya there.  Pitching has been nothing short of lackluster this year.

I can see what Chris is saying in regard to other teams playing their best against the Cubs and I suppose they probably are a bit tired.  Doesn't seem to slow the Patriots down at all.  It is different in terms of season length I know, but football is harder on your body.... probably not a good comparison.  That part of his comment just seems a bit strange to me.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

I can see what Chris is saying in regard to other teams playing their best against the Cubs and I suppose they probably are a bit tired.  Doesn't seem to slow the Patriots down at all.  It is different in terms of season length I know, but football is harder on your body.... probably not a good comparison.  That part of his comment just seems a bit strange to me.

Yeah, Baseball is just a long season and they play everyday. Due to the deep Playoff runs the last 2 years I see why he said it. He also said he was surprised at how good the Brewers were but complimented that team and their lineup. He was saying how the Brewers were having fun and playing pressure free/just having fun.

3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

The NFL is quite a bit different do to the substitution patterns and if you look outside of the Core players the Patriots have had their sucess with different players every time

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The NFL is quite a bit different do to the substitution patterns and if you look outside of the Core players the Patriots have had their sucess with different players every time

I know.  For me it would be hard to say I am tired.  The non stop twelve hour shifts (is it Jay?) would make me tired... not so sure about playing baseball for three hours a day.  So not to be argumentative at all but they do PLAY baseball for a living.  Lol

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The NFL is brutal on the body but Baseball is more taxing mentally and still even tough physically, these guys play nearly everyday for 6 months = 162 games, in the Cubs case 7 months for the last 2 years.

Just now, BR-549 said:

I know.  For me it would be hard to say I am tired.  The non stop twelve hour shifts (is it Jay?) would make me tired... not so sure about playing baseball for three hours a day.  So not to be argumentative at all but they do PLAY baseball for a living.  Lol

Not saying you were but Just pointing out the difference it is kinda like comparing apple to oranges

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The NFL is brutal on the body but Baseball is more taxing mentally and still even tough physically, these guys play nearly everyday for 6 months = 162 games, in the Cubs case 7 months for the last 2 years.

I would let the "tired" thing go.   It kinda sounds like a bad excuse. 

I think it is just that the Cubs are not playing great.  

Just now, Myles said:

I would let the "tired" thing go.   It kinda sounds like a bad excuse. 

I think it is just that the Cubs are not playing great.  

I agree, I assume the team is a bit tired but it is definitely not a great excuse. There is a reason though why a team hasn't Repeated since 2000 which was a Dynasty team in the Yankees that did it. Cubs have played Average this season and I cant sugarcoat it. .500 is Average.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not saying you were but Just pointing out the difference it is kinda like comparing apple to oranges

Oh I know PT.... I just wanted to convey attitude and let you know I was not disagreeing but making light of the fact they play a game for a living.  

I know very well having played both sports how it can work on you.  My shoulders and right elbow (pitching) and knees and hips are all worn out and I am only 49.  Obviously I didn't play at their level.

Thats why I said it probably wasn't the best comparison in the first post.  All good here friend.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I assume the team is a bit tired but it is definitely not a great excuse. There is a reason though why a team hasn't Repeated since 2000 which was a Dynasty team in the Yankees that did it. Cubs have played Average this season and I cant sugarcoat it. .500 is Average.

Maybe tired isn't the right description.... maybe it is lack of hunger having gone as far as they did the past two years.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Oh I know PT.... I just wanted to convey attitude and let you know I was not disagreeing but making light of the fact they play a game for a living.  

I know very well having played both sports how it can work on you.  My shoulders and right elbow (pitching) and knees and hips are all worn out and I am only 49.  Obviously I didn't play at their level.

Thats why I said it probably wasn't the best comparison in the first post.  All good here friend.

I only played FB but coached both FB and SB

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bryant Triples home a Run, Rizzo with a 2 Run HR, now Kyle with a Double. Great job so far guys. Butler didn't last 5 Innings but Edwards did good in the 5th.

Rizzo is a tough out... I wish Kyle could get back on pace consistently.  Lets hope this is the start of a streak for him

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's raining again

It has not stopped here since the ground thawed out... but really it is still pouring- no TV.  I hate Direct TV and Dish etc.  Used to have cable which solves the rain fade problem but I can't get Colts games unless they are primetime or against Bengals or if Cinci is playing the NFC and plays at 4 blah blah blah... its all a ripoff.  

Can you tell Im *?

I gave up and started working on my guitar project again.  I will stay tuned to ya'll for updates.

Mets play the Cards this weekend. If we win a game it will be tonight with Jacob deGrom pitching for the Mets. Jay's team will go with their best pitcher tonight. 

Hopefully the Mets will give me a birthday present and win at least one game this weekend.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets too.

Hi NFLfan.... hope you had a good week and looking forward to a good weekend.  I have some family coming over from Indiana to visit next week so I am using this weekend to prepare for that.  I am pretty fired up about it.  A cousin and his wife from Sheridan who I haven't seen for about 6 years now.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Mets play the Cards this weekend. If we win a game it will be tonight with Jacob deGrom pitching for the Mets. Jay's team will go with their best pitcher tonight. 

Hopefully the Mets will give me a birthday present and win at least one game this weekend.

Of... dad gone it.  Forgot about your Bday.  Happy birthday!!!! (belated or on time or ?)  :  )

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's sunny now lmao. Indianapolis is strange. 10 minutes ago I thought a Tornado was coming, now it's calm and sunny.

That is what happened in NYC. I took the day off but it was pouring outside. So I stayed home. It is sunny now and will go out tonight. I am hoping for good weather tomorrow. They predicted rain for tomorrow; so, we changed plans. I was really looking forward to relaxing and celebrating along the Hudson. 

5 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Of... dad gone it.  Forgot about your Bday.  Happy birthday!!!! (belated or on time or ?)  :  )

Thank you. It's tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Hi NFLfan.... hope you had a good week and looking forward to a good weekend.  I have some family coming over from Indiana to visit next week so I am using this weekend to prepare for that.  I am pretty fired up about it.  A cousin and his wife from Sheridan who I haven't seen for about 6 years now.

I hope you have a wonderful time. There is nothing better than spending quality time with family and loved ones. Enjoy!!

Archived