Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

I guess I'm spoiled , been following Cards and baseball in general for like 53 years. Over the years they have had teams that didn't have great records , it wasn't from a lack of trying and they didn't throw games away they just got beat. Anyone can lose from not having great pitching or great hitters and that's understandable . But when you blow games from lack of concentration and fundamentals I have a serious problem with that. People or Fans pay hard earned money to be able to watch these games , I for one expect more.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NFLfan said:

Wow. Again? Sorry to hear that Jay. 

Yeah that sucks. I have been getting that a lot lately too. I guess when you get older it starts happening. I still have my mom and dad and step-dad but over the last 5 years I have lost a grandma on my dad's side, an uncle, a cousin, and one of my best friends just lost his mom recently, another lost his dad about a year ago. It's to the point where I am funeral'd out!

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that sucks. I have been getting that a lot lately too. I guess when you get older it starts happening. I still have my mom and dad and step-dad but over the last 5 years I have lost a grandma on my dad's side, an uncle, a cousin, and one of my best friends just lost his mom recently, another lost his dad about a year ago. It's to the point where I am funeral'd out!

Sorry about that, my friend. That is why it is important to cherish your time with loved ones and friends. Be there for each other.  

My mom is almost 80. She goes to funerals all the time. She has a lot of friends and she is very loyal. It seems that every Saturday she is attending a funeral or helping someone who has to prepare for one.... My stepfather passed away 10 years ago on D-Day. :(

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Gonna watch the first hour or so of this Cubs game then have to crash. Have to be into work at 5am and work a 12 LOL. I am off Sunday though which is huge and it will be like that during Football season as well. I hope the Cubs can blow this open early so I can sleep in peace.

Rest up. You need it. See you around this weekend. 

35 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry about that, my friend. That is why it is important to cherish your time with loved ones and friends. Be there for each other.  

My mom is almost 80. She goes to funerals all the time. She has a lot of friends and she is very loyal. It seems that every Saturday she is attending a funeral or helping someone who has to prepare for one.... My stepfather passed away 10 years ago on D-Day. :(

Thanks, so far 0-0 Cubs/Reds through 3. I am still gonna watch for a few then it will be nighty night.

Yeah I didn't miss anything by going to bed, it ended up 5-0 and of course the Brewers won as well. I called that. At least this is an easy day at work unlike last weekend so I can chat a little here today to kill time. The Cubs have a lot of problems and everytime I think they are going to start rolling they lay an egg like last night. After today we will be half way through the season and if the Cubs lose they will be below .500. Currently 40-40 now.

40-41 at the midway point and 3 games out of 1st in the NL Central behind the mighty 44-39 Brewers. I have to say I am bit stunned with this record. I predicted and knew the Cubs wouldn't come close to 103 wins, I think I said 95 but 40-41 so far? That is a head scratcher! Yeah there is a lot of time in a very winnable Division but I am not sure the Cubs will improve that much. I keep seeing the same problems repeat themselves every game. You would think by now this wouldn't be happening but the starting rotation for the most part keeps giving up a lot of runs in the mid Innings (like in the 4th and 5th) and when they don't the BullPen finds a way to blow it. It keeps repeating itself. As much as I love Jake, I am even starting to wonder if we haven't seen the best of him. Maybe he has peaked = 2015 and 2016? Lackey is an aging Pitcher too with control problems. Not sure what this 2nd Half of the season will bring but so far I am seeing an Average Baseball team here.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they have looked good so far vs Washington. Everytime I think the Cubs are on the verge I get slapped with a loss to teams like the Padres and Reds lmao 

I just don't get the Cubs. I really don't. They better get it together soon. We're now three months into the season and they're still struggling. I gave them a pass for two months. However, three months is too much

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I just don't get the Cubs. I really don't. They better get it together soon. We're now three months into the season and they're still struggling. I gave them a pass for two months. However, three months is too much

I agree, I am a bit worried but before I really panic I want to see how July plays out. I just don't like the inconsistent play I am seeing. Last season the Cubs were focused, they look content this year now that they won it all.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I am a bit worried but before I really panic I want to see how July plays out. I just don't like the inconsistent play I am seeing. Last season the Cubs were focused, they look content this year now that they won it all.

And that's not a good mindset. When you have the same players coming back from a championship winning team, the goal should always be to win another championship

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

And that's not a good mindset. When you have the same players coming back from a championship winning team, the goal should always be to win another championship

I agree 100%. Last season was obviously a special season winning 103 games and the WS so I didn't expect the Cubs to dominate like that again but anything short of winning 90 games and at least the Division would be puzzling when you have guys like Bryant, Rizzo, Jake, Lester.

I agree 100%. Last season was obviously a special season winning 103 games and the WS so I didn't expect the Cubs to dominate like that again but anything short of winning anything short of 90 games and the at least the Division would be puzzling when you guys like Bryant, Rizzo, Jake, Lester.

They've for sure been puzzling. Astros look like the class of MLB right now though. Holy hell are they good

I agree 100%. Last season was obviously a special season winning 103 games and the WS so I didn't expect the Cubs to dominate like that again but anything short of winning anything short of 90 games and the at least the Division would be puzzling when you guys like Bryant, Rizzo, Jake, Lester.

The Cubs or the Cards may still win the division even without winning 90 games. Now, if you were in the West, it would be over. 

Archived