Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. It's tomorrow. 

I hope you have a wonderful time. There is nothing better than spending quality time with family and loved ones. Enjoy!!

Thanks NFLfan, I need it!!

Hope I didn't burn you out on my updates.  Just having fun whilst rebuilding my late father's guitar for my nephew.  Finally got the rest of the parts today.... cheers my friend.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs won, back to .500 at 43-43. Bryant with 2 HR's. Also Happy Birthday NFLfan.

Good for him for nailing two.  Makes you feel good to contribute like that.  Just need some more players to step up a little now.... I hope after the break that they get their heads together and re-commit for the rest of the season.  Just needed to hang around till now or so and they certainly did that even if it was a bit boring.

GO CUBS

3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Thanks NFLfan, I need it!!

Hope I didn't burn you out on my updates.  Just having fun whilst rebuilding my late father's guitar for my nephew.  Finally got the rest of the parts today.... cheers my friend.

No, not at all. Thank you!

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I would not call most Cubs fans "bandwagon fans". When they were losing, they seemed to have loyal fans everywhere.

I was surprised then to see that the Cubs did not get more than one player on the All Star team. The only guy on the team is a pitcher who was not with the team last year. One would think that as many  Cubs fans as there are and following a championship, there would be more Cubs players on the team. I was surprised Bryant was not voted in. 

There were many bandwagon fans , I seen them they couldn't have gave a hoot about baseball until Cubs were in the series , fare weather fans . This in no way detracts from the large loyal following they always had. But its very evident with all the overstocked Cub merchandise in the stores they are going to eat lol

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

There were many bandwagon fans , I seen them they couldn't have gave a hoot about baseball until Cubs were in the series , fare weather fans . This in no way detracts from the large loyal following they always had. But its very evident with all the overstocked Cub merchandise in the stores they are going to eat lol

Call me a bandwagon fan then because come August it is football for me

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

By the way NFL Happy Birthday in case I don't catch you tomorrow . May it be a blessed one.

Thank you, my friend. I probably won't be around much tomorrow. Hopefully the rain stays away. It rained on and off here, at times heavily. 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Call me a bandwagon fan then because come August it is football for me

Me too. Actually, as soon as training camp starts, it is football for me, but I won't abandon baseball.

10-0 Pirates in the 1st Inning, man this is unbelievable. Lester with the worst 1st Inning I have ever seen. I am starting to believe the Cubs don't have it this year. They will be 43-45 at the All-Star break and just have shown no signs of being a Good team this year. They are an Average team this year with some really puzzling losses. Pirates look like the 1927 Yankees. The Haters have to be loving this. This has been a frustrating season so far but to keep things in perspective Cubs just did win the WS and are still the World Champs until October anyway.

IMO it's the Brewers Division to lose going into the break.

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

IMG_0457.JPG

This happens a lot in Baseball unfortunately. There is a reason why there hasn't been a Repeat Champion since 2000. Yeah there is still a long way to go but I am starting to think this isn't our year. I am ok with it if it isn't, we just won the WS so we have that in our back pocket. The jinxes are over and nobody can call us losers anymore. Going into the All-Star break I think it's the Brewers Division to lose. We will see how they handle that pressure. The door is wide open for the Dodgers IMO to win the WS with the Cubs and Cards down a bit and the Nats always choke in the Playoffs + the Giants are out of it already. Dodgers just beat the Nats last season in the Playoffs with the same teams. The Astros look damn Great right now in the AL but this is the first season they have played like this with this core of players. They could be like the Nats come Playoff time :dunno:

4 best teams record wise since the 1980 Season to win the WS have been the 1998Yankees at 114-48, 1986Mets at 108-54, 1984Tigers at 104-58, and the 2016Cubs at 103-58. Who would win it all for best team over the last 40 years? (those teams have the best records to win it since 1977 FWIW so it's going back 4 decades - 40 years). That would be pretty cool to watch, you would have the 1998Yankees vs the 1984Tigers in the ALCS. In the NLCS, you would have the 1986Mets vs the 2016Cubs. Magnum could put his Tigers hat back on lmao 

Cards finish up on winning note before break. I'm impressed with these young players from AAA Memphis , they came up and took off right where they left the minors putting up numbers. Will be interesting with deadline on the horizon , if the club parts ways with some vets to gain experienced pitching. IMO they can afford to do just that. Should become very interesting in the near future. Is Matheny and Linquist safe ? I don't know , but if I were calling the shots they would have more than plenty to worry about . To me those 2 are probably fully responsible for at least 10 losses , and you cant have that in this league. When it comes to Linquist following Dave Duncan not an easy task as Matheny following Tony , but it is what it is. I know and communicate with many long time fans and I'm not alone in my thoughts. 

10 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards finish up on winning note before break. I'm impressed with these young players from AAA Memphis , they came up and took off right where they left the minors putting up numbers. Will be interesting with deadline on the horizon , if the club parts ways with some vets to gain experienced pitching. IMO they can afford to do just that. Should become very interesting in the near future. Is Matheny and Linquist safe ? I don't know , but if I were calling the shots they would have more than plenty to worry about . To me those 2 are probably fully responsible for at least 10 losses , and you cant have that in this league. When it comes to Linquist following Dave Duncan not an easy task as Matheny following Tony , but it is what it is. I know and communicate with many long time fans and I'm not alone in my thoughts. 

Man, I am torn.   I really don't want the Cardinals to be "buyers" this season.    From what I've read, any deal they make would have to include Alex Reyes or Carson Kelly.  I really like both of those guys and would like to see them next year.    Winning the division is our only hope for the playoffs (Wild Card I think is out of reach).  With a trade, I would still guess the Cardinals would only have like a 25% chance of getting past the Cubs and the Brewers.  

I would agree that maybe they shouldn't be "sellers", but hopefully they are not "buyers" either.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Man, I am torn.   I really don't want the Cardinals to be "buyers" this season.    From what I've read, any deal they make would have to include Alex Reyes or Carson Kelly.  I really like both of those guys and would like to see them next year.    Winning the division is our only hope for the playoffs (Wild Card I think is out of reach).  With a trade, I would still guess the Cardinals would only have like a 25% chance of getting past the Cubs and the Brewers.  

I would agree that maybe they shouldn't be "sellers", but hopefully they are not "buyers" either.  

The Cards will not part ways with Reyes or Kelly under any circumstance , and in case you haven't noticed the Cards are tied with Cubs as we speak. The Cards can afford to let Carpenter Pisscotty and Grichuck go if need be , more than plenty to replace them and in my opinion will be better off. Look for Cards to be aggressive. They have all the money they need to be buyers.

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Cards will not part ways with Reyes or Kelly under any circumstance , and in case you haven't noticed the Cards are tied with Cubs as we speak. The Cards can afford to let Carpenter Pisscotty and Grichuck go if need be , more than plenty to replace them and in my opinion will be better off. Look for Cards to be aggressive. They have all the money they need to be buyers.

Yep tied with the Cubs and 5.5 games behind the Brewers.   Not an easy task by any means.   I would stick with my 25% chance number.   If the Cards can get value in return for Carpenter, Piscotty or Grichuck, I'm all for it.   However from the reading I have done on Bleacher Report and other sites, they don't have value.   They talked about the Cards wanting to put Wong in the deal, but his huge salary and poor defense won't let it happen.  

I also have to wonder if they would throw Lynn out there since he is a free agent after the season.  

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yep tied with the Cubs and 5.5 games behind the Brewers.   Not an easy task by any means.   I would stick with my 25% chance number.   If the Cards can get value in return for Carpenter, Piscotty or Grichuck, I'm all for it.   However from the reading I have done on Bleacher Report and other sites, they don't have value.   They talked about the Cards wanting to put Wong in the deal, but his huge salary and poor defense won't let it happen.  

I also have to wonder if they would throw Lynn out there since he is a free agent after the season.  

Highly unlikely on Lynn , however don't run to the bank with bleacher report . I would like to see Flaherty brought up from Memphis , talented kid. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, NFLfan said:

Me too. Actually, as soon as training camp starts, it is football for me, but I won't abandon baseball.

Same here love Football and Training camp. Love watching preseason games as well , looking at new talent . Should be very interesting for the Colts.

Archived