Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watch A Top OL Tonight

King Colt

23 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Watch how much time Dak Prescott has to work behind the Dallas front line tonight. Watch also the holes the Dallas OL opens for the RBs. Then watch what Luck has to do in order to survive in their game Sunday. The difference is night and day.

Aspiring for what the Dallas OL provides is not reasonable at this point in time, we have to do what we need to do with the play calling and quick QB releases to mitigate our OL issues. Luck is not the only QB with OL issues, the Colts are not the only team with OL issues and outside maybe the Cowboys, Raiders, even the Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos and Packers have OL issues. The ones we have would have to play better, that is the best we can do this season. Just being realistic. 

The two big factors of play calling and QB holding on to the ball have to be addressed to minimize our OL issues, no two ways about it.

I may be naïve but I believe that our O-line will be a lot better next season if we can stay healthy and once they get to play a few more games together. Everything that I have read says that it takes a couple of years to see significant improvement with an O-line. I read somewhere(not sure where) that the Dallas line was not very good when they started out.

Getting a Dallas level OL is a lot easier said then done.

That's like saying "Why don't we just have the Seahawks defense"  Again way easier said then done.

1 hour ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

I may be naïve but I believe that our O-line will be a lot better next season if we can stay healthy and once they get to play a few more games together. Everything that I have read says that it takes a couple of years to see significant improvement with an O-line. I read somewhere(not sure where) that the Dallas line was not very good when they started out.

Dallas OL has always been good this season.  They've done it by putting a lot of high round picks and Le'el Collins (who would have been a 1st round pick if not for that sudden murder investigation right before the draft.)

That said I think there is a good reason to believe that we will have a better OL.  We're playing 2 rookies on the OL.  Typically rookies see a huge improvement in their play their 2nd year.  No guarantees.  But if Ryan Kelly has a bunch of improvement in his 2nd year he'll be a clear pro-bowler.  And Haeg could potentially make for a decent RT.  If that's the case, only remaining problem spot is RG.  

Then there is also the hope that Clarke could improve enough to a level that he can play.  I'm not holding out too much hope for him because of how much they have avoided playing him this season.  But it's a possiblity.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Aspiring for what the Dallas OL provides is not reasonable at this point in time, we have to do what we need to do with the play calling and quick QB releases to mitigate our OL issues. Luck is not the only QB with OL issues, the Colts are not the only team with OL issues and outside maybe the Cowboys, Raiders, even the Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos and Packers have OL issues. The ones we have would have to play better, that is the best we can do this season. Just being realistic. 

The two big factors of play calling and QB holding on to the ball have to be addressed to minimize our OL issues, no two ways about it.

Yep. If every team had a great OL well.........

NE doesn't have a good OL but they do benefit from a great OL coach. At times Brady is protected and other times he's thrown to the dirt.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Luck is not the only QB with OL issues, the Colts are not the only team with OL issues and outside maybe the Cowboys, Raiders, even the Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos and Packers have OL issues. 

But Luck is the only QB with OL issues that are like night and day. Heck I would trade the Colts OL for the Packers, Pats or Seahawks OLs on a good day straight up.

8 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

But Luck is the only QB with OL issues that are like night and day. Heck I would trade the Colts OL for the Packers, Pats or Seahawks OLs on a good day straight up.

I strongly disagree. My contention is the OL issues are exacerbated by the play calling and QB holding the ball. While the ceiling may not be high for this OL, you cannot operate like you have more than 3 seconds to hold the ball consistently. 

Rodgers, Wilson and Idk how many different quarterbacks for the Pats now have had days to throw the ball on days that the OL played well and there has been more than 1 day this year for all of those teams. Heck the Packers OL "issues" are merely excuses for the Rodgers fanboys at this point. Their OL has been great besides the Vikings game way back in week 2.

4 hours ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

Possibly. Our top 10 pick this year will hopefully help.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Possibly. Our top 10 pick this year will hopefully help.

Hate to break this to you but we aren't getting a top 10 pick. We will likely be 8-8 like last year and end up smack dab in the middle of the pack....Chuck may quietly be turning into Mr. 500 himself...the next Jeff Fisher....of course I think at least Chuck knows the names of the running backs on the opposing team at least....I think at this point Fisher is just begging to be let go.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

I strongly disagree. My contention is the OL issues are exacerbated by the play calling and QB holding the ball. While the ceiling may not be high for this OL, you cannot operate like you have more than 3 seconds to hold the ball consistently. 

Seems like there is somebody breaking down on a very high % of the plays.  :thmup:
 And Andrew has Proven he Loves the deep ball!!!

I only got to watch the 4th Qtr. The Dallas OL was good. They didn't win every battle on every play but that was just because they were playing an exceptional DL. 

Now the Vikings OL...I mean what the actual ******!!!!!! Bradford will get blamed for that last pass and all but it was no thanks to his OL. Atleast the Colts can say they have an OL better than 1 team.

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I only got to watch the 4th Qtr. The Dallas OL was good. They didn't win every battle on every play but that was just because they were playing an exceptional DL. 

Now the Vikings OL...I mean what the actual ******!!!!!! Bradford will get blamed for that last pass and all but it was no thanks to his OL. Atleast the Colts can say they have an OL better than 1 team.

But when the Colts play the Vikings, the defense won't record any sacks haha