Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marc Trestman Should Be Our Next Oc

chad72

Marc Trestman, that Ryan Grigson recently interviewed, has an impressive resume. Look at the numbers his NFL QBs put up, before the pass friendly rules were in place. Impressive indeed. He should be the guy grooming a young QB like Luck since he has been QB coach in several places, RB coach too, and OC for several NFL teams before going back to college and is now with the CFL.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Marc_Trestman

Thoughts???

Whoever it is I just want someone with a history of working and developing young QBs. I was really hoping that Norv Turner would get fired and we could try and get him as our OC. Say what you want about him as a head coach the guy is a very good OC. He is like the offensive version of Wade Phillips.

Nothing about CC really makes me want him to be around or trying to develop Luck. He did not do a great job getting Painter ready or working towards his skill sets. Clyde will probably have Luck out there throwing the ball at the same rate as Painter was and show no signs of changing.

Trestman or Hue Jackson should be the top 2 guys on the list to bring in. Both are great at working with younger QBs. If Peyton returns and Irsay wants to keep CC as the OC, I still think bringing one of these 2 guys in to be the QB coach of Luck would be wise!!

Going from a successful head coach in the CFL to a OC in the NFL, is that a promotion OR demotion?

Big fish in a small pond or medium fish in a big pond??? I don't know, it would be all about perspective, I guess, and the Benjamins too :).

Big fish in a small pond or medium fish in a big pond??? I don't know, it would be all about perspective, I guess, and the Benjamins too :).

Not to mention the fact that if Pagano doesnt do as well as we all hope, that Trestman could get promoted to HC. never know.

Going from a successful head coach in the CFL to a OC in the NFL, is that a promotion OR demotion?

Its a demotion..although dan makes a good point about the future

I'd love to hear a strong arguement for Trestman to make to him to come here...

He's been an offensive co-ordinator in the NFL..

How can we convince him to want to step back and do it again?

Its a demotion..although dan makes a good point about the future

I'd love to hear a strong arguement for Trestman to make to him to come here...

He's been an offensive co-ordinator in the NFL..

How can we convince him to want to step back and do it again?

Easy... $$$$$$

I agree, I would like to see Trestman come in as the OC. Not sure he would do it considering it would be a demotion(in title) although be it in a superior league. I really didn't know a heck of a lot about him till the last week and after reading his resume and credentials, I think he would be a good fit.

Marc Trestman, that Ryan Grigson recently interviewed, has an impressive resume. Look at the numbers his NFL QBs put up, before the pass friendly rules were in place. Impressive indeed. He should be the guy grooming a young QB like Luck since he has been QB coach in several places, RB coach too, and OC for several NFL teams before going back to college and is now with the CFL.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Marc_Trestman

Thoughts???

I was thinking the same thing. And OC in the NFL has to be considered a step up from HC in the CFL doesn't it?

he's banked some cash...

he wont get paid here what he got paid in Canada.....

..and he has made good cash.....he may not be motivated by money.

What's the arguement for a head coach to come to Indy to be an assistant...

Work with Andrew Luck. A franchise dedicated to winning. He has to think if he works with Luck and Pags fixes the D then it'll be a winning franchise. Winning leads to job opportunities. If he wants to be a head coach in the NFL he'll likely have to go this route. Plus, with a D-minded coach it seems like the offense would be all his!!

People can keep throwing out names for OC but we still haven't fired Christensen. It could be the Colts are planning on bringing him back. Frankly if the Colts are going to fire him I would expect it happen in the next day or two other wise that probably means Pagano has decided to keep him.