Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It starts at the top, Irsay sucks

YourNextGM

4 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

You should hear my father hate on luck. It's kinda hard to listen too sometimes. I realize the frustration but to be completely honest with this being the first 100 yard rushing game, which wouldn't have happened if we didn't go into overtime, says a lot. 

no running game, no oline, no pass rush for the last 5 years, and every time luck holds onto the ball for a little bit too long it's like his brain explodes and he gets angry. It is a little bit funny but more like dude he's not super man. He's not Peyton manning who had a staff who HELPED him devolope and not hinder. So many variables including you're a little spoiled watching the GOAT for 14 seasons straight. Perspective is everything I understand that, and you can't expect luck to make the perfect throw, or perfect decision every single play. 

Another thing im tired of hearing is "HIGHEST PAID QB!" yeah. He's highest paid, and who made him that offer? Did Andrew say, I won't play for less than highest paid QB? For some reason I highly doubt this. 

So at the end of the day, you have a QB who has gotten his brains knocked out for the last 5 years, who has coaches that are just as undisciplined as their players are, and you expect him to make just as few mistakes as Peyton manning. The guy who had a GREAT offensive staff, and decent oline to start his career? I'm starting to think everyone just hates the team in general. I don't. I just hate the coaches and GM. Not that there is anyone better available but I'm starting to wonder if anyone would be better. Bring in herb brooks from the US Olympic team! He would make them work!

no sense is made today. 

Tell your pops to post here,  we need more like him.  Every Andrew Luck mistake is costing us points,  and nobody wants to criticize him. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Irsay is part of the problem, and he's the only one who can fix it. 

Irsay needs to admit he made a mistake by keeping Bert and Ernie and rectify it. Pagano/Grigson will run the team further into the ground this year and then Irsay can hand the better draft position to some people who actually know what they're doing after he fires this two-headed inept "monster". 

Bert and Ernie may be able to do a better job.

2 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

Tell your pops to post here,  we need more like him.  Every Andrew Luck mistake is costing us points,  and nobody wants to criticize him. 

Luck has his faults, and plenty of people are willing to hold him accountable for them, but he also has zero margin for error. Any decent NFL team should be able to overcome ONE mistake by their QB. Yes, he made a big mistake last night when he threw that pick at the end of the first half, but he was also responsible for the 14 point lead that was gift wrapped for the defense with less than 4 minutes in regulation. All they had to do was not give up 2 scores at the end of the game.

2 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

Yes, if more and more people complain about his play on a message board he'll see it and definitely play better. It's genius!

Luck deserves his fair share of criticism, but he can't be perfect all of the time. The defense gave up 6.2 yards a carry from the Texans running backs last night. Every time Lamar Miller touched the ball it seemed like it was a first down.

Blame should go towards Luck, sure, but holy crap that's a bad defense :groan:

14 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Thanks. I was thinking it would take a miracle once the score was 23-9...I hope this game brings Brock's confidence back up. It was a much needed win no doubt.

Brock is the real deal. Definitely outplayed Luck at the end of this game in the clutch. Hope Brock can beat his former team and rub it in Elway's face for giving him the boot. This win should bring the Texans back to life, their season isn't over yet. 

3 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Brock is the real deal. Definitely outplayed Luck at the end of this game in the clutch. Hope Brock can beat his former team and rub it in Elway's face for giving him the boot. This win should bring the Texans back to life, their season isn't over yet. 

Brock is definitely not the real deal. He only played well when we had all our injuries late in the game. The Texans had their full squad out there and we were already down our second corner and lost our third corner and best safety. Before they went out he looked awful like he has all season.

5 minutes ago, Bogie said:

No he's not, and no he didn't. 

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Brock is definitely not the real deal. He only played well when we had all our injuries late in the game. The Texans had their full squad out there and we were already down our second corner and lost our third corner and best safety. Before they went out he looked awful like he has all season.

I agree overall although I don't remember Will Fuller being out there.   Think he would have made some difference.   Brock is nothing special for sure though.  We should have put more heat on him I feel.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

You just lost to Brock playing lights out. If anything, that 4th quarter comeback sold him. 

It's not about stats, it's about wins. His numbers were ugly, but he came up in the clutch and totally out-performed Luck in the end. 

You just lost to him...For all the hate bashing Brock gets on this forum, it seems fitting that you have to watch him come up big against your team. Blame it on bad defense or whatever, but he came up when it mattered. 

10 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I'll be watching that game for sure. I would love to see him prove Elway wrong. Plus I just can't stand the Broncos anymore lol. 

1 minute ago, Bogie said:

You just lost to Brock playing lights out. If anything, that 4th quarter comeback sold him. 

It's not about stats, it's about wins. His numbers were ugly, but he came up in the clutch and totally out-performed Luck in the end. 

You just lost to him...For all the hate bashing Brock gets on this forum, it seems fitting that you have to watch him come up big against your team. Blame it on bad defense or whatever, but he came up when it mattered. 

Lights out and Brock should not even be in the same sentence. He wasn't clutch the Colts D and coaches are just that bad. 

10 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Texans suffered some injuries before this game too. Demps, KJ, Johnathan Joseph. We had to call up Nelson (the guy who got the pick)from the practice squad and our defense stepped up when it mattered, as they've been forced to do with Watt out. 

1 minute ago, esmort said:

Lights out and Brock should not even be in the same sentence. He wasn't clutch the Colts D and coaches are just that bad. 

Oh, the Colts defense is bad when they lost to QB's that you don't like? 

Had that been Luck beating a bad defense, this forum would be going off how he's the best QB now. 

Brock's 4th quarter numbers and OT speak for themselves. Yes, LIGHTS OUT. He delivered in the clutch when the QB on the other team couldn't (and had a big lead for most of the game)

Stats don't matter in the end. It's about the win column. Brock overcame an ugly game, and led his team to a comeback win. That is what counts. 

Brock beat you, and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving opponent after the months upon months of this forum hating him and nitpicking him to death, and yet you still can't admit that maybe he's just good and deserves some respect. 

4 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I'm positive Brock will outperform whatever QB that Denver brings out next week. 

Tell me what Brocks numbers have been against any half way decent defense this year?  Minnesota?   New England?  Now he's going to play Denver and do better huh?

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Tell me what Brocks numbers have been against any half way decent defense this year?  Minnesota?   New England?  Now he's going to play Denver and do better huh?

The Broncos have lost two straight, one of those to the 2-4 Chargers. I say anything can happen. Minnesota has made everyone look bad this year, and we both know how NE rolls...

Just now, QwizBoy said:

The Broncos have lost two straight, one of those to the 2-4 Chargers. I say anything can happen. Minnesota has made everyone look bad this year, and we both know how NE rolls...

You mean the Chargers whose quarterback is Phillip Rivers?   You mean the Falcons whose quarterback is Matt Ryan? 

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

What's making you think he'll do better against Denver and that pass rush?  They are going to sit back and play the same type of coverage and ball as New England and Minnesota.   We did well copying that game plan for most of the first 3 quarters and stuffed him and we don't even have a pass rush to speak of.  I don't see it with him.  And if the Texans bring that same run defense they brought last night then I really don't see it because Denver will stay on the field.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

What's making you think he'll do better against Denver and that pass rush?  They are going to sit back and play the same type of coverage and ball as New England and Minnesota.   We did well copying that game plan for most of the first 3 quarters and stuffed him and we don't even have a pass rush to speak of.

The pass rush is definitely going to be a problem, so establishing Miller in the run game is going to be key. Also I think we're going to see a lot of screen passes and dump offs. 

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

The pass rush is definitely going to be a problem, so establishing Miller in the run game is going to be key. Also I think we're going to see a lot of screen passes and dump offs. 

Miller has only really been decent against the Colts.  Everyone else that run game hasn't been real strong. It's been okay.

11 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Oh, the Colts defense is bad when they lost to QB's that you don't like? 

Had that been Luck beating a bad defense, this forum would be going off how he's the best QB now. 

Brock's 4th quarter numbers and OT speak for themselves. Yes, LIGHTS OUT. He delivered in the clutch when the QB on the other team couldn't (and had a big lead for most of the game)

Stats don't matter in the end. It's about the win column. Brock overcame an ugly game, and led his team to a comeback win. That is what counts. 

Brock beat you, and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving opponent after the months upon months of this forum hating him and nitpicking him to death, and yet you still can't admit that maybe he's just good and deserves some respect. 

Brock is mediocre... He took advantage of a horrible  defense that collapsed due to lack of talent and terrible coaching. He had one pass I would call great,  the rest of the plays nearly any NFL QB would have made. 

Just now, QwizBoy said:

True, but his numbers weren't great by any means against the Broncos this year.

But I'm saying he's got the veteran know how to deal with a defense like that.  And he's down to his last options.  Almost everyone he depends on is gone outside of Antonio Gates and the rookie Hunter Henry.  Everybody else is pretty much so so, maybe you can mention Melvin Gordon but that's about it.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Miller has only really been decent against the Colts.  Everyone else that run game hasn't been real strong. It's been okay.

He's averaging 4.2 ypc and 6.5 receiving this year. Not too shabby. He's not on the touchdown plane yet but we know what he can do. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

But I'm saying he's got the veteran know how to deal with a defense like that.  And he's down to his last options.  Almost everyone he depends on is gone outside of Antonio Gates and the rookie Hunter Henry.  Everybody else is pretty much so so, maybe you can mention Melvin Gordon but that's about it.

Which makes it even more impressive that he managed to pull one out against the Broncos. I'm just saying that I think we could do the same. It's not an automatic L in my mind. 

5 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Which makes it even more impressive that he managed to pull one out against the Broncos. I'm just saying that I think we could do the same. It's not an automatic L in my mind. 

Brock isn't even in the same league as Rivers 

5 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I never said he was. I see some of you are still salty about last night. It's okay, life goes on. It's just football. 

You're a Texan fan on a Colts message board after the Colts just had a complete defensive meltdown to your team less than 24 hours ago. We realize life goes on and it's just football -- doesn't mean we can't be salty or you should be surprised by our responses to you. Especially given the fact that this is becoming an increasing trend for our team.

14 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

They're exceptionally classy people who do a lot of charity work and good things for the community.  I just think Irsay is a part of the problem when it comes to the football side of things.  I think he should let his daughters take over (and have them take a more hands-off approach) while he focuses on charity/community work.  Just my opinion

Out of likes, so bump :)

4 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

No, there's a long line of people waiting to do that. I think they hangout under a bridge.

I personally think Irsay has been a Top 5 owner in the league going back to the late 90's since he hired Bill Polian and made sure we Drafted Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf. Irsay wanted Peyton and made it clear back in 1998. Irsay also made sure we Drafted Luck over RG3 as he made that clear as well to Grigson. The Colts since Peyton got Drafted in 1998 have the 2nd Most Regular Season wins over 30 other franchises and have 2 SB appearances with a SB win. It hasn't been all Peyton either, with Luck we have been to a Title Game with 3 11 win seasons. Bad seasons are going to happen so at this point this season it is what it is. Maybe we will make a Coaching change at the end of the season? Maybe we will nail the Draft in 2017. Who knows but Irsay has been a Great owner. Facts/Wins speak, not opinions or hate.

23 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

You're a Texan fan on a Colts message board after the Colts just had a complete defensive meltdown to your team less than 24 hours ago. We realize life goes on and it's just football -- doesn't mean we can't be salty or you should be surprised by our responses to you. Especially given the fact that this is becoming an increasing trend for our team.

I'm nothing but friendly to the majority of you. The guy I quoted was being argumentative for the sake of it. I know you're all frustrated and I'm not here to challenge that. We weren't even talking about the game anymore...

12 minutes ago, corgi said:

I think some people's lives are defined by how a team plays. They silly.

Ha, if my life hinged on the play of the Texans, I would've jumped off a bridge a long time ago. Especially after what I had to bear witness to last week haha