Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It starts at the top, Irsay sucks

YourNextGM

Just now, QwizBoy said:

I'm nothing but friendly to the majority of you. The guy I quoted was being argumentative for the sake of it. I know you're all frustrated and I'm not here to challenge that. But you don't have to take it out on me. 

By the way congrats on the win last night. It was huge for you guys. It literally made me sick the way we lost but we have done that to you guys so many times so it happens. I still think Brock isn't that good but he is Average at worse. He came through for you last night. So congrats as I don't want to be a sore loser and make excuses.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, QwizBoy said:

Ha, if my life hinged on the play of the Texans, I would've jumped off a bridge a long time ago. Especially after what I had to bear witness to last week haha 

The last time a loss bothered me was the Super Bowl against NO. Now I just shrug and change the channel. I don't have time to worry about a bad football outcome. 

Everyone calm down. This team is still light years ahead of how Peyton started. Expectations are just so high anymore. I remember losing three or four in a row in 2006 and thinking how much of a bust Dungy was and for the first time almost gave up hope. A defensive coach brought in for defense with a horrendous defense for years and the worst run defense of all time. And this was like 9 years into Manning's/Polian' career on our second coach who appeared to be headed out the door. And don't kid yourself that our roster was stacked, we were still talked about as one of the least talented teams with Manning carrying us by himself. I hated Dungy's conservative play with undersized "quicker" players, and actually do like Pagano's more aggressive nature . Don't sell a coach out as a bust until he's packing. Dungy and Manning were both one and done choke artists before the miracle happened. This team's playoff record is good compared to how Dungy started and don't even bring up Mora. There are positives they just have to turn it around and make the tournament somehow. 

Maybe we dont have Bob Sanders, one of the GOATS when healthy, but did the flawed 9-7 Giants have a miracle player? Was that pass rush all world in those 7 losses? I think not. That was a total team effort and turn around. Ours was too but Sanders was playing like the best safety ever in those playoffs. We could still go 7-3 or best case 8-2 if we catch fire and take the division or the wild card and make a run. Lots of football left to quit now. 2006 happened and is our only SB win at home in Indy. Here's to hoping for another Colts miracle to send Gore off right as a first ballot hall of famer and champion!

Bad coaching and it shows. The Colts need to get out of the idea of drafting small defensive linemen talking about speed. It's not working and when it did work it was because #18 #GOAT! Draft offensive linemen who can run and pass block. Drafting too many one dimensional guys. It really sucks watching them play under Chuck on a weekly basis.

7 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I'm nothing but friendly to the majority of you. The guy I quoted was being argumentative for the sake of it. I know you're all frustrated and I'm not here to challenge that. We weren't even talking about the game anymore...

Nor was I insinuating that you were here to gloat or anything. But most of us understand that Colts football doesn't affect our day-to-day lives. Doesn't mean we don't put a lot of emotional investment in the team. A lot of us are tired of seeing the same old nonsense every year for the last four years and hearing the same tired platitudes by our "defensive minded" HC after every loss for why the defense stunk up the joint AGAIN -- especially given it has gotten worse and worse. Last night was possibly one of the worst yet and the epitome of the Pagano era.

4 minutes ago, corgi said:

The last time a loss bothered me was the Super Bowl against NO. Now I just shrug and change the channel. I don't have time to worry about a bad football outcome. 

Yeah there are losses and then there are losses. That Saints SB was frustrating, Freeney being injured was really a killer and we made so many mistakes like not getting the onside kick, missing a FG, Garcon's drop, and of course Peyton's INT at the end when we were 30 yards away from tying the game. I think that loss and losing to the Steelers in 05 are the 2 worse losses where I was just didn't even want to watch Football/see highlights for like a month. Last night was Bad but not near those 2 games in comparison. That was the Playoffs.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

By the way congrats on the win last night. It was huge for you guys. It literally made me sick the way we lost but we have done that to you guys so many times so it happens. I still think Brock isn't that good but he is Average at worse. He came through for you last night. So congrats as I don't want to be a sore loser and make excuses.

Thanks 2006. I wouldn't want to either. 

18 minutes ago, corgi said:

Yep. Too many real world terrors on this day and age to worry about...

11 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Nor was I insinuating that you were here to gloat or anything. But most of us understand that Colts football doesn't affect our day-to-day lives. Doesn't mean we don't put a lot of emotional investment in the team. A lot of us are tired of seeing the same old nonsense every year for the last four years and hearing the same tired platitudes by our "defensive minded" HC after every loss for why the defense stunk up the joint AGAIN -- especially given it has gotten worse and worse. Last night was possibly one of the worst yet and the epitome of the Pagano era.

Gotcha. I definitely see where you're coming from. But you still have a reason to be optimistic. Things haven't gone according to plan so far but you still have a stud quarterback who will keep you in almost every game. I think changes will be made in some capacity by season's end, so I don't think you would be seeing the same old same old next year. 

5 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

So I hate Luck.  I'm actually a fam of Luck,  but how many dumb decisions can he make before people criticize him? That int was a killer.  And then he started missing throws amd taking sacks.  You can tell he has zero leadership skills.  

Your an * Luck is not at fault for why we lost the game he isn't getting a pass you would miss throws and make mistakes too if you had no o-line they were terrible in the second half no I don't say the int wasn't his fault it was but Hilton could have made a better play down there he was next to the guy who picked it off he could have stepped in front and if not catch it knock it down so its not picked I go 50% on luck and 50% on Hilton but we made other mistakes out there that had nothing to do with luck. That 4th and inches if your gonna go for it on 4th down give it to gore that's why he is here that was dumb call by pagano and chud kick the field goal too that would have been really big at the end of that game.

12 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That was a bad and really pathetic loss on our part but congrats to the Texans for playing 60 minutes of football when we didn't.

Shoot, the Texans didn't either...only about three, to be honest. 

If I knew the solution I would not be sitting here typing this. I know losing Saints all comments here. It's like having bad neighbors, you personally can't do much other than complain.  So let's say the GM and Coach go and nothing changes then what? I was not excited about beating the Texans as they are a mess like the Colts with injuries. The Jets just now dropped one to Arizona scoring three points!! Sad. Personally, part of the irritation is knowing the Patriots seem to have it figured out every season and they have been a big thorn in the side of Colts fans for a very long time (envy),  Add to that, the Colts have been one of the elite or close to elite teams for a long time coming so close only to come up short, But on the other side of the coin there are the Cleveland fans and if they can bear it so can we.

9 hours ago, Bogie said:

Oh, the Colts defense is bad when they lost to QB's that you don't like? 

Had that been Luck beating a bad defense, this forum would be going off how he's the best QB now. 

Brock's 4th quarter numbers and OT speak for themselves. Yes, LIGHTS OUT. He delivered in the clutch when the QB on the other team couldn't (and had a big lead for most of the game)

Stats don't matter in the end. It's about the win column. Brock overcame an ugly game, and led his team to a comeback win. That is what counts. 

Brock beat you, and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving opponent after the months upon months of this forum hating him and nitpicking him to death, and yet you still can't admit that maybe he's just good and deserves some respect. 

Actually the Colts defense is bad no matter what QB we play so shows how much you know.

12 hours ago, corgi said:

I think some people's lives are defined by how a team plays. They silly.

You're probably right Corgi. It's petty, stupid, & small, but nevertheless, it still bums me out when we come up short. 

Like CBE said though, the Texans won no excuses. Houston did what INDY couldn't. Gotta take the high road here in defeat. 

13 hours ago, corgi said:

I see what you're saying but over time you get invested.  Why, I don't know.  I wish I could figure that out, find that switch, and flip it off.  But I can't.  I bothers me.  Not to the point that I let it ruin my life or anything, but it might ruin the day.  And I find I sleep less.  Why?  Probably thinking about why they didn't do this or if only they woulda done that.  Crazy?  IDK.  Maybe I'm not alone.  Maybe I am.  Either way, I am also financially invested.  I pay good money for season tickets.  So it bothers me a little bit more when they suck.  I know, there is no guarantee of success.  But when it is EXPECTED and they underperform, then it bothers me.  It didn't bother me in 2011 because expectations were low.  Not the case this year. 

Again, maybe I'm alone in this, maybe I'm not.  Either way I'm a fan.  And watching this team go through this (with a good QB in his prime) is difficult and disheartening.

3 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I see what you're saying but over time you get invested.  Why, I don't know.  I wish I could figure that out, find that switch, and flip it off.  But I can't.  I bothers me.  Not to the point that I let it ruin my life or anything, but it might ruin the day.  And I find I sleep less.  Why?  Probably thinking about why they didn't do this or if only they woulda done that.  Crazy?  IDK.  Maybe I'm not alone.  Maybe I am.  Either way, I am also financially invested.  I pay good money for season tickets.  So it bothers me a little bit more when they suck.  I know, there is no guarantee of success.  But when it is EXPECTED and they underperform, then it bothers me.  It didn't bother me in 2011 because expectations were low.  Not the case this year. 

Again, maybe I'm alone in this, maybe I'm not.  Either way I'm a fan.  And watching this team go through this (with a good QB in his prime) is difficult and disheartening.

I get it, movies and some tv shows have bummed me out. Like if a character you have loved for 6 or 7 seasons dies, or a supporting or main character in a film dies. 

To me anyway I just had to find that switch. I would get worked up and essentially be in a bad mood the rest of the day. I never want the team to lose, but if they do it's okay. 

Ive said it many times on here, I'm a big UVa fan...and that football team has conditioned me to not care about a loss, so I guess that's helped me get over the mood swings associated with a loss.

If it bums you out or what have you that's okay, just try not to let it ruin your day or take away from other things. Not you or anyone in particular, just a general message to the masses.

2 minutes ago, corgi said:

I get it, movies and some tv shows have bummed me out. Like if a character you have loved for 6 or 7 seasons dies, or a supporting or main character in a film dies. 

To me anyway I just had to find that switch. I would get worked up and essentially be in a bad mood the rest of the day. I never want the team to lose, but if they do it's okay. 

Ive said it many times on here, I'm a big UVa fan...and that football team has conditioned me to not care about a loss, so I guess that's helped me get over the mood swings associated with a loss.

If it bums you out or what have you that's okay, just try not to let it ruin your day or take away from other things. Not you or anyone in particular, just a general message to the masses.

Cool.  I'm an IU football fan, yeah that one.  LOL  Hey at least they are improving and only losing to the big boys by a little bit now instead of getting pounded 52-10 like they used to!

17 hours ago, BAYOU COLTS said:

Bad coaching and it shows. The Colts need to get out of the idea of drafting small defensive linemen talking about speed. It's not working and when it did work it was because #18 #GOAT! Draft offensive linemen who can run and pass block. Drafting too many one dimensional guys. It really sucks watching them play under Chuck on a weekly basis.

I agree about bad coaching, but it may be more than that. I wonder how well our existing players could perform if they could learn to play together as a cohesive team with an expectation of performing well and winning? Example, they tend to overrun coverages and get out of position easily. While it may they are trying too hard, they seem to play with a fundamental lack of confidence that comes with great coaching. Of course, you can't expect performance if the existing talent levels don't fit the team needs.

29 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

I agree about bad coaching, but it may be more than that. I wonder how well our existing players could perform if they could learn to play together as a cohesive team with an expectation of performing well and winning? Example, they tend to overrun coverages and get out of position easily. While it may they are trying too hard, they seem to play with a fundamental lack of confidence that comes with great coaching. Of course, you can't expect performance if the existing talent levels don't fit the team needs.

As a native Texan and fanatic Colts fan I can say that I've NEVER BEEN SO BORED at a football game than at the game Sunday night. I sat front row behind us and there was NO enthusium - motivation - interest - spark - there was NOTHING!! I could not believe what I was seeing - the plays made no sense...after halftime they didn't give a damn - I started to leave - If u don't want to play the game retire/leave town/jump off the planet....The only 2 players that showed life were McAfee and Vinatieri - Vin gave me a thumbs up!!! No EXCUSE for that non-performance!!!

20 hours ago, corgi said:

That was definitely the loss that still haunts me, but I have been bothered by losses since then.  I will say with this season, I am not just not emotionally invested in this team and really haven't been since seeing the writing on the wall with the Lions game.  Too much going on, and better stuff from other teams like the Cubbies and even IU football.  Also, I think I will be more interested in the Pacers this season with some solid off-season moves.  

As far the OP, I don't think Irsay sucks.  To me, it felt like he gave both one more chance and if they screw it up they are gone.  If this season continues, I don't see how Pagano keeps his job and Grigson is on the edge. 

On 2016-10-17 at 0:58 PM, Bogie said:

Oh, the Colts defense is bad when they lost to QB's that you don't like? 

Had that been Luck beating a bad defense, this forum would be going off how he's the best QB now. 

Brock's 4th quarter numbers and OT speak for themselves. Yes, LIGHTS OUT. He delivered in the clutch when the QB on the other team couldn't (and had a big lead for most of the game)

Stats don't matter in the end. It's about the win column. Brock overcame an ugly game, and led his team to a comeback win. That is what counts. 

Brock beat you, and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving opponent after the months upon months of this forum hating him and nitpicking him to death, and yet you still can't admit that maybe he's just good and deserves some respect. 

Before the Colts game, Osweiler has 6 TDs to 7 INTs.  He had a QB rating of 70-something.  Those numbers are the textbook definition of mediocre.  During the game, he was consistently off with his accuracy.  He's far from "lights out"