Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Updates 10-12-16

TKnight24

6 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

A reminder:    Colts and Texans are the Sunday NIGHT game.    830p east coach time kick-off.

The eyes of football fans will be on Indy and Houston.      This would be a good time for a lot of players to really step up their game!

19 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Any word on Moncrief? Picked him back up in fantasy this week. Dropped Dorsett.

This is week number 4 I believe so he's close to being back. My guess he plays vs the chiefs, but on a pitch count

I am watching/listening to Pags Bears game press conference right now. Same old; same old...

"Gotta tackle better, gotta clean up the mistakes." Sigh...Look, I get it an HC can't rant & rave & come across like Dennis Green did in AZ with his "Crown their caboose...We are who we thought they were" rant.

I just wanna hear from Chuck a sense of urgency & that sloppiness with penalties & poor tackling is not acceptable. Yeah, I know he said this, but Chuck sounded depressed man. We need confidence. Not blind Rex Ryan confidence of course. Just that the fan base needs hope man. 

And then reporters ask Pags about Robert Mathis's lost step & no pass rush & it feels like a darn eulogy in the room. Coaches need to be inspirational man. Give us something to hang our hat on please. 

I also wanna know from Philbin why Luck's protection up front literally crumbled in the 2nd half. 

Look, I know Hoyer played well, moved well, & has a quick release, but this is the same guy who threw several picks against KC last yr in the Playoffs as the Texans starter & he had INDY on the ropes in the 4th Qtr. 

Hoyer is a perineal backup not a starter & he forced us to win that game late. That's not a good sign especially when everybody & their momma knows that John Fox's team is in massive rebuild mode & not that good. Probably the 2nd worst team in the NFL next to the Browns right now. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A reminder:    Colts and Texans are the Sunday NIGHT game.    830p east coach time kick-off.

The eyes of football fans will be on Indy and Houston.      This would be a good time for a lot of players to really step up their game!

Not to be too dramatic, but this game is basically the season.  Sure, even if we lose we can still claw our way back but it would also require the Texans to slip and most likely for us to win out in the division. 

No wildcards coming from this division.

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I am watching/listening to Pags Bears game press conference right now. Same old; same old...

"Gotta tackle better, gotta clean up the mistakes." Sigh...Look, I get it an HC can't rant & rave & come across like Dennis Green did in AZ with his "Crown their caboose...We are who we thought they were" rant.

I just wanna hear from Chuck a sense of urgency & that sloppiness with penalties & poor tackling is not acceptable. Yeah, I know he said this, but Chuck sounded depressed man. We need confidence. Not blind Rex Ryan confidence of course. Just that the fan base needs hope man. 

And then reporters ask Pags about Robert Mathis's lost step & no pass rush & it feels like a darn eulogy in the room. Coaches need to be inspirational man. Give us something to hang our hat on please. 

Pagano has been saying the same things and giving the same press conferences since he got hear. I see the same Pagano that was here in 2012. It sometimes look like the struggles of the team don't affect him. Like he just thinks they can just keep doing and preaching the same things and eventually it'll "click".

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I also wanna know from Philbin why Luck's protection up front literally crumbled in the 2nd half. 

Look, I know Hoyer played well, moved well, & has a quick release, but this is the same guy who threw several picks against KC last yr in the Playoffs as the Texans starter & he had INDY on the ropes in the 4th Qtr. 

Hoyer is a perineal backup not a starter & he forced us to win that game late. That's not a good sign especially when everybody & their momma knows that John Fox's team is in massive rebuild mode & not that good. Probably the 2nd worst team in the NFL next to the Browns right now. 

Life is good when your running game is averaging 7 ypc and you're facing almost zero pass rush.

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

Life is good when your running game is averaging 7 ypc and you're facing almost zero pass rush.

Life's been good for all opposing quarterbacks vs our defense. It'll be imperative they improve against the Texans this weekend. Maybe not shut em down completely but make them earn everything they get. Nothing easy. 

9 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Any word on Moncrief? Picked him back up in fantasy this week. Dropped Dorsett.

I don't think we see him next week, but I like you dumped Dorsett in hopes that will mean he scores 4 TD's which is the sort of thing that happens after starting him 3 straight weeks with mixed results at best.  (2 pts last week).  I am trying to use Murphy's Law in Fantasy to help the team!  heh. 

20 hours ago, BOTT said:

Exactly BOTT & wasn't the defense Pagano's calling card in Baltimore before INDY hired him as INDY's HC in 2012 too? LOL! 

Look, I know our GM loaded this team with WRs on the offensive side of the ball, but look at Dallas under DC Rod Marinelli. They lost a lot of guys due to injury & suspensions & the Cowboys are managing to win games. 

You're point about Hoyer is well taken though. Anybody can look elite with no pressure in their face. Well said. 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Exactly BOTT & wasn't the defense Pagano's calling card in Baltimore before INDY hired him as INDY's HC in 2012 too? LOL! 

Look, I know our GM loaded this team with WRs on the offensive side of the ball, but look at Dallas under DC Rod Marinelli. They lost a lot of guys due to injury & suspensions & the Cowboys are managing to win games. 

You're point about Hoyer is well taken though. Anybody can look elite with no pressure in their face. Well said. 

Dallas my not have much talent on the defensive side of the ball,   but whatever they have is more than what the Colts have.      It's better and younger....

22 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Pagano has been saying the same things and giving the same press conferences since he got hear. I see the same Pagano that was here in 2012. It sometimes look like the struggles of the team don't affect him. Like he just thinks they can just keep doing and preaching the same things and eventually it'll "click".

As much as it pains me to say this, I'm starting to tune out Pagano & his press conferences as a fan. Very similar to NY Giants fans toward Tom Coghlin last season & we all know what happened there. 

I'm not saying Chuck can't coach, but everything has a shelf life & the same mistakes keep happening & that doesn't bode well for Pagano right now. 

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup!     I have three words for their O-line.....

FAB!   U!    LOUS!!

I'm out!!        :thmup: 

Eventually, a defense has to prevent another QB from converting a 3rd down. INDY's D struggles at this to be kind. An o-line no matter how fabulous can't win every game. Sooner or later, when the snow falls LBs must step up & keep playoff hopes alive.