Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curt Maggit fined

RockThatBlue

To make all this go away, just get rid  of the both of them, Pags/Grigs and you won't have continual talk about them.  He messed up and his backtracking to save his hide.  He blew it, by not putting the right product out their on the field and his shifting the blame, plane and simple.

3 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

To make all this go away, just get rid  of the both of them, Pags/Grigs and you won't have continual talk about them.  He messed up and his backtracking to save his hide.  He blew it, by not putting the right product out their on the field and his shifting the blame, plane and simple.

Who do you suggest we hire?

10 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Could I get this translated into something that resembles.......    English?

What backtracking?        Who are you talking about Grigson?      Or Pagano?

It would help if you were clear about such things.....   makes it easier to understand you....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It would help if you were clear about such things.....   makes it easier to understand you....

you're such a...

but i like it lol.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

you're such a...

but i like it lol.

I try not to be such a.......

I know it often doesn't appear that way....

But I confess I'm smoking mad at the GM's ridiculous comment.    It was completely unnecessary and doesn't help the franchise at a time when we need all the help we can get.

I ***HATE*** self-inflicted wounds.     And this is a whopper!!

1 minute ago, gacoop1 said:

Your name says it all, "New Colts Fan" you're just a rookie, rookie....Wake up and smell the coffee. You're clueless, the colts are going south.  Is that word sinking in your nuggins....Can we say number one draft pick....

Number one draft pick would be a godsend. Draft Myles Garrett or trade down and possibly get two extra 1st round picks to set the team up for the future. I wouldn't even mind trading down 4 or 5 spots and picking up a couple of extra 2nd round picks in this year's draft just to boost things up. Best thing we can do is tank. Get pagano out of here (maybe grigson), and fix this team quickly while luck is in his prime. Lets hope they don't blow it. Even if we magically made the playoffs, we're not going anywhere.

1 hour ago, gacoop1 said:

Your name says it all, "New Colts Fan" you're just a rookie, rookie....Wake up and smell the coffee. You're clueless, the colts are going south.  Is that word sinking in your nuggins....Can we say number one draft pick....

I'm 59 years old and have followed football for nearly 50 years.

I was a member of the media for 30 years and covered the NFL for more than 20 of those years.    Have you heard of the Rams and the Raiders.      They played in Los Angeles where I live.

I have forgotten more about football than you've ever know or ever will know.

You're new here.     You'll figure it out sooner or later.       Or not.       I don't worry about the likes of you.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm 59 years old and have followed football for nearly 50 years.

I was a member of the media for 30 years and covered the NFL for more than 20 of those years.    Have you heard of the Rams and the Raiders.      They played in Los Angeles where I live.

I have forgotten more about football than you've ever know or ever will know.

You're new here.     You'll figure it out sooner or later.       Or not.       I don't worry about the likes of you.

Really? 20 years covering football? Hard to tell by the content of your posts sometimes. Our very own Superman sounds more knowledgeable and is way more  likeable than you. As far as I know he hasn't been a member of the media and hasn't covered football. In this context your media experience has very little value. You're nothing but another poster on a fan board. Not a top poster. Just another poster. You should begin dealing with that.

57 minutes ago, James said:

Really? 20 years covering football? Hard to tell by the content of your posts sometimes. Our very own Superman sounds more knowledgeable and is way more  likeable than you. As far as I know he hasn't been a member of the media and hasn't covered football. In this context your media experience has very little value. You're nothing but another poster on a fan board. Not a top poster. Just another poster. You should begin dealing with that.

Feel free to look at my profile any time you like.

You'll see that I have a large amount of "likes"....    roughly 58 percent.     That's among the highest percentage of the posters here.     And that number has grown every year I've been here.

So, while you may not like me or my posts,  many here seem to.  

Feel free to put me on ignore.  

P.S. --- as for your comment about Superman,  you and I agree.   I think he's the best poster here and have thought so since I arrived in May of 2012.    No one sings his praises more than I do.      And I did again Friday night in a thread about Grigson where Superman and I strongly disagree with each other.    A guy that good is worthy of great respect.

30 minutes ago, James said:

NewColtsFan is definitely a top poster on here. I've talked to him a bunch, and he is a very intelligent guy. Easy to get along with, and I've learned a lot from him. He brings a lot here, it's up to you if you want to learn what he has to say or not.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lol!  If you start correcting grammar and misuse of words like "their" and "plain", you won't have time to watch the games!

I always read your posts NCF and even if I don't agree with them (rarely) I appreciate the information.    

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Lol!  If you start correcting grammar and misuse of words like "their" and "plain", you won't have time to watch the games!

I always read your posts NCF and even if I don't agree with them (rarely) I appreciate the information.    

Thanks, SM....    (I think?)....

I wasn't trying to be a Grammar Nazi....    at least, not this time....    I just couldn't make heads or tails out of what the guy was trying to say.        Was he talking about Grigson,  or Pagano?        Who was backtracking and what were they backtracking about?    

I mean,  I was lost....    (Not hard to do,  I know!)

The poster is new, and I was trying to let him know it's sometimes harder to make a point here than one might think.....      I've tried and failed many times....     trial by fire, sometimes!

:thmup:

You'd think this thread was titled 

"NewColtsFan reputation on this forum in question!!!"

Nope, we are actually supposed to be talking about Curt Maggit's fine. It's a little irritating that I wasted my time reading through here looking for a meaningful discussion about his fine, or the fine policy, but long behold of course people are bickering about something off topic. I scratch my head every time I see it and wonder why the mods never do anything about it. 

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

NewColtsFan is definitely a top poster on here. I've talked to him a bunch, and he is a very intelligent guy. Easy to get along with, and I've learned a lot from him. He brings a lot here, it's up to you if you want to learn what he has to say or not.

He most certainly isn't a top poster in my estimation. He may be a top poster from your perspective, though I think that says more about your level of intellect and level of expectations (look at me stooping to his level..) At times he makes valid points, but too frequently he is posting passive-aggressive, ad hominem remarks and/or being condescending for my taste. That's not "top poster" worthy, IMO. I learn much more from Superman and other posters, because not only do they present themselves better, they do it while still providing thoughtful, football related comments. Something NCF hasn't shown to be able to on a consistent basis despite his vast media/football experience. 

Just now, James said:

He most certainly isn't a top poster in my estimation. He may be a top poster from your perspective, though I think that says more about your level of intellect and level of expectations. At times he makes valid points, but too frequently he is posting passive-aggressive remarks and/or being condescending for my taste. That's not "top poster" worthy, IMO. I learn much more from Superman and other posters, because not only do they present themselves better, they do it while still providing thoughtful, football related comments. Something NCF hasn't shown to be able to on a consistent basis. 

My level of intellect is much higher than yours. I get to play poker, fantasy sports, and make bets on playoff games to support myself while you work or have worked a 9 to 5 job. I'm able to recognize patterns and use it as a way to support myself while enjoying my job and working when I want. I doubt you can say that, so don't challenge my intellect.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My level of intellect is much higher than yours. I get to play poker, fantasy sports, and make bets on playoff games to support myself while you work or have worked a 9 to 5 job. I'm able to recognize patterns and use it as a way to support myself while enjoying my job and working when I want. I doubt you can say that, so don't challenge my intellect.

You're level of intellect is nothing impressive based on the content of your posts here. The fact that you find NCF intellectually stimulating supports that. I doubt it's any differently outside this board. You'd know that if you actually had knowledge of the world and people. Not only are you way off on your assessment of me, but your valuation of yourself compared to others shows me you're limited. How limited remains to be seen. 

1 minute ago, James said:

You're level of intellect is nothing impressive based on the content of your posts here. The fact that you find NCF intellectually stimulating supports that. I doubt it's any differently outside this board. You'd know that if you actually had knowledge of the world and people. Not only are you way off on your assessment of me, but your valuation of yourself compared to others shows me you're limited. How limited remains to be seen. 

My posts are just fine, I just don't fall in line like a good boy like you and take what's given to me, by the Colts team or in life. I expect 100% from myself and my team. I have plenty of knowledge of the world as I've learned ways to support myself without the daily grind of a job. Ask around, there may be 5 people on this forum who don't like me. I go against the grain a lot, but usually I'm right, and I have a backbone, more than most can say.

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Number one draft pick would be a godsend. Draft Myles Garrett or trade down and possibly get two extra 1st round picks to set the team up for the future. I wouldn't even mind trading down 4 or 5 spots and picking up a couple of extra 2nd round picks in this year's draft just to boost things up. Best thing we can do is tank. Get pagano out of here (maybe grigson), and fix this team quickly while luck is in his prime. Lets hope they don't blow it. Even if we magically made the playoffs, we're not going anywhere.

I'd love a 1st overall pick! Like I said in another thread we could prolly trade back a few spots and still get Garrett. Just let the dumb teams that want QBs trade you 2 or 3 first rounders to move up 1 or 2 spots. We get the best pass rusher and 2 or 3 future1sts and they get their QB. I'd tank for that!!! 

Like you said this team isn't going anywhere this year we suck so just make the most of it to improve the team