Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This what chuck and staff should do

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

First  off begin a new process, it's been 3yrs now and this process has proven to get his %$#  no where but a game away from being some other teams DB coach ... Adapt to his team,  with this current team he should stress every week that they are 21 pts behind going into the game... plaster it on a t shirt,  on the lockers, on the practice field, and even on gamedays on the scoreboard during warm-ups(home games of course)..  

Next thing is to kill this 1992 wish bone way of approaching our offensive game planning... again kill the insanity(literally)  it's been 5 years we haven't had 100yd rusher , chances are our run game is not going to set up the pass.. 

For the love of all things blue.... DEFER TO THE SECOND HALF!!!!!!!!  This to me usually tells me we're in for much of the same @$+*.  Goes something like this:

Gore run to the left for 2yds

Short pass right ty 2yds 

Deep pass middle Dorsett incomplete... we punt then we give up a touchdown now we play the rest of the game playing from behind... because we chose to receive we now have to come out for the 2nd half down by 3 scores and kick off.. 

1 minute ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

First  off begin a new process, it's been 3yrs now and this process has proven to get his %$#  no where but a game away from being some other teams DB coach ... Adapt to his team,  with this current team he should stress every week that they are 21 pts behind going into the game... plaster it on a t shirt,  on the lockers, on the practice field, and even on gamedays on the scoreboard during warm-ups(home games of course)..  

Next thing is to kill this 1992 wish bone way of approaching our offensive game planning... again kill the insanity(literally)  it's been 5 years we haven't had 100yd rusher , chances are our run game is not going to set up the pass.. 

For the love of all things blue.... DEFER TO THE SECOND HALF!!!!!!!!  This to me usually tells me we're in for much of the same @$+*.  Goes something like this:

Short pass right ty 2yds 

Deep pass middle Dorsett incomplete... we punt then we give up a touchdown now we play the rest of the game playing from behind... because we chose to receive we now have to come out for the 2nd half down by 3 scores and kick off.. 

Don't worry, they will still attempt diligently to get that 100 yard rusher......in the first half.

Defensively right now I think Walden and Ayers are our two best pass rushers.  Need to see more of those two and less of Mathis until he gets a little healthier.  If indeed health is the real issue and not his age.  Can still be serviceable as a situational rusher, but overall we need to see more of Walden and Ayers.  Maybe sprinkle in Bates here and there.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Defensively right now I think Walden and Ayers are our two best pass rushers.  Need to see more of those two and less of Mathis until he gets a little healthier.  If indeed health is the real issue and not his age.  Can still be serviceable as a situational rusher, but overall we need to see more of Walden and Ayers.

Walden has done very well. I have seen much of Ayers or noticed him since we picked him up, but I'm glad someone else is standing out. We need to run the no huddle from the start of every game just like manning mostly did to keep defenses off guard, play to our rbs and receivers strengths, and stay aggressive. Don't get cute, and play smart, and take what the defense gives us. On defense, figure out a way to get a pass rush going. The secondary can't cover the opponents WRs forever. Special teams have been solid for the most part.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Walden has done very well. I have seen much of Ayers or noticed him since we picked him up, but I'm glad someone else is standing out. We need to run the no huddle from the start of every game just like manning mostly did to keep defenses off guard, play to our rbs and receivers strengths, and stay aggressive. Don't get cute, and play smart, and take what the defense gives us. On defense, figure out a way to get a pass rush going. The secondary can't cover the opponents WRs forever. Special teams have been solid for the most part.

Ayers is in on quite a bit of plays.  Number of almost sacks and a few pressures I'm noticing while watching this Jacksonville game again.  Same in the San Diego game too.  He's getting comfortable it seems nothing dominant, but he does get back there for sure.

Just now, krunk said:

Ayers is in on quite a bit of plays.  Number of almost sacks and a few pressures I'm noticing while watching this Jacksonville game again.  Same in the San Diego game too.  He's getting comfortable it seems, nothing dominant, but he does get back there for sure.

That's good, he is something decent at the linebacker position at least. Season's really starting to go south, hope we win this game. Really getting frustrated with the slow starts. Seems like they've happened since 2012, besides some games in 2014 where luck really dominated.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's good, he is something decent at the linebacker position at least. Season's really starting to go south, hope we win this game. Really getting frustrated with the slow starts. Seems like they've happened since 2012, besides some games in 2014 where luck really dominated.

Stay tuned.  I'm staying reserved right now, but I do believe we can get it turned around.

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wild Wings has all the games.  They have the NFL Sunday Ticket. 

This might sound like a stupid question & I'll gladly take the backlash if it is, but I've always wondered...Do huge sports bars with numerous HD big screen TVs inside actually place all their screens on mute or low volume? Or do they section off games by their divisions in a certain region of the room? 

I have Direct TV Sunday Ticket at my house. That's why I ask. Besides, when the Colts or the NY Giants under perform, SW1 is not a pleasant cat to be around. LOL! You can dress me up, but you can't take me out in public. Just kidding! 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

This might sound like a stupid question & I'll gladly take the backlash if it is, but I've always wondered...Do huge sports bars with numerous HD big screen TVs inside actually place all there screens on mute or low volume? Or do they section off games by their divisions in a certain region of the room? 

I have Direct TV Sunday Ticket at my house. That's why I ask. Besides, when the Colts or the NY Giants under perform, SW1 is not a pleasant cat to be around. LOL! You can dress me up, but you can't take me out in public. Just kidding! 

They have a piece of paper on each TV showing what the game is.  Normally they have the volume on mute or really low except for the football team that plays in that city.  So for me when I go if the Texans are playing then they have it on the jumbo screen with the volume up so everybody can hear what's going on.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

They have a piece of paper on each TV showing what the game is.  Normally they have the volume on mute or really low except for the football team that plays in that city.  So for me when I go if the Texans are playing then they have it on the jumbo screen with the volume up so everybody can hear what's going on.

Thanks krunk for clearing up that little mystery. I've always been curious about how that works. I figured it was just like you indicated it was. I just wanted confirmation. Much obliged. 

I hope Texans fans don't give you too much flack for your horseshoe allegiance every week. Some good natured trash talking is expected among AFC South rivals of course. Just as long as a game doesn't result in a physical altercation over bragging rights any given Sunday, Monday, or Thursday right? haha

45 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

MMM. Hum...This slower than molasses pattern until the 4th quarter is becoming way too commonplace for me too Jared. Still a ton of football to be played this yr sure, but darn...can we see a TD or 2 in the 1st half for once? I'll take it as an early Christmas present even Pagano. I know; I know he's working on it, but can we see a flash of a methodical drive that ends in 6 points please? Jay Cutler & a lousy OL. Just what the Dr. ordered for an INDY win. 

Just now, southwest1 said:

MMM. Hum...This slower than molasses pattern until the 4th quarter is becoming way too commonplace for me too Jared. Still a ton of football to be played this yr sure, but darn...can we see a TD or 2 in the 1st half for once? I'll take it as an early Christmas present even Pagano. I know; I know he's working on it, but can we see a flash of a methodical drive that ends in 6 points please? Jay Cutler & a lousy OL. Just what the Dr. ordered for an INDY win. 

Cutler is out, Brian Hoyer is in. :thmup:

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Cutler is out, Brian Hoyer is in. :thmup:

Oh yeah, crap. Just when Hoyer is viewed as an afterthought, he usually has a holy moly man game as in where the hades did he pull a balls out performance from.

Just wonderful. :sarcasm:

Just when I thought Cutler would toughen up & play, I can't even count on him for multiple picks. It figures...

Can't you just picture LB Jerrell Freeman sacking Chewbacca saying to Andrew "remind Chuck & Ryan that they will rue the day they refused to resign me in Indianapolis?" 

Luck in characteristic form retorts, "Sorry to see you in another uniform Free. Nice hit though."  

14 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Image result for funny pagano memes

Chuck makes decent lumberjack except his beard needs more depth & thickness. Think Grizzly Adams or say the deceased Robin Williams when he grew one for a film role. 

dan-haggerty-dead1.jpg?w=591

hqdefault.jpg

Jane Goodall even had to get Robin to safety when 1 of her gorillas tried to get busy with him once because all his hair on his body reminded her of a primate in the Congo. I always remember weird stuff like that. Don't ask me why. I'd kill on game night with something like useless, unknown facts Trivial Pursuit Roundtable. 

I know; I know SW1 is hopeless & a total lost cause. :D

20 hours ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Short pass right ty 2yds 

So true great post.