Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe our season approach is like our game approach

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me I see the next 3 games as critical. I am treating it as a 1 game elimination each week. vs Bears, at Texans, at Titans. We win those then let the games begin!

Exactly. Even if I'm viewed as a negative poster that's my mind set as well.

These are considered the bum teams around the league. Good/solid teams don't lose these types of games. 

Right now we just make everything look to hard. Like we're trying to reinvent the world. Dump this blueprint type game plan where we try smashmouth, then all air with no rhyme or reason. We do nothing to set up a rhythm or tempo. 

Back on topic, must beat these type of teams if you want to talk about your team being good.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

so we'd go 1-3, 2-2, 3-1 and 4-0 for a 10-6 record? I'll take it!

I love it in theory, but going 7-1 through those last 8 games would be so insane. After looking at the schedule again, if 10-6 were to actually happen, I think 1-3, 4-0, 2-2, 3-1 would be how it would shake out.

9 hours ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Horrendous 1st qt,

pitiful 2nd qt,

good 3rd qt

Play off contending 4th qt

With the rookies and young players we have, Plus the injuries we had to deal with in the first 1/4 of the season, I think you are dead on track.

Rookies take time to mature into the NFL...as the season progresses, they get better, (at least that is the theory.)

So While our first 4 games have been bad, Expect the next four to be a little better with health returning, and our young guys getting the learning curve down.   (excuse me for being sleightly optomistic :coltshelmet:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

This is still holding up :eek:

& going 2-1 in the next three games seems completely feasible as well :eek:

Crazier things have happened...

I can't believe it!!  with the way the afc north is looking we could possibly play for a 3rd seed....... the way our defense looks I'm not to confident though