Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jags prediction thread

RockThatBlue

On 9/30/2016 at 9:56 AM, BCoop said:

If Jacksonville is successful against our starting D on the ground, we're in A LOT of trouble. I just don't see it happening.

They haven't had a guy run for more than 39 yards yet this year (good for 2.8 YPC as a team). Our defense has held starting RB's to a combined 36 carries, 109 yards the past two weeks (3.0 YPC). We now have all 11 starters slated to play.

It's a blowout in Jacksonville's favor if they somehow manage to flip the script on the ground.

I'm not saying you're wrong. But I am saying that thinking 3 games is enough of a sample size to judge Jacksonville cant run is a Gambler's Folley. 

Same with any judgements on us. Know what I mean? 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jags have no pass rush and they want to play zone defense.  I think Andrew is going to eat that stuff up to be honest with you.  The Jags made some plays on Green Bay with Julius Thomas but #1 he's a game time decision and #2 I think we have better cornerbacks than Green Bay.  Most of the plays they got with Thomas were against Quinton Rollins who I will not confuse for Vontae Davis or Cromartie.  I won't even confuse him for Patrick Robinson either.  If the Jags run well on us I think it will only be because of bad tackling.  If we tackle well I think we'll be just fine. We'll be fine on both sides of the football against this team.

18 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I'm not saying you're wrong. But I am saying that thinking 3 games is enough of a sample size to judge Jacksonville cant run is a Gambler's Folley. 

Same with any judgements on us. Know what I mean? 

People are quick to point out that people who doubt the Colts don't know the situation like we do, they are haters, they'll be shown up,blah blah blah. Then they talk about any other team and do the exact same thing they complain about. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That could be a problem, we'll see. I don't know what type of impact he'll have yet. No sample size. I know he's supposed to be a beast, time will show.

I think its likely that we will play Haeg at Tackle and Blythe at Guard like they did for a short time last week. I'm nervous about that one too because Blythe will get killed by Malik Jackson. If you go with Haeg at guard and Clark at tackle then I think you have to make sure Clark has help. Also need a greater emphasis on getting the ball out faster. Truly hope we can run the football today.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think its likely that we will play Haeg at Tackle and Blythe at Guard like they did for a short time last week. I'm nervous about that one too because Blythe will get killed by Malik Jackson. If you go with Haeg at guard and Clark at tackle then I think you have to make sure Clark has help. Also need a greater emphasis on getting the ball out faster. Truly hope we can run the football today.

It's definitely a problem either way, I'd personally play Haeg at RG where he succeeded last week and give Clark help on the right side. It's bad either way though. At least Constanzo, Mewhort, and Kelly are fine and will do well.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's definitely a problem either way, I'd personally play Haeg at RG where he succeeded last week and give Clark help on the right side. It's bad either way though. At least Constanzo, Mewhort, and Kelly are fine and will do well.

And the fact that they are not choosing to start Clark at Tackle tells me where he's at in terms of his preparedness to play.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Looking for a big Day from our D, The Jags QB is pretty TO prone..... and their line is worse than ours possibly...

Definitely agree with this. It's off topic, but a compliment. In Fanduel, I'm not really starting anyone against this Colts defense. It seems like they are much improved now when healthy. We finally may have something.

Just now, Shafty138 said:

Haeg is the real deal, G, or T....... Blythe will not be beat for lack of effort, he reminds me of AO Shipley..... size wise, we shall see

I dont feel good about scenarios that have him blocking Malik Jackson or having to pick up stunts and twists. Hopefully we can run the football and get some heavy play action today.

Just now, krunk said:

I dont feel good about scenarios that have him blocking Malik Jackson or having to pick up stunts and twists. Hopefully we can run the football and get some heavy play action today.

I wouldn't with AQ at G either, that's why I compared the two, other than physical traits, under weight, short arms, etc.....  both guys should only ever play C

Not too worried  on def our corners have locked up thier recievers in the past with toler Davis and butler and with no pass rush as well, now we have Cro Davis and Robinson plus Geathers roaming near los and green back deep with Adams..if they have too much success I won't know way to say lol

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

with Reitz and Clark inactive.......  who, other than Clark, is a Backup OL?  Harrison is out as well.....

its going to get real sketchy from there if we need either one of Clark and Vujnovich.

Some of this news reporting is so lazy. Boomer Esiason just reported how Allen Robinson would get like 7-10 catches on us for so many yards because we've given up 300 plus yards through the air every game and our secondary is depleted. Does he not know we are at full strength in the secondary? You did the home work on the stats but you did not bother to see who the personnel was?

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Some of this news reporting is so lazy. Boomer Esiason just reported how Allen Robinson would get like 7-10 catches on us for so many yards because we've given up 300 plus yards through the air every game and our secondary is depleted. Does he not know we are at full strength in the secondary? You did the home work on the stats but you did not bother to see who the personnel was?

Yeah Boomer picked the Jags to win .