Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Media Has No Idea

manningstheman

That's nice but this is before Manning had this previous surgery so those stats really mean nothing. At least we know Luck is healthy, young, a great prospect, and is ready to play day 1.

Judging from your username you probably do not care about the Colts outside of Peyton Manning.

No college QB is ready to lead the Colts to a winning record from day one. (again: see Cam Newton)

Pagono does not have time to go 6-10.

This isnt Carolina

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew......you cant be paid more than $4-5 mi...right as a rookie....and the cap hit is all that matters. News flash: Irsay is rich.

Manning makes the $28 mi, bonus and a $7 mil salary...How's that $50 mil?

You pay the bonus and restructure contact days later..when the 'season begins'

You can restructure any contract outside year it was signed...as you said

You can cut Manning and resign him when the new 'year' begins..backloading the $28 mil into 2014 and 2015.

In fact..Mannng may ASK to do this so Wayne can be paid...

Freeney is under contract....and there's no room for Mathis in a 3-4 defense anyway..

Jeff Saturday returns if Peyton Manning returns. Bet on that...

The media is wrong.....because Pagono will want Manning...He's faced him for a few years..

........Pagono doenst have time to go 6-10 for a couple of years. and 6-10 is the bst we can expect with Luck in 2012 (see: Cam Newton and Carolina)

Pagono has to win or he's gone in 2 years, right...?...

as of today..Manning is under contract to the Indianapolis Colts..whise owner says he plays if healthy//..

With all that said..you tell me why, other than him returning for health reasons, why Manning would not likely return?

Mannings 35Mill + Lucks bonus and salary will be close to 50M My guess is around 45M but I dont know.

You're not understanding. By not exercising Mannings opt out clause, regardless of what happens you are taking a 16mill cap hit + even if you restructure the contract later there will be dead money down the road. The contract doesn't suddenly vanish even if you restructure. It makes no sense financially to pay someone 28Mill and then restructure. You are also not understanding that Mannings salary is only 7mill. That is not the problem. It is the 28mill that is the problem.

The only way I see it is if the Colts exercise the opt out clause (taking a 10m cap hit and thats it) and then try to re-sign Manning to a smaller contract. The problem there is Manning will probably get more money elsewhere than with the Colts. It also makes the Colts look bad for basically paying a QB all this money over the past year and a half for nothing.

Why is it ok to have Freeney in a 3-4 but not Mathis? You cannot compare Cam Newton to Andrew Luck. You also cannot compare the Colts to the Panthers. Those are two completely different situations. It's like me saying since Matt Cassell went 11-5 when Brady went down then the Colts will at least go 11-5 when Manning goes down. That doesn't make a lot of sense now does it?

Andrew Luck is a far better prospect coming out of college than Cam Newton was. The two reasons why Manning will not return is 1) His health 2) His bonus 3) both (ok maybe 3 reasons?) lol

No college QB is ready to lead the Colts to a winning record from day one. (again: see Cam Newton)

Pagono does not have time to go 6-10.

This isnt Carolina

Why are you comparing Cam Newton and the Panthers to Andrew Luck and the Colts? They are two completely different franchises. Two completely different quarterbacks. Your logic is faulty.

That's nice but this is before Manning had this previous surgery so those stats really mean nothing. At least we know Luck is healthy, young, a great prospect, and is ready to play day 1.

Judging from your username you probably do not care about the Colts outside of Peyton Manning.

You can assu.me all you want Luck lover. Im showing love and support for our QB. My user name was number1coltfanidaho genuis. Shows how little you pay attention.

:troll:

Let me remind all you Luck lovers of something.

Luck is an un proven college qb

Manning is a future HOF may be the best thats ever played

Manning has been to 2 SB and won 1

Manning is the only 4X leauge MVP

Manning has contibuted Millions to the city of Indianapolis

Manning is the reason us fans have LOS

Manning can have a 4500 yrd season with half the team on IR

I could go on and on..

And that is my biggest fear...

but not the franchise right?

Again.. :troll: trying to start problems.

Stating love and support for Manning against people like you in love with an unproven QB and treat Manning as the 'what have you done for me lately club'.

Media is tearing him apart whenever they get the chance and so are some fans like you. It where i stand right now regardless of your opinion.

Ticks me off so called colts fans like you willing to drop a man thats made Indy a football city cause you thinknits about money. Its not. Its all about his health. Irsay said it, why cant it seep through your thick skull?

Again.. :troll: trying to start problems.

Stating love and support for Manning against people like you in love with an unproven QB and treat Manning as the 'what have you done for me lately club'.

Media is tearing him apart whenever they get the chance and so are some fans like you. It where i stand right now regardless of your opinion.

Ticks me off so called colts fans like you willing to drop a man thats made Indy a football city cause you thinknits about money. Its not. Its all about his health. Irsay said it, why cant it seep through your thick skull?

Of course its not about the money. Irsay can pay Manning the 28M + 7M salary all he wants. In return other parts of the team will lack talent and or have holes. Does that make a lot of sense for a SB contending team?

You are also contradicting yourself because you state Luck is an unproven QB but so is Manning post-surgery. No one knows even if he is re-signed how he will look come this season.

It just makes more sense to take a great prospect who is young, healthy, and can give the franchise 12-15 or more years of QB play than an older QB who hasn't played in a long time coming off 3 surgeries who is still not 100% healthy as of this post.

Lets make some things clear here

Manning and Luck together will cost close to 50M in REAL dollars. Actual cash. The cap hit will be around 20mill ( I dont know Lucks cap hit but Manning is 16mish)

Manning's "boys" as in Mathis and you're forgetting Wayne will likely not be here next year if the Colts cannot make some room in the cap. If Manning is back it will be pretty darn hard to re-sign both Mathis and Wayne. One will be gone. Saturday is a F/A and may retire.

Manning cannot renegotiate per the new CBA rules. You cannot alter the contract in any way before the league year starts and the March 8th bonus date is before the league year starts. They cannot restructure until after the league year starts. By then Manning will have the 28m.

Now tell me if you think the media is wrong in saying Manning may likely not be back.

This is not exactly true...there is a lot of gray area. I started a thread early in the week because PFT reported the date can be moved. Brandt is reporting today that the answer is that it basically depends on who you ask...I read the CBA because I was interested in what it actually said and I came away with the same interpretation prior to reading Brandt's article. It seems doubtful it will happen since they haven't started moving on it yet; it would take time to OK it sounds like to me. Here is what Brandt said today on the issue today (http://www.nationalf...ent-Part-2.html):

As to the Colts needing to decide by March 8th – before the 2012 League Year and trading period begin on March 13th – many ask “Can’t Peyton push the date back?” Theoretically, perhaps. Practically, doubtful.

Manning and agent Tom Condon negotiated, in effect, a“no-trade clause” without it actually being designated as such.

As to moving the date, the CBA prevents renegotiations of contracts following the last regular season game of the League Year within which the date is in. The March 8th date is in the 2011 League Year, as the 2012 League Year begins on March 13th.

The NFL Management Council would interpret the language to allow the date to be moved, suggesting a moved date is not a "renegotiation".

The NFL Players Association's lawyers have a different interpretation of that language, and could contest a moved date as a renegotiation in a grievance against the NFL and the Colts.

Mannings 35Mill + Lucks bonus and salary will be close to 50M My guess is around 45M but I dont know.

You're not understanding. By not exercising Mannings opt out clause, regardless of what happens you are taking a 16mill cap hit + even if you restructure the contract later there will be dead money down the road. The contract doesn't suddenly vanish even if you restructure. It makes no sense financially to pay someone 28Mill and then restructure. You are also not understanding that Mannings salary is only 7mill. That is not the problem. It is the 28mill that is the problem.

The only way I see it is if the Colts exercise the opt out clause (taking a 10m cap hit and thats it) and then try to re-sign Manning to a smaller contract. The problem there is Manning will probably get more money elsewhere than with the Colts. It also makes the Colts look bad for basically paying a QB all this money over the past year and a half for nothing.

Why is it ok to have Freeney in a 3-4 but not Mathis? You cannot compare Cam Newton to Andrew Luck. You also cannot compare the Colts to the Panthers. Those are two completely different situations. It's like me saying since Matt Cassell went 11-5 when Brady went down then the Colts will at least go 11-5 when Manning goes down. That doesn't make a lot of sense now does it?

Andrew Luck is a far better prospect coming out of college than Cam Newton was. The two reasons why Manning will not return is 1) His health 2) His bonus 3) both

Its Okay to have Freeney and not Mathis because Mathis is bigger..already under contract..and at time is just a 2nd and 3rd down guy anyway..

Mathis is a free agent/.It is illogical to sign him to play a position he's never played, agreed?

Irsay says the money is not the issue with Manning.

Sounds ie you think he's lying to us? ...and as you say we have to pay most of the cap hit EVEN IF WE CUT Manning.....

I dont think it looks bad for us to have paid Manning in 2011...it looks honorable to me.....The Manning-Luck combo will work..Trust me. ts the traditional way QBs have entered pro ball

My comparison to Cam..was that Cam went 6-10, Andrew

I'll accept that you have better 'cred' coming out of school than Cam did.

but why would Pagono want to go 'rookie' at QB when he needs to win immediately.

by the time Luck is really good in the NFL..wont Pagono be here....2 more losing seasons and he's fired, too. Right?

This is not exactly true...there is a lot of gray area. I started a thread early in the week because PFT reported the date can be moved. Brandt is reporting today that the answer is that it basically depends on who you ask...I read the CBA because I was interested in what it actually said and I came away with the same interpretation prior to reading Brandt's article. It seems doubtful it will happen since they haven't started moving on it yet; it would take time to OK it sounds like to me. Here is what Brandt said today on the issue today (http://www.nationalf...ent-Part-2.html):

As to the Colts needing to decide by March 8th – before the 2012 League Year and trading period begin on March 13th – many ask “Can’t Peyton push the date back?” Theoretically, perhaps. Practically, doubtful.

Manning and agent Tom Condon negotiated, in effect, a“no-trade clause” without it actually being designated as such.

As to moving the date, the CBA prevents renegotiations of contracts following the last regular season game of the League Year within which the date is in. The March 8th date is in the 2011 League Year, as the 2012 League Year begins on March 13th.

The NFL Management Council would interpret the language to allow the date to be moved, suggesting a moved date is not a "renegotiation".

The NFL Players Association's lawyers have a different interpretation of that language, and could contest a moved date as a renegotiation in a grievance against the NFL and the Colts.

My post was about restructuring, your post is about moving. I don't see what you're trying to prove here. They cannot restructure the contract before the league year starts. As for moving I have no idea about that. I know the only way they can restructure is for more money and that would be ok with the CBA rules if I recall.

Of course its not about the money. Irsay can pay Manning the 28M + 7M salary all he wants. In return other parts of the team will lack talent and or have holes. Does that make a lot of sense for a SB contending team?

You are also contradicting yourself because you state Luck is an unproven QB but so is Manning post-surgery. No one knows even if he is re-signed how he will look come this season.

It just makes more sense to take a great prospect who is young, healthy, and can give the franchise 12-15 or more years of QB play than an older QB who hasn't played in a long time coming off 3 surgeries who is still not 100% healthy as of this post.

In a win senario.. keep Manning have him teach Luck the ropes. I will admit that I doubt if he comes back, he will play more than a year or two then retire a Colt. In the year or two, he could give Luck some incredible coaching he couldnt get from anyone else. I dont want him relying on Clyde Christiansen and have Luck swallowed whole by an opposing defense. Let Manning teach him.

As i stated i doubt Manning would play another two whole years. Just let him end his career his way.. going out as a colt.

If he isnt healthy enough to play, well.. we still have Luck and hopefully Irsay could put Manning on the qb coaching payroll.

Its Okay to have Freeney and not Mathis because Mathis is bigger..already under contract..and at time is just a 2nd and 3rd down guy anyway..

Mathis is a free agent/.It is illogical to sign him to play a position he's never played, agreed?

Irsay says the money is not the issue with Manning.

Sounds ie you think he's lying to us? ...and as you say we have to pay most of the cap hit EVEN IF WE CUT Manning.....

I dont think it looks bad for us to have paid Manning in 2011...it looks honorable to me.....The Manning-Luck combo will work..Trust me. ts the traditional way QBs have entered pro ball

My comparison to Cam..was that Cam went 6-10, Andrew

I'll accept that you have better 'cred' coming out of school than Cam did.

but why would Pagono want to go 'rookie' at QB when he needs to win immediately.

by the time Luck is really good in the NFL..wont Pagono be here....2 more losing seasons and he's fired, too. Right?

10Mill vs 16mill (and dead money over the life of the contract) is a big difference. Cutting Manning would save the Colts money. You're also making an assumption that Luck will not be good day one. We have seen in recent years many rookie QBs come in and have great success. To say that Luck cannot match that success is alarming.

In a win senario.. keep Manning have him teach Luck the ropes. I will admit that I doubt if he comes back, he will play more than a year or two then retire a Colt. In the year or two, he could give Luck some incredible coaching he couldnt get from anyone else. I dont want him relying on Clyde Christiansen and have Luck swallowed whole by an opposing defense. Let Manning teach him.

As i stated i doubt Manning would play another two whole years. Just let him end his career his way.. going out as a colt.

If he isnt healthy enough to play, well.. we still have Luck and hopefully Irsay could put Manning on the qb coaching payroll.

The problem here really is. . . Luck is already very very good. To sit a #1 pick doesn't make a lot of sense considering the only #1 QB that ever sat was Carson Palmer if I recall. If you have watched Luck in college, he basically does everything Manning does (change plays, audible, etc.). He literally is like a college Manning. Another thing is, I dont know why the Colts would invest so much money in the QB spot like that.

10Mill vs 16mill (and dead money over the life of the contract) is a big difference. Cutting Manning would save the Colts money. You're also making an assumption that Luck will not be good day one. We have seen in recent years many rookie QBs come in and have great success. To say that Luck cannot match that success is alarming.

You'd agree though that most rookie QBs wherever they are drafted fail in their rookie serason......almost all do

Most dont play opening day.

My concern is that Luck has never faced the kind of scrutiny and pressure he will face replacing Peyton Manning...

I think its highly unrealsitic to expect Andrew Luck or any rookie to lead us (the 2-14 us) to a winning season in 2012

You'd agree though that most rookie QBs wherever they are drafted fail in their rookie serason......almost all do

Most dont play opening day.

My concern is that Luck has never faced the kind of scrutiny and pressure he will face replacing Peyton Manning...

I think its highly unrealsitic to expect Andrew Luck or any rookie to lead us (the 2-14 us) to a winning season in 2012

Why not? We have a running game. We will (assumption) have a very competent QB in Luck. If the Colts address the defense (which I think they will under Pagano). I see no reason why they cannot be in the hunt for the division crown again.

Please consider that Luck coming out of college is a better prospect than any other QB coming out of college ever. You can maybe argue Elway in there.

My post was about restructuring, your post is about moving. I don't see what you're trying to prove here. They cannot restructure the contract before the league year starts. As for moving I have no idea about that. I know the only way they can restructure is for more money and that would be ok with the CBA rules if I recall.

You said: "Manning cannot renegotiate per the new CBA rules. You cannot alter the contract in any way before the league year starts and the March 8th bonus date is before the league year starts. They cannot restructure until after the league year starts. By then Manning will have the 28m."

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding you, but moving the due date of the bonus is in fact renegotiating and altering the contract by definition but may or may not be restructuring. If you actually read what Brandt said, the NFLPA would argue that moving the date is restructuring and thus not allowed, and the NFL would say it is not restructuring and is allowed. So, moving the date (e.g., renegotiating or altering) may or may not be restructuring, which you are correct in saying is not allowed. My point was that there is a gray area with the ability to move the date, and I assumed from your post that is what you were talking about. I really don't think anyone is thinking that the contract would be changed without moving the date, right? I mean, the problem is not the money, it is the fact that March 8th is too early to tell how healthy PM will be by the start of camp.

You said: "Manning cannot renegotiate per the new CBA rules. You cannot alter the contract in any way before the league year starts and the March 8th bonus date is before the league year starts. They cannot restructure until after the league year starts. By then Manning will have the 28m."

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding you, but moving the due date of the bonus is in fact renegotiating and altering the contract by definition but may or may not be restructuring. If you actually read what Brandt said, the NFLPA would argue that moving the date is restructuring and thus not allowed, and the NFL would say it is not restructuring and is allowed. So, moving the date (e.g., renegotiating or altering) may or may not be restructuring, which you are correct in saying is not allowed. My point was that there is a gray area with the ability to move the date, and I assumed from your post that is what you were talking about. I really don't think anyone is thinking that the contract would be changed without moving the date, right? I mean, the problem is not the money, it is the fact that March 8th is too early to tell how healthy PM will be by the start of camp.

exactly I used the wrong word maybe my apologies but I know that prior to March 8th they cannot restructure for less money. I did read that they can restructure for more money but that would be silly. I have no idea if they can move the date or not

I'm just going off of this

Article 13, Section 8(a)(ii) as it pertains to renegotiated deals:

No contract renegotiations may be done for a current season after the last regular season game of that season

In this case I believe technically that is before March 13th. In other words up until March 13th, it is still the current season.

Why is so hard to understand that REAL money and CAP money are two entirely different numbers? Irsay has said before that money isnt the issue. He's willing to pay both Peyton and Luck next year and for a few seasons to come. People are so stone headed its not even funny.

Why not? We have a running game. We will (assumption) have a very competent QB in Luck. If the Colts address the defense (which I think they will under Pagano). I see no reason why they cannot be in the hunt for the division crown again.

Please consider that Luck coming out of college is a better prospect than any other QB coming out of college ever. You can maybe argue Elway in there.

I hope you are right...but 'the best ever' is a large leap of faith...and and a HUGE cross to bear

Mark Prior was the best college picther prospect EVER.....He's working at Wendy's now...

I hope you are right...but 'the best ever' is a large leap of faith...and and a HUGE cross to bear

Mark Prior was the best college picther prospect EVER.....He's working at Wendy's now...

Again baseball and football are two entirely different sports. Another key word is I said prospect. It has been said Luck is one of the best prospects to come out of college ever.

Why is so hard to understand that REAL money and CAP money are two entirely different numbers? Irsay has said before that money isnt the issue. He's willing to pay both Peyton and Luck next year and for a few seasons to come. People are so stone headed its not even funny.

You can pay Manning and Luck all that boat load of money if you want. Technically it is not a problem. But now when you are working against the cap and need to re-sign Mathis or Wayne or any other F/A next year. . building a super bowl caliber team next year. . money at some point does become an issue. Going into next season this team will have the most holes it's had in a long time.

Again baseball and football are two entirely different sports. Another key word is I said prospect. It has been said Luck is one of the best prospects to come out of college ever.

Prospect. I know, Andrew....prospect......who needs time to develop...

Its not drafting you....its the insistence that you MUST start from day one..

That's egotictical and unrealistic

Prospect. I know, Andrew....prospect......who needs time to develop...

Its not drafting you....its the insistence that you MUST start from day one..

That's egotictical and unrealistic

not for a #1 overall QB pick. The stats have been thrown around here for a long time. Only one QB being the #1 overall pick has ever sat (SB ERA)

How many had winning records their first year..

Andrew..you dont have much time....If you play, you have to lead victories...immediately..

.No No.1 of any kind has EVER has come in to play immediately and replace a certain Hall-of-Famer who was still active?

There have to be doubts about you

Your right with him as a constant pot stirrer.

Nope. Was talking about you.

I get that you love Manning. I have spent the last decade doing all manner of things Colts related. My wife and I have spent way too much of our extra cash on season tickets, traveling to away games, going to 2 Super Bowls, and an unhealthy amount of Colts apparel pretty all because of Manning. This not about me or any other like minded fan wanting him gone. It is about recognizing that the Colts have to look to the future and in all likelihood, Peyton is not part of that - for a variety of reasons that have been debated ad nauseum.

I know this is thread about bashing the media, but there are plenty of good and reasonable football minds that think starting over is the best thing for the long term good of the franchise.

Now call me a troll...

How many had winning records their first year..

Andrew..you dont have much time....If you play, you have to lead victories...immediately..

.No No.1 of any kind has EVER has come in to play immediately and replace a certain Hall-of-Famer who was still active?

There have to be doubts about you

Aaron Rodgers. Granted not a #1 pick he did technically replace a HOF in Favre. Tell me how Mannings first season went yes? He surely didnt lead to victories right away right? So at the end of that season he must have been a bust......... To say a QB must do something in their first season is not fair. They are dealt the tools and are forced to go to work with them.

You can pay Manning and Luck all that boat load of money if you want. Technically it is not a problem. But now when you are working against the cap and need to re-sign Mathis or Wayne or any other F/A next year. . building a super bowl caliber team next year. . money at some point does become an issue. Going into next season this team will have the most holes it's had in a long time.

Saving barely 6.6 mil in cap space by cutting Manning would be enough to sign 2 GOOD players and maybe 3-4 mediocore/average players. Doesn't seem like that much of a difference considering there isn't that many good F/A's this coming year anyway. People act like by cutting Manning you free up all this room to GREATLY improve our team. Doesn't work like that.

If you wish to know more about the cap numbers in paticular go here: http://blogs.indystar.com/coltsinsider/2012/01/26/were-still-talking-about-peyton-manning-and-what-the-future-holds/

Aaron Rodgers. Granted not a #1 pick he did technically replace a HOF in Favre. Tell me how Mannings first season went yes? He surely didnt lead to victories right away right? So at the end of that season he must have been a bust......... To say a QB must do something in their first season is not fair. They are dealt the tools and are forced to go to work with them.

Its not fair..Andrew....but its the real world......and you are being touted as the 'second coming'

You know Indy....a decade of success..

As you say..Rodgers didnt replace Farve in his rookie season when he didnt know the league..

If we ashcan Manning for you, Andrew....you must have a winning record immediately....

Its the NFL..it doesn't have to be fair..

We payed nearly the same amount against the cap on QBs in 2011 as we would/will in 2012 if Manning is retained and the #1 pick is used on a QB.

So I really do not get your point.

Nope. Was talking about you.

I get that you love Manning. I have spent the last decade doing all manner of things Colts related. My wife and I have spent way too much of our extra cash on season tickets, traveling to away games, going to 2 Super Bowls, and an unhealthy amount of Colts apparel pretty all because of Manning. This not about me or any other like minded fan wanting him gone. It is about recognizing that the Colts have to look to the future and in all likelihood, Peyton is not part of that - for a variety of reasons that have been debated ad nauseum.

I know this is thread about bashing the media, but there are plenty of good and reasonable football minds that think starting over is the best thing for the long term good of the franchise.

Now call me a troll...

Ok.. :troll: now what? :wow:

Im pretty sure everyone agress your narcissitic posts can be viewed as pot stirring. Im trying to remember the last time you said something nice to a forum member without making an obscured comment.

I at least try and even out my posting with humor, i consider you just rude. Have a nice after noon. See humor :)

Saving barely 6.6 mil in cap space by cutting Manning would be enough to sign 2 GOOD players and maybe 3-4 mediocore/average players. Doesn't seem like that much of a difference considering there isn't that many good F/A's this coming year anyway. People act like by cutting Manning you free up all this room to GREATLY improve our team. Doesn't work like that.

If you wish to know more about the cap numbers in paticular go here: http://blogs.indysta...e-future-holds/

Its not just this season. If you read the article his cap hit increases each year. If you decide to kick Manning to the curb after 2 years there is still dead money there that will affect the cap.

In his current contract, add up all those cap hits and the REAL dollars he will make and compare it to cutting Manning. It is a significant figure.

Just wanted to pop in on these forums and say that I really hope that Peyton is the QB for this team until HE decides to retire. All it seems ESPN is doing to trying to spread rumors because some higher-up is a Jets fan... It really makes sense to me to trade that number one pick to Miami or some that needs Luck and go after defense later in the 1st round. Plus, you guys would be able to get so much more with trading that pick such as future first round picks... the Colts really need LB's and secondary more than a QB and I am sure Freeney and Mathis wouldn't mind more help too. The team can draft its future QB in the future as I am sure Luck won't be the only NFL ready QB to come out for the next five years. Good luck to you guys.

We payed nearly the same amount against the cap in 2011 as we would/will in 2012 if Manning is retained and the #1 pick is used on a QB.

So I really do not get your point.

You still are not getting it and I understand. Please take into consideration our free agents in 2011 vs 2012. The talent level on the team in 2011 vs 2012. Then you will slowly realize when players like Garcon, Mathis, Wayne, Saturday, Diem, Tamme are free agents, that figure becomes even more significant.

Its not fair..Andrew....but its the real world......and you are being touted as the 'second coming'

You know Indy....a decade of success..

As you say..Rodgers didnt replace Farve in his rookie season when he didnt know the league..

If we ashcan Manning for you, Andrew....you must have a winning record immediately....

Its the NFL..it doesn't have to be fair..

I dont know if its sarcasm or just bad logic

How many HOF QB's had 3 neck surgeries in their 30's affecting their arm strength? This cat and mouse game really doesn't work. If you have a QB in the situation of Manning, healthy or not you take a QB to back him up. You prepare for the worst.

Its not just this season. If you read the article his cap hit increases each year. If you decide to kick Manning to the curb after 2 years there is still dead money there that will affect the cap.

In his current contract, add up all those cap hits and the REAL dollars he will make and compare it to cutting Manning. It is a significant figure.

It does increase each year but let me break a few things down here for you.

-Most people don't anticpate Peyton playing into the 4th and 5th year in that deal if he does come back and play. Its plasiable he will play for about 3 and the 4th and 5th were considered option years as well.

-There still is dead cap money and thats my point as to why you don't cut him. Theres very little difference if you cut or keep him salary wise but you are also losing the GOAT if you cut him. Seems like the odds would favor keeping him in terms of your talent and money equation.

-Once again I don't understand why you are so infatuated with REAL dollars. All that matters in the league and in Irsay's eyes is CAP dollars. Irsay has said repeatedly money isn't the issue. Keeping Luck and Peyton would be equivialent to what we did this year with Collins on the roster.