The Media Has No Idea

manningstheman

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a FACT that Mathis and Garcon will command as much money as they can get. Their agents are being paid so they can get as much money as they can. They are for sure going to get offers from other teams and if the Colts get cheap they are not sticking with the Colts. Your dream scenario has a lot of assumptions and breaks down quickly. Mathis will be a big name this free agency. A healthy addai is better than a healthy brown. At least with Addai you get a back that can catch, block, and run for 1k yards like he has before.

That theory makes no sense concerning Mathis and Garcon because if that were so EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE would be doing that. The problem with your scenario is Addai hasn't been healthy the past 3-4 seasons consistently. That is known fact. Sorry but a healthy player is automatically better than a injury-prone player on the simple notion of production. You also have to equate the lifespan on RB's and realize Addai is gaining in age in that department.

That theory makes no sense concerning Mathis and Garcon because if that were so EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE would be doing that. The problem with your scenario is Addai hasn't been healthy the past 3-4 seasons consistently. That is known fact. Sorry but a healthy player is automatically better than a injury-prone player on the simple notion of production. You also have to equate the lifespan on RB's and realize Addai is gaining in age in that department.

Not a theory but anyways not EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE is a top DE going into F/A. Not every single player in the league is an explosive WR with a lot of upside. So Donald Brown never gets injured? (2009) (2010 hamstring)? They have both been injured yet Addai more than Brown. You know Addai hard more yards rushing in only 8 games last year than Brown did in 13?

Not a theory but anyways not EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE is a top DE going into F/A. Not every single player in the league is an explosive WR with a lot of upside. So Donald Brown never gets injured? (2009) (2010 hamstring)? They have both been injured yet Addai more than Brown. You know Addai hard more yards rushing in only 8 games last year than Brown did in 13?

Thats what you are implying.Yes Mathis will probably want top dollar but as others stated, this can be negotiated. Same with Garcon.

Oh and you are completely wrong in your stats on Addai and Brown.

Brown: 645 yards on 134 attempts with a 4.8 average and 5 TD's

Addai: 433 yards on 118 attempts with a 3.7 average and 1 TD

Now who has the better stats again?

Michael Lombardi is the only one that seems to have a brain. He understands healthy Peyton is a Colt. Retired if he isn't. He seems to be the only one not ignoring the words directly coming out of Jim and Peyton's mouths.

My fear is that Manning is not healthy enough in one month, colts cut him due to money, but by July he has healed and signs with another team. That would be a shame but seems like a somewhat likely scenario.

I can't understand the lack of info about Manning's progress. It is not a binary nerve not healed/nerve healed. Must be some indication if he will be ready by fall.

But I have a source....and please pay attention to the final paragraph...

Bottom line...the deal can be restructured (or however you wish to term it) so cash and cap is available...

I think you can accept this. It on-line..easy to find..

We can keep Manning and sign Regghie..

Lord willing this is my final post to you:

I could care less about your source. My source is more recent and is from someone within in the business as opposed to a reporter.

The deal cannot be restructured prior to the Option Due Date. End of story.

Again, you've been provided with the accurate information and you either fail to read it, believe it, or understand it and I am trying to be as polite as possible.

Still waiting on that Reggie Wayne quote. Actually I'm not because it doesn't exist.

Ciao

Freeney will have his contract redone or he will be cut or traded.

Agreed. There is no way we can pay him almost $20 million next year. Actually, it is amazing that he is scheduled to make almost as much as a PM/Luck combo would. Yet another example of the national media not understanding the current state of the Colts' roster/cap.

Thats what you are implying.Yes Mathis will probably want top dollar but as others stated, this can be negotiated. Same with Garcon.

Oh and you are completely wrong in your stats on Addai and Brown.

Brown: 645 yards on 134 attempts with a 4.8 average and 5 TD's

Addai: 433 yards on 118 attempts with a 3.7 average and 1 TD

Now who has the better stats again?

correction I meant 2010 since the 2011 season is still in effect I should have said last season not last year

Agreed. There is no way we can pay him almost $20 million next year. Actually, it is amazing that he is scheduled to make almost as much as a PM/Luck combo would. Yet another example of the national media not understanding the current state of the Colts' roster/cap.

It was set up that way to convert it into an extension. If he refuses, then he will be traded to a team that will restructure it, or he will be cut.

It was set up that way to convert it into an extension. If he refuses, then he will be traded to a team that will restructure it, or he will be cut.

Oh, I know, I'm just saying that this should be a story as well. People should be on Freeney watch as much as PM watch...both players have major cap ramifications for the Colts this year and possibly in the future.

Lord willing this is my final post to you:

I could care less about your source. My source is more recent and is from someone within in the business as opposed to a reporter.

The deal cannot be restructured prior to the Option Due Date. End of story.

Again, you've been provided with the accurate information and you either fail to read it, believe it, or understand it and I am trying to be as polite as possible.

Still waiting on that Reggie Wayne quote. Actually I'm not because it doesn't exist.

Ciao

You can't spell it out to make it easier for him to understand. He will never get it.